Remove "support" from gem names - this hurts readability

Why not Support: Minion Life instead of Minion Life Support?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Support gems were already immediately recognizable because active gems all have the same elongated diagonal base shape, while support gems don't and instead use circles. And supports would already appear when searching for "support." I don't mind the extra text, but I don't get it.

Really if you wanted to help new players here it'd be better to tweak Cold to Fire, Phys to Lighting, and Trap and Mine Damage graphics, as two-tone gems cause genuine confusion with socketing - clearer to show dual stat reqs with a distinct inset colored dot, stripe, etc.
+2
But just think of all of the noobs who were quitting because they can't read the 'support' under the gem's name!
I agree.

However, seeing "Melee Damage on Full Life Support" did get a chuckle out of me. Almost too good to be accidental.
delete this post, game is fine i like the new system, get out of here troll
Yeah, I agree, it's redundant.

It's ugly. And it hurts readability.

The tag system already has the support keyword. There should be prompts/tutorials to teach new players about the tag system. As well as the gem system in general because I've seen new players who didn't even know you had to put the gem in a socket and equip the item to use the skill. (I've seen players holding the gem on their mouse cursor, trying to hit monsters with it (and dropping it)).

If they're having problems understanding the skill/tag system, putting support in the gem name doesn't really help them. You should add a training mode for new players, with voice/text instructions, that literally walks them through the beginning (like a guided/narrated tour).

If the game had offline mode/mod support, I would have modded a tutorial myself.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Completely agree, "support" wasn't necessary. It looks like shit and I highly doubt this community needs it's hand held that tightly. Three years we've managed to differentiate support gems so why is this a thing now?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
+1
Biggest nonsense and looks just plain stupid.
If anything the names should be shorter, not longer. The only bad thing in otherwise excellent expansion.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info