Remove "support" from gem names - this hurts readability

Now its harder to find right gem at vendor or stash while hovering and reading names - "support" addition at end of gem name distracts and sounds stupid when you read it, for example: "melee damage on full life support"

Gem name shall contain only name, not gem type. Also support gems already have tag "support".

If you wanted to make them more understandable for new players, you should add short description to supports, like active gems have. "support" in gem name doesn't help to explain how gem may affect active skill gem.

i imagine newbie looking at gem "Life Gain on Hit Support" and asking in global "how can i hit support?"
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
Last edited by Dissolator on Jun 4, 2016, 10:05:01 AM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 6:52:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yup pretty much what you said, also it looks awfull in the field and in shops its a bitch to quikly find something cause everything is called support horrible just horrible.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
I'll second this. It would make more sense to describe it in the tooltip if you need to rather than attach support to the end of all the support gem names, some which are long enough already!
GGG, please revert the change.

Sincerely,
literally everyone
Explosive arrow attack
Reave attack
Spectral throw attack
Discharge spell
Bladefall spell
Summon raging spirits spell
Fireball spell

this is just as stupid as naming every support gem "- support"
| I made this |
The best way for me is smth like a checkbox in UI settings for that. Cause sometimes it looks helpfull for me. But titles like "Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support" makes me sad =(
I'm all for helping out newer players and getting information conveyed to the playerbase, but this change really wasn't needed. Support gems already have plenty of accompanying text to them that explain what they do, and if people can't take a few seconds to read and digest it, then adding 'support' to the title of gem isn't going to help.
+1 please GGG
+1, it reads more clunky and doesn't provide any more information. Please reconsider. Of course they won't because their pride and we'll be stuck with this unfortunate change until the servers shutdown but hey here's to hope!

If anything they should have done something like - Support Gem: Added Fire Damage, Spell Gem: Firestorm, Aura Gem: Aura of Redundancy.
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info