What you DON'T like about PoE

Just found out about this game thanks to TotalBiscuit, and from what I noticed in his video you cannot zoom the camera in or out. Looking at the video it seems like it's zoomed in a bit too much. Other than that, I don't know yet as I haven't played the game. But I will be keeping an eye on it. Been waiting on an ARPG for a few years now that will be better than TQ ever was, and that game was/is awesome.
"What you DON'T like about PoE"

1) closed beta
2) not sure yet
"

1) closed beta
2) not sure yet

What he said - Hey its my first post in almost a year I have a message for the devs - If I don't get a beta key in 24 hours I will blow up all the nations major cities....Millions of lives are in your hands

WHAT WILL YOU DO.......IS A SIMPLE BETA KEY WORTH IT..... GIVE ME A KEY OR ELSE >.<
Last edited by bannik on Jan 22, 2012, 8:14:43 PM
"
bannik wrote:
"

1) closed beta
2) not sure yet

What he said - Hey its my first post in almost a year I have a message for the devs - If I don't get a beta key in 24 hours I will blow up all the nations major cities....Millions of lives are in your hands

WHAT WILL YOU DO.......IS A SIMPLE BETA KEY WORTH IT..... GIVE ME A KEY OR ELSE >.<

just do it! i dont want to die! lol

but on a serious note the inventory the inventory the inventory, it was a major problem in diablo 2 and this is the exact same thing, havent had a chance to play so that is really all i can say, other then that the game looks solid
Last edited by Daveyboytellem on Jan 22, 2012, 9:05:02 PM
most disliked:

- targetting with melee (but, ranged had some issues too)

- I understand that lootgrabbing is a real problem on multiplayer even its not relevant to me now [can someone explain me FFA?]

- stash & inventory size

most missed:

- an information about the effects on runspeed of the different items

- regal and exalted orbs ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Just of the top of my head.
Most of these issues are present on other games.

- Too much micromanagement detracts from the experience.
- Inventory tetris
- Lack of challenge. Needs more neural stimuli rather than bigger values under the hood.
- Not enough procedurally generated content. How many extra difficulty modes can you convince your players to replay the same content before its enough?
- Medieval economy model. No way efficient way to sell your items to other players and no efficient way to search/filter for items you potentially want from other players. No effective bridge system to automate generation/exchange of value through hundreds of items/currency.
- NPC vendors/products/services/prices are lacking big time. Another afterthought area of the game. Town areas are the worst Ive ever seen in any game.
- Currency system fails to deliver the intended effect from Beta Manifesto. No ways to bridge the lowest to the highest currency ultimately leads to the demise of the whole system. Currency doesnt work as currency, because most currency is not seen/acceptable as such. Most currency does not exchange hands and does not flow as such. Too much gamble dilutes the value of the few valuable currency. Its an afterthought. Detracts from the experience of getting rewarded instead of potentializing it.
- World is dead, and static.
- AI is braindead.
- Socialization is just a glorified chat room.

Things I like:
- Developers effectively communicate with the player base
- A lot of freedom for the player on how to kill stuff, how to itemize, how to build the character
- Dark setting done right for the first playthrough in single player.
- Has a lot of untapped potential
- Monetization philosophy
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on Jan 23, 2012, 8:11:26 AM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:

- I understand that lootgrabbing is a real problem on multiplayer even its not relevant to me now [can someone explain me FFA?]

FFA = free for all

My dislikes include:
tired repetitive difficulty level system
minimal content
no PvP implemented yet
desync issues
mob AI
ease of game/needs more challenge
grindy "endgame" placeholder content
"
aurisacra wrote:
FFA = free for all

ah, thanks.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Needs:
A. Stronger Bosses
B. Cleaner Interface (Tooltips especially)
C. Tutorials
D. There seems to be an issue with sounds, too many of them vying for dominance. When there are many monsters on screen I stop being able to hear anything as no sounds play for my abilities ( I think the game is trying to play the shuffling of all enemies as they move, but the engine is overwhelmed and won't play any sounds if overloaded).
E. I'd prefer slightly cleaner textures on the player characters, they are somewhat hard to differentiate from enemies, I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but I thought I'd note it.
F. Caster enemies might need a damage tweak, they seem to not hit very hard (at least at lower levels of the game).
G. Chat needs various buffs! (last used chat is not remembered upon pressing enter, I think this would be an improvement).
H. No friends list.
I. Group members should alpha out instead of disappearing when they zone away, a tooltip should be displayed with their location if you mouse-over the alpha'd ui element.

I love the races you guys host, never stop that!
PM me in forums if you need any help!
Malice's Newbie FaQ: http://tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Last edited by Sarganym on Jan 23, 2012, 12:18:51 PM
Things I dont like

- My character dont have pants

- Armors are ugly and rusty

- Currency System

- Towns are very bad especially act 2 town its very small

- Too less monster types

- AI

- No challange except sub bosses with elemental/psyhical reflect

- Single player game with chat room