Best build to stack IIR/IIQ?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the best build to stack increased item rarity / increased item quantity? I have a very geared EK/EB shadow that 1 shots entire rooms of mobs and tears apart maps really really fast while still being very tanky, but I still haven't found a single item that would sell for more than one exalt, and it's been pretty boring doing maps over and over and getting absolutely nothing

so what would be the best build to stack magic find without dying from a lack of survivability? I'm thinking summons but I'm afraid the kill speed / clear speed would be too slow, or totems but it might have the same problem

what about pulse spam?

I've never made a witch
IGN: Mindlapse or Mindlapse_W

BAD MANNER TRADERS TO AVOID: Naljen, CtRhino
i have 120% rarity find on my char..
as a consequence my setup tank wise dps wise is pretty crap so i have to be very carefull.
it's the way the game is designed i.e no risk no gain. can't have everything.
saying that, i pickup an average 4-8 rares per run with the odd unique.. soo its your choice
"
Mindlapse wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the best build to stack increased item rarity / increased item quantity? I have a very geared EK/EB shadow that 1 shots entire rooms of mobs and tears apart maps really really fast while still being very tanky, but I still haven't found a single item that would sell for more than one exalt, and it's been pretty boring doing maps over and over and getting absolutely nothing

so what would be the best build to stack magic find without dying from a lack of survivability? I'm thinking summons but I'm afraid the kill speed / clear speed would be too slow, or totems but it might have the same problem

what about pulse spam?

I've never made a witch

You can make a 'Money Shot' skill to try it out. Link IIR and IIQ gems to a skill you switch to to finish off bosses and rare mobs to get the bonus.
Best Way ? Play Ice Spear Dual Totem Witch. Why ? Not Gear dependent at all.

Get 2 x Anvarius Rings (+~66 % Rarity each)
Get Quantity or Hard Maps without Mana / HP Regen - stats.

Example that i am using right now :
Last edited by TheOppan on February 19, 2013 1:11 PM
Dont click link above and enter your login info!! Its hack attempt.

Seems edited now but when you click it it goes to: pathofexil.com.nu or smth like that and asks for you login/pass.
Other posts of this poster have similar links too - now all edited i think.
Last edited by Kabraxis on February 19, 2013 1:17 PM
I'm running this build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C4wdjDY0QlxFQFLAVUBpsHNwdFB8CJwsnqSqYKrosnDbFOVI6MDvhPV9EBEZxSOdJG0myTblObVJTVa5XK1gHWpFfKmqsa9ttGXNTdFV4unzOfRh-WX_GgseFYIdliECPRpAzkyeVIJeVl_SboZwtna6fe6KjpqynCKh9qsSsmK-3tAy71rw3v5fAVMHzyT3MvNDQ0_vYJNkL2t3mgevk7IryHvfX-oD60vsJ

This is pure summoner. Firestorm linked with iir/iiq is used to finish yellows / bosses.
From gear I have IIR = 170+ and IIQ = 70+. This is 3-4 rares from map boss.
And if finished with firestorm - IIR comes to 220 and IIQ to 110.
And I do not have andvariuses yet.
Drops should be insane once I get them (I will have about 300+ IIR, possible max one could get).

Map clearing is slow but steady, the most anoying is elemental damage reflect and chaos damage. However, I hope things will change as soon as I get better gear and switch to AB.

This one item is build enabling:

I use blood magic support with auras to get me to 32% life constantly and I run 6 auras at a time.

Well, the build itself is not gear depended at all. Wear anything you want.
I especially picked +str/dex passive nodes to be able to wear for example this helm:

I wear all items that raise my IIR or IIQ (and, I think the optimal rate is about 1:2 IIR / IIQ). You want to keep them as close as possible, cause 100 IIR and 10 IIQ is less worthy loot than 60 IIR and 40 IIQ.

Next step is to move to AB i think, so I can drop some damage nodes and up survivability / mana / auras a lot. And meanwhile looking for good 5-6L chest to support ice spear totem + IIR + IIQ + cold penetration (I plan to use totem only as good finisher so I can concentrate on curses / resummons) to up my damage a lot.

So far I'm happy with farming capabilities of this witch.

As an example: clearing solo docs 100% clog inventory with rares.
You will not be able to clear any map w/o going back to town to stock rares.
IGN: Sociopathy
Last edited by Blasphemous_Crossbreed on February 19, 2013 3:16 PM
@Blasphemous

can you tell me or PM me or whisper me ingame your IGN so I can ask you some more questions? I think I want to make a summoner due to lack of need for gear and ability to use low life IIR but I am wondering how I could try a summons + ice spear totems instead of your firestorm (if that is even possible / effective) because.. well I really don't like firestorm

IGN: Sociopathy.

Ice spears will work I think, but you will need GMP / LMP attached to them most probably.
I like firestorm cause it have nice damage and it is AOE.

I got culling strike now, so finishing mobs with firestorm almost always thus linked IIR / IIQ gems work now more often, even in pubs. Also upgraded one ring, now 190 IIR 70 IIQ (still in desperate need of andvariuses, lol)

Also you really want you totem to be linked with summon skeletons.
Thus, you will have to go Ancestral Bond if you want Ice Spears (I'm heading this direction now on my passive tree).
Last edited by Blasphemous_Crossbreed on February 20, 2013 7:28 AM
I'm just afraid that ice spear totem won't do enough damage to make it worth it since I am barely taking any cold/spell damage nodes

or that the freeze-shattering will make me starved for corpses

Last edited by Mindlapse on February 20, 2013 7:47 AM
Well, my current zombies (do not supported by any minion life/damage) are last for 2-3 packs on maps. So I think you will not be starved for corpses.

And Spectre + LMP + GMP is mind blowing.
Especially if this is some fireball throwing mob or dogs from docks ;)

You can also go ARC. This will net more added damage from minions after all (3 shocks rule).
And still decent AOE / finisher.

As for not enough damage - most damage are from MI from skeletons (at least in my case).
So you should not be much worried about taking damage nodes.
This character are not intended for speed farm, this is more steady/reliable farm approach.

It probably took 1.5x - 2x more time to clear a map than damage dealing toons, but still worth it because of increadible high drop rate.
Last edited by Blasphemous_Crossbreed on February 20, 2013 9:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info