Mechanical Questions Thread

1. Yes; the initial Hit will be increased (thus making the Bleed stronger), and the Damage over Time will be increased again.

2. Yes. It's generic, untyped Damage Taken, which means it'll apply to both Hits and Damage over Time.
Similar to Abyssus, this will additionally 'double dip' on Poison and Ignite.
How Blasphemy Support mana cost works with 2 curses. Flat % or is it taking my curses mana cost and reserve it. Or something else.

I answered my stupid question myself...
Last edited by gring0bg on Sep 17, 2016, 2:36:47 PM
Righteous Fire confusing info all over the web.

Do spell dmg modifiers affect it and if so do you also take more dmg?

Does Increased Burning Support work and does it also make you burn for more?

Does Faster casting increase work and does it also increase the damage you take?

Could we possibly find some way to muddle the information of this gem even more?

I want to use Controlled Destruction, Increased Burning, and Elemental Focus... Will all of these gem affect Righteous Fire?
1. No. Damage over Time does not benefit from Spell Damage modifiers unless explicitly stated otherwise (example: Essence Drain, Vortex).
1.2. Self-inflicted Damage is not scaled by your Damage modifiers.

2. Yes.
2.2. Self-inflicted Damage is not scaled by your Damage modifiers.

3. Yes, for the one or two casts you'll be seeing during a map.
3.3. No. I have no idea how it could.

4. We definitely could. RF follows all the usual rules regarding Damage taken and dealt, so it's hardly muddled at all.

5. No.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 17, 2016, 7:32:34 PM
Regarding the Deadeye ascendancy node "Powerful Precision" and its third attribute "Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance". What I have read is that the term 'Arrow Pierce Chance' is effectively the same as projectile pierce chance. For instance, when a skill like Kinetic Blast has been augmented by skill tree pierce nodes and a linked pierce gem to have 100% pierce chance, those Kinetic Blast projectiles will receive the Powerful Precision bonus of increased critical strike chance, even though KB projectiles are not arrows. Okay, this much is clear.

My question is specifically in regards to Spectral Throw, which will inherently pierce all targets. Will it receive the bonus of increased critical strike chance from the Powerful Precision node, without augments to pierce chance from the tree or a linked pierce gem. As far as I can tell, the answer is no.

This example is using an ambusher dagger with 8.69 base crit chance and this skill tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAAHRAx4HHgdjDXwOSA5cES8RUBGWFUMV1xmKGo8bJR1PHaofQR_HIG4i9CSdKgsqOCsKK3gsnCymLL8s4S0fLYs0CjW5N2Y94kV-RnFHBkjuSVFJsUuuTLNQMFPPVmNd8l9qX7BiWmlOavpsC20Zb55wUnC7feN_xoMJhMWGronTjDaP-pDWkyeVLpcGm7WhIqEvokCnK6xmr-u0DLk-vorDOsSiykrK08u9z17QH9DQ037Xz9h22VvbXt-Y4YjpAuq67BjviO_r8NX0-Pba-Tf7CQ==

Looking on the character screen and spectral throw by itself (no linked support gems), the main hand critical strike chance is 26.07%, additionally there is no mention or numerical value for pierce chance.
Looking on the character screen and spectral throw linked to a pierce gem (no other support gems), the main hand critical strike chance is 30.42%, additionally at the bottom, projectile pierce chance is 50%.

That is the evidence I have suggesting there is no interaction between powerful precision and skills that, by themselves, will inherently pierce all targets. Reading throughout the forums this is not entirely clear. Some posts have suggested that in my example above, there is a benefit to taking powerful precision, but that this benefit is hidden and does not show anywhere in tooltip.

Any clarification would be much appreciated and my apologies if this specific question has already been addressed.
I would like to know how do projectiles work when you have 100% chance to pierce/chain/fork. Do they proc in a specific order or one of them cancel the others?
So back in 2.0 we had the following patch note:

"
Bonus unique monsters (such as Rogue Exiles) can not drop maps.

Now, the game has changed a lot since then and there are a lot of different bonus enemies that can spawn in maps through Zana mods, mapmods or prophecies, so I'd like an updated list of what specifically cannot drop maps.

More specifically, I'd like to know the following:

-Can beyond uniques drop maps? What about other beyond monsters? Is there a difference between beyond mobs from the map/league mod and from prophecies?

-Same for invasion packs and uniques.

-Can tormented spirits drop maps? Does the extra IIQ added to mobs touched by spirits also increase map drops?

-Can warbands from prophecies drop maps? What about maps where the boss if one or more warband members, can any/all of them drop maps other than the 20% chance for the last one (or last leader?) killed?

-Can any prophecy-spawned enemies in general drop maps? Is there a difference between unique enemies and others?
what im describing here is a bug or working as intendend?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Hello again,
I have another question about damage conversion

If i use "Doomfletch's Prism Royal Bow" and have all damage converted to fire, do i get "330% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra fire Damage"? or only 110% extra fire damage and rest goes lost?

Example:

Skill Lightning Arrow (50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage)

+

Call of the Brotherhood (50% of Lightning Damage Converted to Cold Damage)

+

Pyre Sapphire Ring (100% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage)

+

Avatar of Fire (50% of "all element and physical" Damage Converted to Fire Damage)

1° - If i do 100 base physical damage before all conversion, would I do 430 Fire Damage?

2° - If yes, if i use "Izaro's Turmoil Crimson Jewel" best roll (25% increased fire damage and 25% increased cold damage), would I do 585 Fire Damage?
Hey,
we just found an Essence of Delirium and would like to use it on a bow to get the "1000 chaos damage over time on hit" mod from it.
Does said mod scale with increases from the skill tree (increased chaos damage, increased damage over time)?
Also, do support gems influence the damage on hit, e.g. does greater multiple projectiles lower the damage on hit or slower projectiles increase it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info