2H Sword Crit Lacerate project by fiqst

VIDEO: ~2min Gorge

A 2H sword crit build using the new skill Lacerate.

The aim was to utilise various AoE modifiers to extend the length of Lacerate to as close to the edge of the screen as possible, the results of this aim produces an AoE melee attack that extends even further than max-stacks Reave:

Spoiler

Items

Acuity is used but unnecessary. The 8th Ascendancy point is for Brutal Fervour and it's strong leech qualities.

I wanted to curse enemies both close and offscreen, hence the HoT-HoI-CoH-AM setup.

I also wanted to use the newly buffed Elemental Proliferation gem (radius going up from 12 to 16) together with HoA and boosted with the increased AoE from Headsman and CJ to damage enemies even further away. This improves clearspeed slightly over hatred.

Carcass Jack is used for the AoE performance.

Stats

Conclusion:

Lacerate is a great skill that offers a similar playstyle to Reave but usable with 2h swords and axes.

The range you can get with the combination the Headsman node, the increased AoE gem and Carcass Jack extends beyond that of an 8 stack Reave.

When swapping Increased AoE with Concentrated effect, the damage is not only immense, but the range still covers 60% of the screen and is still usable as a defensive tool, unlike Reave.

This build is still a work in progress to find the best way to use Lacerate, so input is welcome.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jun 6, 2016, 10:05:27 AM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2016, 10:04:08 AM
Looks awesome, I wanted to try something similar with berserker on HC.

Is hit chance a problem at all? Do you like bleed over poison or is it preference?
"
hawake11 wrote:
Looks awesome, I wanted to try something similar with berserker on HC.

Is hit chance a problem at all? Do you like bleed over poison or is it preference?

Hit chance is important just like other crit builds, so the best solution is still packing as much accuracy as possible in your jewellery.

I don't take any accuracy nodes and i get 89% hit chance, which is reasonable.

The bleed is a remnant of a previous build when i made use of the Gladiator class, it's not essential in this build.

Given the choice of poison/bleed, i like bleed better since you hit a mob at long distance causing significant damage as they approach you.

As for hardcore, when i equip a kaom's heart, i have 6k life. So you can try that also.
Is this build works fine with only 5 or 4 links setup? In that case what gem setup do you suggest?
Awesome build.

You Sir just assure me that it is worth to do a build with this skill. Your run looks freakin good.
Thank you for a great guide, I will now attempt to make my own build (I want to try dual wield).

I was thinking of dual wield axes (wings of entrophy - just cause everyone hates them):
I like the mechanic of it beeing dual wield and 2 hand at the same:
So here is the tree I was thinking about:

Maybe you could look into it at let me know what you think, as you clearly have experience with this skill, while I dont :)

Cheers
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 6, 2016, 4:24:16 AM
Hey Fiqst,
Do you think dual wield is viable? if yes, then how would the tree look like if going for dual wield, for example - axes?
"
yodaHUN wrote:
Is this build works fine with only 5 or 4 links setup? In that case what gem setup do you suggest?

Hi dude,
I know its not my build, but with a 5l i would drop faster attacks for 5L. But thats me, so..
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Hey,

so i've decided to drop my Gladiator and try out Slayer.

After some thoughts and tries and dozens of regrets i managed to get it worked.
Our talk today gave me some ideas.

Here's my Equipment:

Spoiler

Can't really switch anything because of the resists. Had to roll some tricky jewels to get my resists >100%

Skill tree:

My DPS is at about 100k with inreased AOE. Shoots up to about 180k or more with conc effect. 5.9k life as it is right now.
(Unbuffed) i'm sitting on 60% crit and ~510% multi. Which leads to my only problem.

Clear speed is awesome until i meet reflect. Even with the reduced reflect damage passive i manage to kill myself.
Never really played a crit build so maybe you got some ideas there. Thought that the passive + coil would be enough. Maybe Abyssus is overkill?

I also went for Vitality Void and took the 0.4% Life and Mana leech node, which seems to be enough to sustain my mana.

Great build and i'll post some experience once i got more into it. :)
Still experimenting with physical reflect
Last edited by SSJ3_Goku on Jun 7, 2016, 2:22:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info