Mechanical Questions Thread

Blade Flurry attacks at listed speed, not counting the burst on releasing (which is extremely fast).
The Inquisitor's "Pious Path" node says "Cannot be affected by Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground", yet if I open a freezing strongbox and pop my Sulphur flask (thus creating Consecrated Ground right at my feet) I remain frozen. Since freeze is an elemental ailment, is this intended and does it mean the node only protects you from "future" ailments ? In that case, popping the flask before opening the box should work, right ?
Quick follow up: How do the freeze mechanic on chests work? Is it a flat duration at all levels, or does scale by map level? Can it be avoided?
Question about the interaction with mob level on corpses in maps.

Are rare mob corpses considered +2 over zone level of the current zone. IE is a Kitava Herald off a desecrate in a lvl 83 zone the same as a Kitava Herald rare mob killed then ressurected or is it weaker?

Why this jewlle not work?
Last edited by motkonca1 on Oct 13, 2017, 1:53:34 AM
"
Are rare mob corpses considered +2 over zone level of the current zone. IE is a Kitava Herald off a desecrate in a lvl 83 zone the same as a Kitava Herald rare mob killed then ressurected or is it weaker?

Rare mobs drop items of two levels higher, but they are not higher level themselves.

"
motkonca1 wrote:
Why this jewlle not work?

edit: Your screenshot shows it working just fine.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 13, 2017, 4:14:54 AM
"
Wendek wrote:
The Inquisitor's "Pious Path" node says "Cannot be affected by Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground", yet if I open a freezing strongbox and pop my Sulphur flask (thus creating Consecrated Ground right at my feet) I remain frozen. Since freeze is an elemental ailment, is this intended and does it mean the node only protects you from "future" ailments ? In that case, popping the flask before opening the box should work, right ?

Correct, the wording only prevents future applications.

Cannot be... = prevent the future
Unaffected by... = it's still on you, but doesn't do anything
Immune to... = removes current application AND prevents future

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1876279/page/1#p14555198

"
So if you become "Immune to Ignite", any ignites on you are removed by gaining immunity.

If you gain "Cannot be Ignited", then nothing can now ignite you, but if there's already an ignite on you, it's not removed.
Last edited by i3igpete on Oct 13, 2017, 1:48:19 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
KOT_LUIS wrote:
Only he 100% knows the exact answers to my questions.

To give you an idea of how often your questions have been asked, here is a thread from 2012 with the same answer I gave :/ Minions aren't much of a grey area. I know with 100% certainty that I am correct, and every other nerd in this forum would have given the same answer.

--------
@rel4us: Scold's cannot Crit (nor Stun). Frostbite's chance to be Frozen would work, but without Auxium and very little ES the duration will be too small to actually apply.

Thank you very much
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
Dear Mark,

I would like to ask about the effect of player's aura on minions. In my case, I used vitality aura and it did show a aura effect with visual effect on myself and my ally players. However, there was no visual effect on my minions or totem. Then, I used rejuvenation totem for the rejuvenation totem aura. It showed aura effect on me, the totem itself and minions. In addition to the vitality, i also tried discipline aura. It only showed aura effect on myself and my ally players.

I would like to ask if the player's aura affect all of our allies including totem and minions. Second question is whether player's aura will show visual effect on minions and totems. Third question is the reason for only totem aura have visual effect on my minions and totem.

Thank you.
Hello,

I have a question about the keystone passive "Avatar of Fire".

It states -

"
50% of Physical, Cold and Lightning Damage Converted to Fire Damage
Deal no Non-Fire Damage

Now, assume a character did 1000 physical damage with attack X, and no other type of damage.

If they took the Avatar of Fire skill, it would convert half of that damage to fire. So attack X would now do 500 fire damage, and 500 physical damage. However, due to the 2nd part of the skill, the character can't deal any non-fire damage, so the 500 physical damage portion wouldn't count. Thus, attack X with Avatar of Fire would only do 500 fire damage, and without it would do 1000 physical damage.

Doesn't this seem like bit redundant for anything apart from fire-based builds (which wouldn't need the skill anyway, as all they do is fire damage unless they use something else to proc EE or use heralds/auras etc - which also get reduced by 50% dmg?)

Am I missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info