[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I was looking for a new build after ripping again in EHC and decided to give this a try last night. Hot up to about lvl 40 and am now leveling as CI with about 1200ES. Super fun and surprisingly tanky. Though I'm basically skecthed out almost 100% of the time. Still loving it. Thanks for the fantastic step by step guide. Cheers.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I was looking for a new build after ripping again in EHC and decided to give this a try last night. Hot up to about lvl 40 and am now leveling as CI with about 1200ES. Super fun and surprisingly tanky. Though I'm basically skecthed out almost 100% of the time. Still loving it. Thanks for the fantastic step by step guide. Cheers.

Similar experience as well in EHC with the stress of the build. Haave to be on your toes, because if you aren't casting and leeching, it's very easy to die.

Fun though, made it to 87 so far.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Similar experience as well in EHC with the stress of the build. Haave to be on your toes, because if you aren't casting and leeching, it's very easy to die.

Nice. I hope to make it to maps. Mind sharing your gear? Did you make any adjustments to the tree for more EHP?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I replaced Faith and Steel with Foresight and gained over 200 ES (total gain from F&S is like 300 ES, vs 500 from Foresight). Seems like a good tradeoff unless you're struggling with resists.
"
Rivx wrote:
I replaced Faith and Steel with Foresight and gained over 200 ES (total gain from F&S is like 300 ES, vs 500 from Foresight). Seems like a good tradeoff unless you're struggling with resists.

Faith and Steel is an option for when you are really struggling with resists. If your resists are fine then just go with Int nodes and take the next jewel 2 levels earlier. There is no reason to take Foresight at all IMO.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
not worth trading the chill/freeze protection of Auxium for.

Wrong. Auxium doesn't prevent you from getting chilled or frozen. You still need to keep a unfreeze flask. It's a worthless belt since the crystal belt is now added into the core game. The resists, insane ES, and other stats a rare belt offers far outweigh the Auxium and helps the build tremendously. Let it fucking go already.

While I agree that crystal belts are better along with the Int essence, it's wrong to say that Auxium does not prevent freeze. From the wiki: "If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied."

Auxium helps with this particularly if you have a very large ES pool, which sadly this build doesn't really get. But it still helps against smaller hits, since we have almost no increased health at all to avoid getting frozen by every single small cold damage hit.

In a league without essences, a perfectly rolled Crystal belt has a maximum of 131 Energy shield. A perfect auxium has 90 (which would be much less expensive, crystal belts are insanely expensive, on EHC you're looking at 40 chaos just to get an ilevel 84 for crafting)

So really what a crystal belt offers you outside of essence is slightly more flexibility with resistances. If someone is having trouble with resistances, I'm sure they can make the call themselves that they can be diligent and pre-emptive with flasks, and make the switch.

No need to be a jackass about it. There's a reason these are guides and not "rules for playing the build" Adapt it how you see fit.

I played with a crystal belt for quite a lot of hours by now. And the freeze problems seriously feels almost identical with the 2 belts. Once you get frozen or need to open a freeze box you pot a anti-freeze bottle anyway. There's litterally no change to my gameplay. Auxium is seriously only good because of the price.

You don't need a ilvl 84 for crafting. ilvl 74 is more than fine for a resistance slot that is an extra luxury. Getting a couple of resistances on a crystal belt can save you up to 4 passive points on the tree depending on the rest of your gear.

Point is there's no reason not to mention it as it is by no comparison the best item for the slot, unless you decided to refuse to play with flasks. While obviously there's no reason for the harsh words, it does honestly seem a bit stubborn. :)
So the int on crystal belt can only be crafted by essence right ?
IGN: TheRevolt
so what would you recommend for the best all around ascendancy set? Right now I'm Liege, Pendulum and Mastermind
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Nice. I hope to make it to maps. Mind sharing your gear? Did you make any adjustments to the tree for more EHP?

Should be able to see the character now on my profile. I haven't made many adjustments, really just haven't taken some good jewel nodes yet because I've been lazy about buying or crafting good rare ones.

I'm sitting at 7.7k ES. I'm a bit upset because I enchanted over my fingerless silk glove implicit because I forgot it had that interaction. Quite sure the 16% increased spell damage is better than any of the enchants. Oh well.

"
Thefatpunk wrote:

I played with a crystal belt for quite a lot of hours by now. And the freeze problems seriously feels almost identical with the 2 belts. Once you get frozen or need to open a freeze box you pot a anti-freeze bottle anyway. There's litterally no change to my gameplay. Auxium is seriously only good because of the price.

You don't need a ilvl 84 for crafting. ilvl 74 is more than fine for a resistance slot that is an extra luxury. Getting a couple of resistances on a crystal belt can save you up to 4 passive points on the tree depending on the rest of your gear.

Point is there's no reason not to mention it as it is by no comparison the best item for the slot, unless you decided to refuse to play with flasks. While obviously there's no reason for the harsh words, it does honestly seem a bit stubborn. :)

I agree that crystal belts are better 100% with the int essence, but I think it's arguable without it. I'd probably take the crystal over the auxium. Certainly worth mentioning the comparison. My qualm is with calling it a "worthless belt", because it absolutely has it's place.

As for the item level, I wouldn't want to be crafting on an ilvl 74 base, can't even get top ES roll that way, which is 80. If you're moving on from auxium, then I would assume you have enough budget to afford something much better. If you just need it for resists, you'd be better off buying a pre-crafted one, or fixing resists in other places.
"
Shiverwarp wrote:

I'm sitting at 7.7k ES. I'm a bit upset because I enchanted over my fingerless silk glove implicit because I forgot it had that interaction. Quite sure the 16% increased spell damage is better than any of the enchants. Oh well.

I didn't even notice until I read this.. damn.

16% Spell damage gone from my awesome gloves q_q

Is there no way to reverse enchantment?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info