Mechanical Questions Thread

"
enderxain wrote:
I'm trying to make Molten Shell (not Vaal Molten Shell) explode using Scold's Bridle. My Molten Shell says that it has to prevent a cumulative physical damage amount of 1508. I currently have Abyssal Cry costing me 516 mana (2064 physical damage should be taken from the 400% of mana cost from Scold's Bridle). Molten Shell gives me 6% physical damage reduction (that's all I have) which will reduce the damage taken to 1940. If I'm missing something, 400+ overage should be enough to cover (maybe). So basically, if I haven't missed anything, I can't explode Molten Shell with Scold's Bridle. Is this intended? Thank you for your time!

do you have more armour on other gears?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
ComradeSerge wrote:
I have two unrelated questions, hopefully someone can clarify. They might have been asked already, but I can't check all the 100+ pages of the thread.

1) I haven't played Righteous Fire for quite a while, last I played was back when only gems that affected its damage were conc effect and increased burning damage (and then you use inc. aoe for the usual 4-link). Since a bunch of new gems were introduced into the game since then that should affect RF dps, such as Rapid Decay or Elemental Focus, I was wondering if someone can tell me what support gems influence the skill now?

2) I'm interested how concentrated effect works with Sunder. Precisely, putting in conc effect for my Sunder gem doesn't seem to decrease the AoE of the initial line of dmg, although the tooltip DPS is increased. I was told only the AoE of the secondary "splash" damage is decreased by conc effect. Does that mean that only the "splash" damage is affected, but not the primary line/attack effect of Sunder?

Can I please get an answer to this :(
1H+Shield High Block&Spell Block Tank: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995
Ice Crash Crit Staff AKA "The Shaterring Karui": https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1289037
Tanky Block+AR+EV Ranger Crit Reave Dagger/Claw: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1301888
"
enderxain wrote:
Molten Shell gives me 6% physical damage reduction[..]

Armour's damage reduction is relative to the amount of Damage taken. How much Armour are you gaining?

"
ComradeSerge wrote:
Since a bunch of new gems were introduced into the game since then that should affect RF dps, such as Rapid Decay or Elemental Focus, I was wondering if someone can tell me what support gems influence the skill now?

Rapid Decay only links to Skills with a Duration. It works with RF if you turn it into a Totem.
Elemental Focus has no reason to work, but it does, so might as well use it.
Burning Damage is a fine support still.
Conc, Radius, and Rarity are the other supports to look at.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 26, 2016, 6:23:16 AM
"
The_x_ile wrote:
"
enderxain wrote:
I'm trying to make Molten Shell (not Vaal Molten Shell) explode using Scold's Bridle. My Molten Shell says that it has to prevent a cumulative physical damage amount of 1508. I currently have Abyssal Cry costing me 516 mana (2064 physical damage should be taken from the 400% of mana cost from Scold's Bridle). Molten Shell gives me 6% physical damage reduction (that's all I have) which will reduce the damage taken to 1940. If I'm missing something, 400+ overage should be enough to cover (maybe). So basically, if I haven't missed anything, I can't explode Molten Shell with Scold's Bridle. Is this intended? Thank you for your time!

do you have more armour on other gears?

The armor gained from molten shell is all that I have. It nets me 6% physical damage reduction and a 472 flat amount of armor
Last edited by enderxain on Sep 26, 2016, 10:20:42 PM
Last edited by Obumbro on Sep 29, 2016, 10:42:37 AM
Yesterday i get normal Dungeon map in zana daily and today i get Shaped Grotto map. Both maps I have shaped.

Should I stop geting normal Dungeon? (I didnt get any shaped yet)
How does a jewel with the mod " x% of Physical Attack damage leeched as health (or mana) "
work with a player who is using only Ancestral Warcheif (totems) for damage?
Don't know if it matters but I also have Ancestral Bond active (The keystone that gives an extra totem but says player cant deal damage himself)..

My question is would that leech effect only the totem, only the player, both, or neither?
Thank you tons!
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
"
How does a jewel with the mod " x% of Physical Attack damage leeched as health (or mana) " work with a player who is using only Ancestral Warcheif (totems) for damage?

Your Totems get the Leech.
Thanks viper!

Confused about Ancestral Warcheif totems again.
On the poe wiki, the article for generic totems says that totem range is not affected by increased aoe nodes, however in the ancestral warcheif article, a contradicting statement says that "Area of Effect: Modifiers to area radius affect both the range at which the totem strikes, as well as the radius of the attack."

Can anybody clarify this?
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
"
Thanks viper!

Confused about Ancestral Warcheif totems again.
On the poe wiki, the article for generic totems says that totem range is not affected by increased aoe nodes, however in the ancestral warcheif article, a contradicting statement says that "Area of Effect: Modifiers to area radius affect both the range at which the totem strikes, as well as the radius of the attack."

Can anybody clarify this?

This specific skill scales its range with AOE because of its AOE Tag in the skill descrition, with means increased area of effect increases the range where the totem hits and the size of the hit (AOE pattern of the skill) some goes for concentrated effect it shortens the range and the AOE pattern aswell.

Don't missunderstand the term:

Totem range

Totems have a range which determines how far they can "see" for the purposes of targeting enemies with attacks and spells. Totem range is not considered an area of effect, and will not be altered by AoE modifiers. There are no longer any ways to increase Totem range.

This means the Range where Totems start to trigger/get activated, the range where a mob has to stand to get attacked and the range you have to be near the totem to get it active. If you are too far away from a totem it gets inactive. And this can not be increased with Area of effect anymore.

edit:

the wording "Range" is confusing in this way. To clarify it furthermore, Warchief Totems have a sort of Melee range where they can hit or more reach the enemy its kinda like weapon range for melee skills. Those distance where the totem is able to hit can be modified with area of effect.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Sep 27, 2016, 2:48:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info