Mechanical Questions Thread

"
remusik wrote:
Hi Mark,

Quick question. Say I decide to use Elemental Hit with Avatar of Fire.

Presuming (for simplicity) that the hits of Ele Hit are in order Fire -> Cold -> Light, what damage and how much will each hit deal?

Will it be:

1) First hits deals fire; the same base dmg as the gem says, nothing more. Second hit does fire (former cold) at half the value of the cold dmg listed on the gem. Third hit does fire (former light) at half the value of the light dmg listed on the gem.

OR

2) First hit does fire dmg as listed on the gem PLUS half the cold PLUS half the light; and all subsequent hits follow the same logic, dealing the full fire plus half and half of the other elements as fire.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :)

Elemental hit randomly rolls the element you're going to hit with. Then conversion happens. Thus situation 1 is more or less what should be going on.

Situation 2 doesn't makes sense as that assumes you're hitting with all 3 elements at once, which doesn't happen.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Actually im testing some gladiator build and i noticed my melee totems blow up thing with my Gratuitout Violence gladiator ascendancy node. But it specifically says "Bleeding enemies "you" kill explode" i don't even need touch enemy just when my totems kill them they blow up.

This sheet seems so overpowered so i assume its a bug :x

Totems use abilities based on your characters stats and buffs. For example, if you have chance to ignite, the totem has chance to ignite. If you have chance to bleed, the totem has chance to bleed and so on.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Actually im testing some gladiator build and i noticed my melee totems blow up thing with my Gratuitout Violence gladiator ascendancy node. But it specifically says "Bleeding enemies "you" kill explode" i don't even need touch enemy just when my totems kill them they blow up.

This sheet seems so overpowered so i assume its a bug :x

It's because those mobs died from bleed, which is a DoT, which is attributed to the player.
"
effovex wrote:
With proliferation type effects, does the elemental status get affected by modifiers as it spreads, or does it proliferate with the exact same stats.

Proliferated Ignites are just exact replicas of the original Ignite. They are not modified a second time upon being spread.
Hello, I was considering making a character centered around the Doomfletch and Doomfletch’s Prism unique bow. The wording of the latter unique’s effect reads “Gain 110% of bow physical damage as extra damage of each element.” My question is, does this gained damage based on physical damage happen before or after elemental conversions?

For example, if I were to use the skill Lightning Arrow, which converts 50% of my physical damage to lightning damage, would I still gain the same amount of damage as if I were using Split Arrow which has no elemental conversion via this mechanic?
When shield charging directly on top of a stationary enemy, which damage applies first: the travel damage, the impact damage or both added together?

Does increased area of effect apply to shield charge's width while traveling?

Do generic "melee damage" modifiers apply to poison/bleed applied by melee skills?

Does Shield Charge's 200% more damage apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?

Does Earthquake's 70% more damage from the aftershock apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?

With a Voidheart equipped, do your melee totems poison/bleed?

Is it possible to proc multiple Noxious Strike's triggers (bleed/poison/maim) with a single attack on a previously unaffected enemy? i.e. If I hit a healthy enemy with a regular skill, does it only roll the 30% to bleed and stop, or does it then roll the 40% chance to poison since the enemy is now bleeding.

Continuing on from the previous question, If I had a Voidheart equipped and attacked a healthy enemy, does my first hit have a 50% chance to maim?
If my earthquake can bleed/poison, does the "aftershock deal 79% more damage" also apply to the bleeding/poison caused by the aftershock?
I was curious about the Gladiator ascendancy node Outmatch and Outlast. It reads:

25% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill with mainhand
25% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill with offhand

I was curious the relationship between this node and a build that uses a 1H and shield.

1) Does this node only apply to dual wielding?
2) Does it work for an ability such as shield charge, which uses the shield to do damage?
3) Can the frenzy charge portion proc if you are unarmed?
Do two different sources for elemental penetration (like mastermind of discord from elementalist + lightning penetration support gem) stack? If not, how does it work?

Another question: Is Izaro in his final stage considered "low life"?
Last edited by Jojas on Jun 16, 2016, 4:25:16 AM
Hello Mark, you're awesome for doing this! Maybe you could explain some situations that don't make sense to me:

Consider that I am a Juggernaut with Unrelenting, 10 max endurance charges, 0 armor or other mitigation, two Heartbound Loops, Kingsguard, and a lvl 1 cwdt linked to immortal call. I self-cast summon skeletons. In what order do things happen when the skeletons disappear? Is there any general way of figuring out the order when things happen "at the same time"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info