[2.3] Ancestral Chieftain - Triple Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker 150K+DPS

Thanks for the quick reply I think I may do BoR as a budget version of this build but still level with the quiver, also on the note of shields there are nodes that add resist when a shield is equipped like sanctuary adds i think 28 to all resist as well as 3% block chance which for one item slot i think may make it better than armor not counting the ability to block
Last edited by PathOfExLie on Jun 8, 2016, 8:09:21 PM
think the Shield wielding Warchief is better for the Hierophant since they can get 2 totems already. Chieftain can benefit more from Skirmish so they can get 3 Totems
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
What do you think about the new voidheart ring, you lose some flat phys and it will be harder to cap res but free bleed and posion sounds nice
Last edited by Ferum1995 on Jun 9, 2016, 1:46:26 AM
"
Ferum1995 wrote:
What do you think about the new voidheart ring, you lose some flat phys and it will be harder to cap res but free bleed and posion sounds nice

I was looking into that, yeah. Posion and Bleed on hit is fantastic, though I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get resists without help from the ring.

Only having four pieces of gear to get the resists you need sounds pretty tricky. If you can pull it off I'd definitely suggest trying it out. Poison by itself is a great damage buff and scales with AoE and Totem damage modifiers so it's netting at least 30% more dps as chaos.

Not sure how much damage you'd lose off the ring either. Worth trying, but I'm usnure exactly how it would play out.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Hey :),

I'm playing your build and it's a lot of fun.

I managed to get Tabula Rasa and right now im level 37 what skill gems are you suggesting for a 6 link?

Right now I'm using Faster Attacks-Warchief-Melee Phys Support-Added Fire damage-Concentrated Effect-Poison.

Thank you :)

Oh and what items do you suggest for level ~40?
"
nds2 wrote:
Hey :),

I'm playing your build and it's a lot of fun.

I managed to get Tabula Rasa and right now im level 37 what skill gems are you suggesting for a 6 link?

Right now I'm using Faster Attacks-Warchief-Melee Phys Support-Added Fire damage-Concentrated Effect-Poison.

Thank you :)

Oh and what items do you suggest for level ~40?

I'm currently running a 5L and using the links listed in the build description, with the exception of Poison instead of Faster Attacks.

I'm using blood magic support gem for the sake of being able to re-cast the skill as fast as possible without having to rely on Mana, as I'm in endgame areas where my totems die just a bit too quickly.

As for what items to use by level 40. Once you get past 19, it's basically just upgrades to your gear to keep your resist and damage in line. Better rings, amulet, boots, helmet, up until you hit lvl 60.

When you hit 60 you'll be equipping Abyssus and you'll need to make sure to update your rings, amulet, and boots to keep up your resists.

If you're doing all right at 40, you should be fine until 60, as the gem leveling should keep damage progressing enough that your damage doesn't fall behind.
Hey, I started this build after looking around for Warchief Totem build ideas. This is a very fun, effective and safe build that manages not to be too expensive. I'm currently level 81 in Hardcore Prophecy and want to share my thoughts.

Tree:
I do not see the value in putting a lot of points into travelling just to get a few points in the Duelist Tree. You do get some needed Dexterity, but I managed to fill Dexterity requirements through my gear. I also do not go over to the witch tree for the AoE radius and damage nodes, as Martial Artistry and Increased AoE give plenty. This allows me to get some extra Armour and Life nodes. As a bonus I reach the Totem Mastery node cluster right next to Blood Magic, giving some extra defenses and damage to my totems.
One more thing to note is that I go for two extra jewel sockets(bringing the total to four), as they can be grabbed for nearly no cost.
The main result of all of this is a smooth 230% life and 200% Armour(with Tawhoa).
Spoiler
This is a level 90(91?) tree that I am working towards.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGMm8xYLPfwTpXuzjM8XjPZIz2dfPxo-FCDyL3y47w4pLlBH8azkUVcNZ5vZYdIh85uuPq2N8kFoZcauz36CBwthxPY8LRDMdqzZfK9sr6dyqX31g1-DzP6HFHFo8hzOrKq3PnsgDjzwHytQWfP-CviTLKc6UqIADc0aOHIP8kXYvUrEvJ8Es_5UkFWUb2aeOuE1kvauGJH8S8BmJy9mVPrSWOWmV_6PtfIUTTwFRUcWb8MTTeMxnm6qcmzvfDLRJKrjalorZIRKyGxG6-426aPyBqAyCXyDmuAc3Pm9p5RFnY8aXl1TUtH9uX7GBA==

Gems:
The two differences I have with gem setups are the lack of Blood Magic and CWDT/Immortal Call. The immortal call setup isn't necessary for Softcore, but I chose to use it in Hardcore for obvious reasons.

In my opinion, Blood Magic is completely unnecessary. Throughout all of my leveling, and now even at endgame, I have not had many instances of running out of mana. I did have a mana potion while leveling for the few times I did encounter a problem, but at level 81 with a 6-Link, I do not need to run a mana potion at all. This is helped in part by the %life/mana regen nodes near the Templar and Witch tree.

My gem setup is Ancestral Warchief - Melee Physical Damage - Added Fire Damage - Less Duration - Faster Attacks - (6-Link)Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect

I simply switch between Inc AoE and Conc Effect based on if I'm killing a boss or just mob killing.

I have not tested Poison yet, and I'm not sure how it would change the playstyle/damage.

For my auras, I run Hatred and Herald of Ash, switch out Hatred for Vitality when I run the Labyrinth or endgame trials.

Gear:
This is my current gear at level 81 in PHC:
Spoiler

I do not have an Abyssus yet, and will only use one once I get higher armor on my boots and chest.
At the moment, I get 37.5k tooltip DpS per totem when using Conc Effect in my blue socket. With an Abyssus this would be massively increased.

Overall, this is an awesome build though; Good Job!
Thanks very much for the feedback, I enjoy reading what people to do push the general idea of the build into something of their own.

For me I went to duelist and witch areas for AoE because I like to hit everything, and Blood Magic is solely for ease of use. I like to spam my totems like crazy and I was running out of mana because I play very poorly lol.

I'm really surprised/impressed that you got to 81 already, you're about to pass me in SC!!!

For poison it's nice damage and probably better than Faster Attacks or Added Fire, by far, but it does clash heavily with Less Duration. I'd say, due to your socket colors, Faster Attacks is far more worthwhile.
just checked and skirmish is also dropping in standard so I'll definitely try out this build once i get Yama the Monkey or next league. :3

Nice to see people finding innovative ways on builds.

In terms of belts do you usually go for the %pdmg belt or the +str belt. also since we dont use any weapons or shields we're limited to flasks,phase run and l.warp for mobility?
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Hi, would bne great if you could do some progression steps in Skill Tree for the more casual players like me ;-)

I will try your build now with a fresh char.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info