Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Do Totem "Damage" nodes on the tree mitigate the loss from the "less" modifier if applicable?

No, for two reasons:
1. Minions do not benefit from your Passives unless explicitly stated otherwise.
2. Minions do not deal Totem Damage, and as such do not benefit from Totem Damage.

The Spell Totem support applies untyped %Less Damage, which affects all Damage; the Minion will suffer this penalty regardless of what they do.

Also worth noting: Less-type modifiers are multiplicative, whereas Increased Damage is additive. As such, the Spell Totem penalty doesn't get negated by an equal amount of Increased Damage, not even close.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 17, 2017, 8:15:37 AM
Hi all,

I am wondering if the "Nightstalker" node which grants "50% Increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers" also applies to spells that are cast while holding a dagger, and by extension, if it also applies to spells that are cast from a Cast on Critical Strike setup, while holding a dagger? Or does the bonus only apply to damage actually caused by an Attack with the dagger?

If the bonus also applies to spells/CoC spells, then this node and other nodes such as "From The Shadows" are now much more worthwhile.

FWIW I am running a Cyclone CoC Elemental Spell Dagger build.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Apr 17, 2017, 8:35:52 AM
"
maxwolfie wrote:
I am wondering if the "Nightstalker" node which grants "50% Increased Critical Strike Chance with Daggers" also applies to spells that are cast while holding a dagger

No. Spells do not use your Weapon, and thus cannot benefit from "with Weapon" modifiers. The only weapon-specific nodes that apply to Spells are "while wielding" nodes, such as Serpent Stance.
"
adghar wrote:
"
UhhOmgRofl wrote:

Does the rallying cry enchant effect both? i went thru 20 pages after the comment and cannot find an answer....please answer thanks

It was answered only recently.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Not quite. It increases the value of all the stats granted by the Rallying Cry Buff. However, this buff only grants two stats, not three - "x% increased Damage" and "y Mana regenerated per second". The total amount of increased damage is calculated by the skill when cast, and depends on how many enemies are nearby, but it is only this one total value that is put into the buff, and then increased by the buff effect stat.
I practice this doesn't matter a lot, but does make a difference in terms of where rounding happens.

The way I read his answer is: Yes, it affects both.

Thanks idk why i didnt think of that, so it gives the base Dmg Increase, and then 174% per 100 mobs, which just adds to the base granted if 1 mob is there, makes sense xd, and i assumed it wasnt answered, cause i seen him answer every other question on the next like 30 pages lola nd gave up looking for that answer ty for bring it out tho
Hey!

How do different "enemies explode" things interact? Like explosions from Occultist or Obliteration Wand + Haemophilia and/or Herald of Ice?
Do always every exposion happens when all are rolled or is the game chosing one or more depending on whatever mechanics?

Thanks!
Essence of Hysteria's mod on boots: drops burning ground while moving, dealing X fire damage per second.

Is this scaled by character stats? If I have increased fire and burning damage on tree, am I scaling this damage or is it just a set amount only affected by the enemy's stats?
Just a quick question that I am uncertain about. If it has been answered earlier in this thread I apologize. Couldn't find it skimming through 200+ pages.

When using The Taming + Emberwake, enemies can be tagged with multiple ignites and each ignite increases your damage by 10%.

Do these bonuses apply to totems? More to the point: if the totem applies multiple ignites, does the totem deal 10% increased damage per ignite?

All of my previous knowledge tells me yes, but I want to clear up my doubts.
Bring back race seasons.
got a question about Spectral throw if i stand next to a wall and my enemy between me and the wall how often will he get attacked by that 1 projectile i read its 0,3 per attack but to how many hits does that lead? (if its exactly infront of me and the wall and boss very near together)
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
prob a dumb question but...

Does "increased flask effect" also increase the numeric effects that are granted "while using a flask". An exmaple of this is Essence of Hysteria Belt Mod, 5% ele pen while using flask.

Thanks, i know this may be obvious at first glance that it doesnt work, but has anyone tested it?

Thanks,

LocK
LocK
does atziri reflect damage in normal phase? need you resolve an argument haha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info