[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

Would a clear of a Tier 10 map (Plateau) be a good enough showcase?

Edit: https://youtu.be/x2HAvqOBhsU (in case you want some type of video in the OP).

The video is at level 78 with 6 ascendancy points. 5L Reach, 5L Cospri's, non-corrupt Facebreakers, non-corrupt Drillneck. In my opinion this is about as baseline as seeing the build work as it gets, without having much more than the Reach and Cospri's in terms of gear. It's definitely functional, and it's definitely fast -- a very good build for your average schmuck like myself.
"Life is like the sea; tides and currents sometimes take a man to distant shores that he never dreamed existed."
Last edited by vaiur on Jun 15, 2016, 11:32:29 PM
"
vaiur wrote:

Edit: https://youtu.be/x2HAvqOBhsU (in case you want some type of video in the OP).

The video is at level 78 with 6 ascendancy points. 5L Reach, 5L Cospri's, non-corrupt Facebreakers, non-corrupt Drillneck. In my opinion this is about as baseline as seeing the build work as it gets, without having much more than the Reach and Cospri's in terms of gear. It's definitely functional, and it's definitely fast -- a very good build for your average schmuck like myself.

Thanks for the video, I just hit level 68 with this build so it's nice to see how it performs not too far down the road. Do you mind making your character page visible so we can check out your setup?
"
nv314961 wrote:
Thanks for the video, I just hit level 68 with this build so it's nice to see how it performs not too far down the road. Do you mind making your character page visible so we can check out your setup?

Done and done, friend. The gear is nothing amazing unfortunately, and I still have to move some points around in the tree (leech nodes under duelist need to be swapped out...), and I unfortunately haven't got a helmet with the crit chance enchantment yet either.
"Life is like the sea; tides and currents sometimes take a man to distant shores that he never dreamed existed."
Last edited by vaiur on Jun 15, 2016, 11:46:15 PM
"
vaiur wrote:
"
nv314961 wrote:

Done and done, friend. The gear is nothing amazing unfortunately, and I still have to move some points around in the tree (leech nodes under duelist need to be swapped out...), and I unfortunately haven't got a helmet with the crit chance enchantment yet either.
yeah man getting that enchant has been soo hard, im using blood rage 8% attack speed enchant atm, can't get the tornado shot one for shit..

i cleared a t13 today with vuln/-max res/shocked ground, really easy for the build with only 5k life
Seems like you've edited the OP at some point saying that poison would do 7,8x your initial damage per second. Could you please show your math for it, as I've gotten completely different numbers?
Baseline of poison is 10% of phys/chaos damage of initial hit per second in chaos damage, then we get 100% more from ascendancy and 29% more from both Pierce and Slower Projectiles. That makes the poison base damage 33.28% per second. Unfortunately PPAD doesn't double dip, as it's attack damage. You'd need 2244% increased damage applied to poison to make it 7,8x the initial hit per second like you claim. That is increased damage, projectile damage, chaos damage, poison damage and damage over time, not any other stats with TS or barrage.

How much increased damage for poison are we realistically getting? Level 92 skill tree has 76% chaos, 147% DoT, 70% poison, 96% projectile and 2 jewel sockets. So the skill tree gives us 389% increased damage for poison. That makes the poison damage 129.45% of initial impact per second.

I'm not sure if drillneck damage from pierce also works for poison damage, if it counts as "increased projectile damage" it will. In that case it would be 162.74% of initial impact damage per second.

Let's be optimistic and say you get 100% increased damage that applies to poison somewhere else, ie. gem quality and jewels I didn't yet include in calculations and random gear. That would still leave poison damage at a little below 2x the initial impact per second.

Of course we have some increased duration too, so our poison lasts 2.5 seconds or 3.1 seconds if we've killed a maimed enemy recently. But since you were talking about damage per second of poison, it should not be included.

Even with 100% more damage from ascendancy bows simply aren't the best appliers of poison, since we only get two times 29% more damage (66.4% more) from support gems. For example mines in comparison can get up to 1.49*1.39*1.59*1.44*1.39 = 559% more from their support gems. That's what leads people to mistakenly think that physical builds can easily do >10x the initial impact damage with poison, but it really isn't the case except with mines, traps and maybe earthquake which also gets many double dipping more multipliers thanks to duration and aoe tags.

edit: edited because my post seemed a bit passive aggressive which wasn't the intention, I'm just curious as I got different numbers. Also I forgot to mention gem quality.
Last edited by chinz on Jun 16, 2016, 2:34:08 AM
Hi
I just found your guide and read through it. It seems to me to be very similiar to my build and i also think this shit is completly broken, but i differ in some points.

I use snakebites and don't need more poison chance, so i can go for this skilltree http://goo.gl/zl6Udw instead of yours http://goo.gl/cch2cG. Snakebites have life and i get a lot more defense/offense out of the passive tree. Also i have 100% poison chance and poison will be the main damage source for me. Iron reflexes is interesting and i will consider it.

I don't like your faster attacks gem and would rather use ICM, rapid decay, void manipulation, ...
Also using pcoc(if necessary) and curse with vulnerability feels way superior to ics and assassins mark. You can even get a vulnerability curse on hit on your gloves if you are rich.

I don't like your hatred because it doesn't scale at all with your main damage. I use arctic armour. Yes hatred freezes enemies, but the important enemies don't get frozen.
Last edited by lophius on Jun 16, 2016, 5:22:08 AM
"
vaiur wrote:

thank's for the video! Will credit you for it! :D
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
chinz wrote:
Seems like you've edited the OP at some point saying that poison would do 7,8x your initial damage per second. Could you please show your math for it, as I've gotten completely different numbers?
Baseline of poison is 10% of phys/chaos damage of initial hit per second in chaos damage, then we get 100% more from ascendancy and 29% more from both Pierce and Slower Projectiles. That makes the poison base damage 33.28% per second. Unfortunately PPAD doesn't double dip, as it's attack damage. You'd need 2244% increased damage applied to poison to make it 7,8x the initial hit per second like you claim. That is increased damage, projectile damage, chaos damage, poison damage and damage over time, not any other stats with TS or barrage.

How much increased damage for poison are we realistically getting? Level 92 skill tree has 76% chaos, 147% DoT, 70% poison, 96% projectile and 2 jewel sockets. So the skill tree gives us 389% increased damage for poison. That makes the poison damage 129.45% of initial impact per second.

I'm not sure if drillneck damage from pierce also works for poison damage, if it counts as "increased projectile damage" it will. In that case it would be 162.74% of initial impact damage per second.

Let's be optimistic and say you get 100% increased damage that applies to poison somewhere else, ie. gem quality and jewels I didn't yet include in calculations and random gear. That would still leave poison damage at a little below 2x the initial impact per second.

Of course we have some increased duration too, so our poison lasts 2.5 seconds or 3.1 seconds if we've killed a maimed enemy recently. But since you were talking about damage per second of poison, it should not be included.

Even with 100% more damage from ascendancy bows simply aren't the best appliers of poison, since we only get two times 29% more damage (66.4% more) from support gems. For example mines in comparison can get up to 1.49*1.39*1.59*1.44*1.39 = 559% more from their support gems. That's what leads people to mistakenly think that physical builds can easily do >10x the initial impact damage with poison, but it really isn't the case except with mines, traps and maybe earthquake which also gets many double dipping more multipliers thanks to duration and aoe tags.

edit: edited because my post seemed a bit passive aggressive which wasn't the intention, I'm just curious as I got different numbers. Also I forgot to mention gem quality.

Maybe i fucked up, but i'll try to calculate again :D
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
lophius wrote:
Hi
I just found your guide and read through it. It seems to me to be very similiar to my build and i also think this shit is completly broken, but i differ in some points.

I use snakebites and don't need more poison chance, so i can go for this skilltree http://goo.gl/zl6Udw instead of yours http://goo.gl/cch2cG. Snakebites have life and i get a lot more defense/offense out of the passive tree. Also i have 100% poison chance and poison will be the main damage source for me. Iron reflexes is interesting and i will consider it.

I don't like your faster attacks gem and would rather use ICM, rapid decay, void manipulation, ...
Also using pcoc(if necessary) and curse with vulnerability feels way superior to ics and assassins mark. You can even get a vulnerability curse on hit on your gloves if you are rich.

I don't like your hatred because it doesn't scale at all with your main damage. I use arctic armour. Yes hatred freezes enemies, but the important enemies don't get frozen.

yes if you look at the gear section, i also say that vuln on hit gloves are the best for this build, as it will make our attacks poison all the time with Cospris :D
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
Maybe i fucked up, but i'll try to calculate again :D

It's also possible that I fucked up, there's so many variables involved that it's easy to forget something or count something that doesn't double dip twice. That's why I'd like to see your math, with more people reviewing it's easier to spot the mistakes. For example I already noticed I completely left out vulnerability on hit from my calculations, so my numbers should've been a little bigger.

Also other unrelated thing I just thought about is what do you think about "Cloth and Chain" node if using Iron Reflexes? With most builds (especially evasion based) those are kinda inefficient points but with IR +% Evasion and armour should give double effect, so essentially we'd get +15% allres and +72% armour from just two points. Given that we already have high base amount of evasion with grace, but relatively little +% eva/armour, it could be somewhat efficient. The extra resist could also open up a possibility of using some unique gear pieces without resists, in which case it'd probably become worth taking. However I'm not sure if there is such gear pieces that we'd want, we're already low on flat/base life so something like Rat's Nest is a little sketchy.
Last edited by chinz on Jun 16, 2016, 6:26:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info