[2.4 Video Guide] Inquisitor/Elementalist's Ice Nova SHATTER Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

Hi, im kinda new and im trying out this build... and it seems, that fire trap does nto work with cast when dmg taken... am i doing something wrong, or there has been some change in mechanics since the creation of this build?

Have it in link, both gems at lvl 1 and it simply does not cast and i can cast fire trap manually.
any ideas?
What about keeping everything the same as this build, but using shock nova instead of ice nova, and using call of the brotherhood? You'd still be getting crit shatters constantly, but then also shocking as well.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Call_of_the_Brotherhood
"
Kritix wrote:
Hi, im kinda new and im trying out this build... and it seems, that fire trap does nto work with cast when dmg taken... am i doing something wrong, or there has been some change in mechanics since the creation of this build?

Have it in link, both gems at lvl 1 and it simply does not cast and i can cast fire trap manually.
any ideas?

Traps don't work with trigger gems. The reason it's linked to the cwdt isn't so that it's automatically cast, it's because it doesn't need any other links. You're only using it to put the burning effect on the target because flame surge does 50% MORE (multiplicative bonus) damage against burning enemies, but it can't ignite enemies itself, so you're using the fire trap to put the status ailment on them.
"
Dreschau wrote:

Traps don't work with trigger gems. The reason it's linked to the cwdt isn't so that it's automatically cast, it's because it doesn't need any other links. You're only using it to put the burning effect on the target because flame surge does 50% MORE (multiplicative bonus) damage against burning enemies, but it can't ignite enemies itself, so you're using the fire trap to put the status ailment on them.

Thanks for explanation... feel kinda dumb right now :D
"
Kritix wrote:
Thanks for explanation... feel kinda dumb right now :D

Nah, no reason too. PoE is a complex game with a lot of game mechanics interactions that aren't immediately obvious and it doesn't hold your hand to explain it.
Hey All,

Great build guide Lifting, finally pushed into maps!! Coming a little stuck on where I can progress with my gear as getting scary to push maps further. I am currently pushing tier 4-5's but still feel I take a fair bit of damage. Any pointers on gear would help as feel this is holding me back.

Also do I focus more on Armour or Evasion after ES as I noticed Lifting's gear is mixture of evasion/armour with ES on Chest/Helm/Shield

Current Gear:

Hey guys i love this build but i was wondering why using Herald of ice, Summon stone golem and Fire trap with Cast when damage taken since none of the 3 triggers the support CWDT. Maybe Am i missing something ?

I would replace this CWDT with our Vaal discpline using Green / Green / Red / Blue instead of 2 green / 2 reds on gauntlets
And replace the vaal discpline used on boots with another gem trigerred by CWDT and using inc duration next to immortal call

I'm pretty new in this game excuse me if my question is silly haha :D
"
pilou88 wrote:
Hey guys i love this build but i was wondering why using Herald of ice, Summon stone golem and Fire trap with Cast when damage taken since none of the 3 triggers the support CWDT. Maybe Am i missing something ?

CWDT does trigger Stone Golem and FT is simply there because it doesn't need any support gems. The question is why we need CWDT for the Stone Golem only and why we don't summon it manually. My guess is that it's a "slot thing":
As far as I know, CWDT triggers if you have at least one of the linked gems placed and activated in your slot bar. This would be HoI which is always active and allows us to remove the Stone Golem from the skills bar and create necessary space for another skill. The Stone Golem will still be cast by CWDT.
Last edited by Shackles on Sep 29, 2016, 4:25:54 AM
Ok thx for your answer :)
Hey man!!

Doing your build now and im currently dual Reverberation Rod Spiraled Wand wielding. Is there any reason to not dual Divinarius exept the fact that u get more ES with a shield... And do you think its viable to keep Freezing Pulse for end, and not switch for Flame Surge??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info