2.3.0b Patch Notes

Last edited by mk7736 on May 22, 2023, 10:08:56 PM
"
cuakman wrote:
Vortex DOT doesn't work with cold pen, is that intended or a bug?

To answer your question: DoT's NEVER gain the benefit of Penetration. Only HITS can penetrate. If you want to get through some cold def, consider using a curse + Frostbomb's resistance reduction.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.3.0b
  • Disabled background preloading on Windows XP to restore compatability with that fifteen-year-old operating system.

Hey look, a three-and-a-half-year-old game that dislikes being compatible. Minimum of XP SP3 (released in 2008) is now actually required to play this, thanks for that.
BTW, didn't you promised an asynchronous asset loading feature? All I can see is a simple pre-loading/pre-fetching. Works marginally better than before, the game still waits for assets to load before continue (processing inputs), it just loads them earlier (be running away from mobs, game waits for assets to load because I'm approaching an area with new content, when game finishes loading stuff I'm dead because my character didn't move).

I still hope all the issues can be fixed (the audio issue has the most simple "fix" ever, default reverb off), good luck to you and all of us in this new league.
Kreygasm
hey bro when i want to open the game itself crash....

i want to play
Bad news before I try once again to end the whole XP issue.

I disabled reverb, haven't had it on since the 3rd sound crash (2 at Firefury), it just happened in the crematorium with reverb disabled, so I guess that's not the real problem. Sorry I couldn't help.

Now, on to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle. That's 2 years ago that a 15yo OS ended support, after I started playing and easily after this game was out of beta. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHEN IT CAME OUT, just when it stopped being supported. The complaint was a bit harsh, but the rest of you need to squeeze your cheeks and keep the shit out of patch notes.
Some is not OK with engame labyrinth.

First i played 6 hours for 6 keys, becouse they cant be shared in public games - must found alone in own game. If that is way - then they must be not so rare i think.
Then i lose 2 keys in crashes when i was in Lab. One crash was just when entering, so even didnt see what inside. Two hours play go to wind.
Then i die one hit in last boss / im tanky build 94 / and that is strange for me. One more hour play go to wind.

So i just give up, becouse found that i just lose my time.
Disabled background preloading on Windows XP to restore compatability with that fifteen-year-old operating system.

I'd says that's got to sting a little, but anyone using XP is immune to that sort of thing. :)
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.3.0b
  • Disabled background preloading on Windows XP to restore compatability with that fifteen-year-old operating system.

The passive aggressiveness is delicious.

I did not laugh.
Blaming Win XP for buggy developement is kinda low.

maybe I will be able to at least launch the game tommorrow... after 2 days since "great" patch.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
"
Moribundus wrote:
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 2.3.0b

The passive aggressiveness is delicious.

I did not laugh.
Blaming Win XP for buggy developement is kinda low.

maybe I will be able to at least launch the game tommorrow... after 2 days since "great" patch.

It's your own problem... Wanna know what is REALLY low? Blamming the dev team because you're stuck in the past and refuse to upgrade your OS.

NEWSFLASH! Games evolve with time, and so the need for a newer, better OS is mandatory.

But I think you are aware of this already... all you wanted was a reason to bash the update... what's next? Some random Win 98 hippies complaining that the game doesn't run on their PC? Please...
Last edited by eralduspr on Jun 4, 2016, 5:22:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info