Dear GGG: Uber Izaro & Endgame Labyrinth are too easy, needs major buffs

Usually GGG over does it in terms of difficulty, but this time they over did it the other way around.

Do you notice any whining this time around about how hard the endgame lab is? Pretty much silence... which means its too easy.

First, +2 more valuable Ascendancy pts to power creep your character to 'Super/Max' Ascendancy should be much more difficult and rewarding to obtain than pts 1-6.

Second, the level of the labyrinth should be 80, there aren't enough mob packs in there that makes it as tough as a typical yellow 75 map. The traps really aren't that much difficult or different, the new sentinels are cheese and real easy to destroy. Running endgame lab for a character assumes it should have 6 Asc pts, so it is already very strong and able to finish endgame lab with ease.

Third, by now most players are used to running the lab, fighting Izaro and dealing with traps, so the endgame lab needs much more difficult layouts than what it is atm, which is pretty much the same as normal labs.

Increase Izaro damage, increase level of the lab map, and increase trap damage. At this current state, a character with 6 pts running endgame is breezing through it which defeats the purpose of it 'suppose to take a while to finish and achieve' (paraphrasing GGG).
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Jun 5, 2016, 5:27:03 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2016, 10:00:36 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I disagree. I think they have a nice balance now.

You base your judgment on today's layout which is a super easy layout.

They have to be careful with Izaro damage and hp: it already increase if you do key fights and it also increase (at least hp) with more than 1 party member.

Increasing its base damage would mean he could 1 shot anyone in a party of 2-3 people tryin for 3 key izaro (hardest fight).

Now the caches drops maps, cards, fragments which is nice.
I also assume you are not using a single legacy item in it.

I have yet to fight him in Prophecy, but my expectations is that he isn't that much harder than a similarly leveled map boss, just that you have to fight him 3 times and might get the conduit battle. He is no Atziri, more some kind of extented story boss.

The reason why the area is 75 is to make it more accessable. Lvl80 maps are really rare and the lab is still a place intented to farm for enchants and the outcome isn't reliable enough for any more rarity.

Merciless Izaro also was always fine (they didn't nerf him either), it was mostly normal that was too strong and since they changed cruel as well I assume that a lot of people overleveled the cruel labyrinth as well.
Only no lifers have completed the trials. Of course it's easy for this category of players. The whole game is.

Reports are 20+ hours of mapping if trying to get all the trials solo. If we're looking at a more "healthy" gaming hobby of 2 hours/day, you won't see complaints about difficulty until at least 10 days. Probably longer, because the typical player will be less efficient at running maps than the no lifer.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Its silent because most of us haven't even been in yet!!! I have run 75 maps since this went live and ive only got 3 trials done! How did this elude you OP?!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Jun 5, 2016, 6:49:35 PM
Endgame Izaro should have less (yes you read that right) damage than merc Izaro, but considerably increased attack speed, movespeed, and cooldown recovery. Make it hard for every build, and not just a gear check.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Endgame Izaro should have less (yes you read that right) damage than merc Izaro, but considerably increased attack speed, movespeed, and cooldown recovery. Make it hard for every build, and not just a gear check.

Agree. Being instakilled with an eva/dodge 5k hp char is not fun.
Currently the safest way to kill uber Izaro is to insta kill him with traps.
Insta kill vs insta kill... not fun.

I think they should
-Decrease Izaro damage
-Buff Izaro cooldowns (more dash, jumps...)
-Buff Izaro hp (or find a way to prevent instakill)

Now this is amusing do you think everyone is ''good'' as you? 100% sure they will cry that it's still hard the only reason why they haven't is because most haven't even touched it.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Usually GGG over does it in terms of difficulty, but this time they over did it the other way around.

Do you notice any whining this time around about how hard the endgame lab is? Pretty much silence... which means its too easy.

First, +2 more valuable Ascendancy pts to power creep your character to 'Super/Max' Ascendancy should be much more difficult and rewarding to obtain than pts 1-6.

Second, the level of the labyrinth should be 80, there aren't enough mob packs in there that makes it as tough as a typical yellow 75 map. The traps really aren't that much difficult or different, the new sentinels are cheese and real easy to destroy. Running endgame lab for a character assumes it should have 6 Asc pts, so it is already very strong and able to finish endgame lab with ease.

Third, by now most players are used to running the lab, fighting Izaro and dealing with traps, so the endgame lab needs much more difficult layouts than what it is atm, which is pretty much the same as normal labs.

Increase Izaro damage, increase level of the lab map, and increase trap damage. At this current state, a character with 6 pts running endgame is breezing through it which defeats the purpose of it 'suppose to take a while to finish and achieve' (paraphrasing GGG).

I must bow down to your l33tness.....
uber lab is - just like any lab - easy for people who know what they are doing. traps are trivial, mobs are there to refill the flasks

however it is played on many, many levels. completing it is just the beginning. you are to farm it - farm it efficiently. this means min(time spent) max(number of keys). and this is a whole other story.

the Izaro himself is rather fair fight - without buffs.

but let him get charges and idols and try to say that he is easy with straight face. he isnt. he is damn scary then. maybe he does less damage than Uber Atziri but he is mobile and the fight is far more dynamic. his smash with 3 added elements and charges most probably exceeds 15k damage in one swing + the usual physical hit that alone can maul some characters

I think that the balance is PERFECT for this fight. Ive killed him with 2h GLACIAL HAMMER character. GLACIAL HAMMER. it is as non-FOTM as humanly possible. and I still managed to kill him in a 4 key run. but ive also died twice - both were my mistakes. lack of patience kills in this fight.

if one wants challenge - pick the Vulnerability darkshrine.. i dare you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info