Mechanical Questions Thread

I have trouble understanding the lightning part of Wild Strike.

You attack. It shoots out a projectile (that doesnt count as a projectile) that then chains, right? So you can't link it with GMP/LMP, right? Can it Fork? Can it return? Can it pierce? Is there an extra category for this non-projectile thing (so can it be dublicated/multiplied or buffed in any way? )

Thanks.
"
vayha wrote:
Hello
Im leveling Raider with 2x Oni-goroshi. One for trashes second for single targets. I want ask you about - how to best link for Blade Flurry (best Single Target I think)

I noticed that BF works with Her Embrace although I use Elemental Focus... but Her Embrace does't trigger often with Blade Flurry. I use Herald of Ash also but I'm not sure it matters.

Question is - how to build Raider on Single Target and be sure Her Embrace triggers well.

Most of these are not mechanical questions. You would get better build help by posting in the main Gameplay Help forum. But I can answer the mechanical problem you're having: Her Embrace triggers when you Ignite an enemy. Elemental Focus makes it so that you can't Ignite anything with the linked skill.

"
willeke wrote:

You attack. It shoots out a projectile (that doesnt count as a projectile) that then chains, right? So you can't link it with GMP/LMP, right? Can it Fork? Can it return? Can it pierce? Is there an extra category for this non-projectile thing (so can it be dublicated/multiplied or buffed in any way? )

Thanks.

It is not a projectile in any way. No projectile-related modifiers apply to it. It is simply a skill that chains to hit several enemies. Modifiers such as Pierce or Return don't make sense for it, since it is not a "thing" that travels on a trajectory that could impact or pierce some enemies. It simply picks a certain number of nearby enemies and hits them directly, without considering anything standing in the way.

It is basically the same thing as Arc or Orb of Storms (only it is an Attack instead of a Spell).
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 11, 2018, 2:55:15 PM
Bug or intended?

I run Gloomfang + CI. So I need life gain on hit to not kill myself. I linked Frost Bomb with lgoh. The ticks from the bomb dont kill me, but the explosion at the end does. Why? It should hit, thus I should gain life. (my lgoh gives +34, my gloomfang is on -11)
"
willeke wrote:
Bug or intended?

I run Gloomfang + CI. So I need life gain on hit to not kill myself. I linked Frost Bomb with lgoh. The ticks from the bomb dont kill me, but the explosion at the end does. Why? It should hit, thus I should gain life. (my lgoh gives +34, my gloomfang is on -11)

LGoH does not support Frost Bomb at all. The initial pulses don't kill you only because they don't actually Hit anything, they just apply a debuff.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 11, 2018, 10:47:58 PM
"
willeke wrote:

The LGoH Support only applies to Attacks - Frost Bomb is a Spell. You would need LGoH with Spells, such as from Cybil's Paw or a Shaper Ring.

Frost Bomb's "ticks" only apply a Debuff, they do not Hit, which is why they don't kill you :)

e;f,b
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 11, 2018, 10:49:33 PM
Does Unbound Ailments increase the effect of ailments applied through ground effects (e.g. shocked ground left by Vaal Lightning Trap)?

If not, is there any way to increase the effect of these ailments?
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 12, 2018, 3:48:49 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

"
willeke wrote:

It is not a projectile in any way. No projectile-related modifiers apply to it. It is simply a skill that chains to hit several enemies. Modifiers such as Pierce or Return don't make sense for it, since it is not a "thing" that travels on a trajectory that could impact or pierce some enemies. It simply picks a certain number of nearby enemies and hits them directly, without considering anything standing in the way.

The cold attack from wild strike is a projectile effect, so any projectile effects will apply to it. The lightning is, like arc, and as noted, a chaining effect without a projectile. The fire part is an aoe explosion, so aoe applies to it.
"
kamisamax wrote:
If i would have 2 or more blight totems, would the degen stack separetly or still max 20stacks from all 4combined? similar to scorching ray , when dmg stacks but the -resist doesnt or blight is different?

The maximum stack number - now 15, not 20 - is from all instances. No single target can have more than 15 stacks, so the only benefit of multiple totems (even from multiple players) would be to stack to the cap faster.
Question about Tempestous Steel and Vagan's weapons, their "Hits can't be evaded" mod is local(only hits with that weapon) or global(all hits done by character using it)?
"
Kruskader wrote:
Question about Tempestous Steel and Vagan's weapons, their "Hits can't be evaded" mod is local(only hits with that weapon) or global(all hits done by character using it)?

It's local. The global version is stated as "Your hits can't be Evaded".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info