Mechanical Questions Thread

Mark, thanks for this thread. Since you haven't yet responded to my question, I've modified the way I asked it. Hope that doesn't pose a problem.

My question is about the duration of bleed and poison from items. I'm using snakebite gloves that inflict poison when at max frenzy charges. Here is a post where testing didn't seem to match what the wiki says for the default durations: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678470. Can you please clarify the base durations for bleed and poisons including distinctions if it matters what the source is (besides the obvious modified durations from Puncture and Viper Strike)?

And here is another thread where testing seemed to show inconsistencies with duration modifiers: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698604. It looks like Increased Duration Support increases poison duration but Less Duration Support does not lessen it. I guess in summary my question is: Is the duration of bleed and poison attached to skills via items supposed to be modifyable by passives and/or gems supporting the skill that applied the bleed/poison?

Thanks!
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 9, 2016, 10:12:42 AM
I was wondering if you could clarify this for me.

If i have an attack linked with Slower Projectiles (adding more projectile damage), and i poison on hit from the unique chestpiece, Cospri's Will, would the projectile damage increase also scale the poison damage, just like jewels with projectile damage do, or would it just scale the basic attack, thus scaling the poison damage a little.

I am wondering if it scales like this;

Base hit * projectile damage /10 *projectile damage

or if it's Base hit * projectile damage /10

TL;DR does the increased projectile damage gained from support gems linked to attacks that poison double dip?
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
How does ignite damage apply to targets hit by multiple explosive arrows at one (eq. stacked on ice nove are a mob pack around bosses).

I ask because i sometimes experience extreme burn damage and others very little.

If i for example stack 5 arrows on the boss and 5 arrows in two separate stacks on an icewall, all in range to hit the boss. Lets say they explode simultaneously, Will ignite damage be calculated from the total 15 arrows or just the stack with the highest damage?

Will each arrow roll ignite chance individually or as a stack? and do stacks add together (as they explode simultaneously).

thanks in advance!
From an older thread several years ago, you said that the 'Trap' support gem works on Minions, like from Mirror Arrow, but that trap passives do not buff the resulting minions' damage. However, does the 'Trap and Mine Damage' support gem work with minions supported by 'Trap'?

On that same note, in this case where you are summoning minions with Trap, would frenzy charges on your character at the time of throwing the trap buff the minions' damage?
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Jun 13, 2016, 4:17:47 PM
I am playing Necromancer with the Ascendandy Key Node "Mistress of Sacrifice" (Offerings target yourself) and I tried the new spell "Spirit Offering" but either it's not working as intended or I am bad at calculating.

My Character has 325 Int which results in 65% bonus ES
Through the skill tree my Character gets 124% bonus ES

So overall 189% ES

My Character has 4784 Maximum Life and Spirit Offering gives 2% Maximum Life as Energy Shield per Corpse (Up to 9 Corpses)

After casting my Character should have

4784 * 0,02 * 9 * (1+ 189/100) = 2488 Energy Shield

but it only gives me 1468 Energy Shield.

3 corpses give 489 Energy Shield (Just as a ref.)

Best regards Selensija
hi mark!
i skimmed the forum but didnt really find what i was looking for. what is the definition of "attacked recently" and "cast recently". what i would like to know is can a standard attack from a wand count towards "attacked recently". as well, do the attacks and spells need to hit a target for them to count towards "recently"? i am asking these questions in regards to the inquisitor ascendancy class and the instruments of virtue node.
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
Hi Mark,

I was wondering how to do the rampage challenge with 1000 killstreask with my summoner and i saw there is a pair of gloves to be on rampage (Wyrmsign) and thinking how get a maximum endurance charge. So by reducing my maximum capacity the endurance charge, i'll be at the maximum!

However, it doesn't seem to work. Is it me that i don't understand the maximum endurance charge while at 0/0 or it's a bug?

Thank you.
With Forsaken Masters release we were given info on the chance to find masters - 20% in the wild and 50% in maps iirc. So what about map trials? I've finally managed to get 6/6 but only because of global 820. The chance seems to be 5-10% maximum with the number of maps I've ran.

Also, does the tier of map have any effect on the chance to find them? Or the size of the map? I ran many, many dunes because they're the smallest map to explore and try to find a trial in. I however most notably remember finding them in higher tier maps, or zana areas.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
From an older thread several years ago, you said that the 'Trap' support gem works on Minions, like from Mirror Arrow, but that trap passives do not buff the resulting minions' damage. However, does the 'Trap and Mine Damage' support gem work with minions supported by 'Trap'?

On that same note, in this case where you are summoning minions with Trap, would frenzy charges on your character at the time of throwing the trap buff the minions' damage?

Minions were decoupled from trap/mine/totem damage long ago. So long as the damage type is specified, ie trap/mine, then it will not apply to minions as only the damage of the trap/mine is effected and the trap/mine is not dealing damage, it instead summons a minion that then deals its own damage. When a trap/mine is linked to a damaging spell or attack it applies because the trap/mine is the one casting/attacking and causing the damage, it just also happens to immediately be destroyed once doing so.
Totems work in all the same ways, though specifically say "less damage" instead of "less totem damage", which DOES apply to minions as the damage modifier is generic and effects any damage of the linked skill. This is intentional to lower minion damage as you are not the one having to cast them, saving you time (SRS and skeles would be pretty easy to build for otherwise).

As for frenzy charges, mark would have to clarify, but I'd say no. Player stats shouldn't apply to a minion even if it's summoned via trap/mine for the reason I explained above.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jun 13, 2016, 6:28:21 PM
working with the hypothermia cold support and elemental focus support gem on vortex.

i am using ice golem(if that even matters), and vortex is linked to elemental focus support however i am noticing that monsters that get hit by vortex still "appear" to be getting "chilled"

my question is are these monsters actually chilled? and will hypothermia support gem along with the elemental focus support work?

edit: im also using herald of ice
edit2: im now using arctic armour till this is sorted out
@BatmanVoll
Last edited by hq78 on Jun 15, 2016, 5:36:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info