Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Dradar wrote:
I noticed getting more strength doesn't increase the life of my zombies. Shouldn't they be gaining 1 life for every 2 strength. The Baron states they gain your strength, not the damage from your strength

They do, the tooltip just doesn't show it. It also wouldn't show, say, life bonus from shield if you use necro aegis.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hi fellow Grinding Gear Game developer

Just before Breach starts, ive ask to some devs how Dom blow mechanic worked with breach mobs, Qual told me that the "convertion" effect was somehow "disable". From that, i got 2 questions.

1)More hatred toward that skill than Feminists toward Donald trump

Why do you hate that skill so much? all we see as tweaks on it, for almost 2 years, are nerfs.

"
- 2.0: Dominating Blow: Minions deal 20% less damage at level 1, with the penalty reduced at each gem level. Each level grant 2% more minion damage, for 20% more damage at level 20.

- 2.1: Minions created by it now deal 35% less damage at all levels.

From 20%more( level 20) to -35%(all levels) thats somewhere like 50%less damage nerf! and not only that, it removed a part of the incentive to level them gem not having the damage scale per lvl.

And having its mechanic denied to endgame bosses and recent contents:

- Atziri

- shaper

- Izaro

All fights with non-Dominatable adds monsters or they die once add-phase is over.

And now breach monsters cannot be dominated

Every time this happens it's not "minions deal 35% less damage" it's in fact "minions deal 100% less damage and have 100%less life" since they are never generated

Not to mention that breach generate pretty much every kill related mechanics, from beyond to flask refill to granting souls
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.1)Short term fix:

Since Domblow is disabled on Breach monsters, have you considered granting(one of these):

- a damage bonus to Dom blow minions on breach monsters ?

- a reduced damage taken since the user cannot refresh its minions on these breach monsters?

- reducing Dom blow convertion rate from 100% to lower values like 5-10% chance to Dominate on kill?

2.2) The final cure:

If your hatred of Domblow is rooted in the fact that it generates a lot of stress on the servers, what if, instead of converting Monsters into minions, Dominating blow was Converting 1 monster of each kind and that monster feeds from the monsters you dominate. Lets call that monster/minion, a **Prime**.

ie: Kill an Avian retch, all the next Avian Retch you Dominate will be absorbed by this Prime Avian Retch . So instead of having 10 distinct Avian retch, you now have 1 Avian retch with the power of 10.

So lets say we have the Prime that does 1-10 damage and has 200 hp, then he absorbs a monster with 1-8dmg/100hp and a rare with 10-20dmg/300hp/extra life(dunno real % but lets say 30%)/Increased physical damage aura.

Then this Prime now has stats that goes like:

Damage: 12-38 base

life: 800hp(600*1.3)

mods: extra life (previously added) and Phys aura

then you can have 1 Prime Roah, 1 prime titty bitch,etc

Duration would still be how it works, all the absorbed monsters would be like Buffs on the Prime and buff disapear after a time, like Dom blow minions do.

The more absorbed monster(buffs) it has, the bigger it gets. This would just take the Souleater+Headhunter feeling we have with Dom blow and take it to its final and perfect form, a complete and polished skill.

this could fix Bloodline issues and the lag Dominating blow generates

Increased monster diversity could be way more interesting with such skill mechanic.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

What a truly fear is that you guys would have removed that skill a long time ago if it wasnt such a Signature and Unique mechanic skill. What i fear is that you guys gave up on that skill and manage to let it slowly die in the heart and mind of players.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

That being said, Sorry for the big text, i've tried to gather all the stuff i had on my heart about that skill for so long.

Thanks for reading, if you read lol

and if you come back to me on this, i hope that you enlighten me on the state of that skill

With this letter, i dont intend to speak on the behalf of other players but i fairly certain that a lot of people share my concerns about this awesome skill.

Thanks and have a nice day :)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Does the "14% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons" node on the Slayer ascendancy effect caustic arrows projectile or it's cloud?
"
ScottTheHuman wrote:
Does the "14% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons" node on the Slayer ascendancy effect caustic arrows projectile or it's cloud?

Just the projectile hit. "with Weapons" is always Attack Damage, which means it can't affect Damage over Time in the current game version.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 12, 2017, 8:38:23 PM
I was building my Slayer Edge of Madness character on Path of Building and noticed that if I use as AoE skill Cyclone + Poison + Rapid Decay the total dps from cyclone including the poison doesn't increase. In game there's nowhere to see the poison damage from Cyclone with this. So does the gem increase or not the poison damage there? Because if it doesn't I will just swap it with Faster Atks.
Can someone clarify if the Double Damage mod on "Collateral Damage" (Shrapnel Shot jewel) is a 100% increased or 100% more damage mod?
"
DarkenLord wrote:
I was building my Slayer Edge of Madness character on Path of Building and noticed that if I use as AoE skill Cyclone + Poison + Rapid Decay the total dps from cyclone including the poison doesn't increase. In game there's nowhere to see the poison damage from Cyclone with this. So does the gem increase or not the poison damage there? Because if it doesn't I will just swap it with Faster Atks.

Rapid Decay can currently only Support skills that are tagged with Duration.
Explanation.
As a general rule, if a support gem can't apply its penalty to what it knows an active Skill gem has, the whole Support gem doesn't work. For Rapid Decay this would mean, if the active skill gem is tagged with Duration, or if a different Support gem adds Duration to the skill effect. Currently, Poison doesn't add Duration, which I personally think is dumb, but you can kinda see how the logic goes (it affects the Chance to Poison stat rather than adding any duration per se). I'm fairly sure there is no Support gem in the game right now that can add duration to a skill that doesn't have it naturally.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
Can someone clarify if the Double Damage mod on "Collateral Damage" (Shrapnel Shot jewel) is a 100% increased or 100% more damage mod?

Double damage is 100% more.

(I'm about 80% certain there's been a dev post about this, but it was a while ago. I can track it down if you'd like).

"
adghar wrote:
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:

Double damage is 100% more.

(I'm about 80% certain there's been a dev post about this, but it was a while ago. I can track it down if you'd like).

Hmm, I wouldn't mind looking for it, do you remember which section of the forum it was in?
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:

Hmm, I wouldn't mind looking for it, do you remember which section of the forum it was in?

Nope, sorry :P

I'd assume it's in this one (Gameplay Help and Discussion), though General Discussion would be a good candidate too and Feedback and Suggestions is a remote possibility.

God help us if it was posted on Reddit instead of here, though...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info