[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

So i was thinking of starting out with this build, i have a few questions though if you don't mind.

Firstly, you seem very focused on curses yet you dont take any curse effectiveness from the tree, why? are they simply not worth it compared to getting more int?

secondly, how would an occultist perform in your opinion?

Thanks for the detailed guide, it is well written.
Anyone who is going to start with this build got a tree for Firestorm/Fireball or w.e else you could use to level up early ? I'm really bad in making my own builds ._.
Copy/pasted from my post in the scion thread.

For anyone interested in wanting to make this your first character this league, here's my way of leveling in HC. For those that like to level as soon as possible as the build that they're playing, this won't be for you, but it is one potential alternative if you are set on making this your first char.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627595/page/32/#p13363649

I posted this a little while back and is linked in the FAQ section. It's a twinked way of leveling, but the same skill tree still applies. You can use almost any skill like to level. For a new league I'd probably mule a Fire Trap from a shadow and then leveling with FT/Tendrils, then switch to Firestorm at lvl 12, then Bladefall at 28. Stats will be a little tricky w/o having an Astramentis to equip early on, but it's doable if you pick up the 30 str/30 dex nodes and don't mind using a few regrets.

Hope it helps ! I usually start new leagues playing a regular Firestorm build that has 240% life and 0 gear requirements to build a pile of currency and also new character twink gear for future characters, then make a second character for WI. Still my favorite build in the game, hopefully WIs will stay relatively cheap !
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
Last edited by Vyvanne on Sep 2, 2016, 11:50:09 AM
So what is everyone doing? Witch or Scion. I still cant decide :(
"
Koksii wrote:
So what is everyone doing? Witch or Scion. I still cant decide :(

Witch alll the way :D
"
ColeonePS wrote:
Looks like this is the build im gonna be going with as my league starter tomorrow. Ive done melee the last few and ended with a assreacher last year. Never give caster any love. Seems cheap enough and solid enough to get into endgame quick. Thanks for guide.

IF you can find WI relatively soon. You can get through the storyline content with Freezing Pulse, maybe grind some levels in the Lake/lower maps, but eventually you'll need WI. And Astra. So don't blame me if this league turns out to be a PITA when it comes to finding uniques. :)

"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
The only way to get WI when I get to lvl33 is through trading, right?

Pretty much. Unless you get lucky and it drops for you. Don't count on that.

"
Oyabug wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
No way. Curses will still be too important to drop.

Sorry, I was on my phone, I should've clarified. I was wondering if it would now be beneficial in certain situations to drop the third curse (TC or Enfeeble) and a Doedre's in order to run a Perandus due to the reduced curse effectiveness on bosses, but I suppose my question was answered!

So far just Uber Atziri (reflection) and the Plaza boss (immunity). I highly doubt they will use curse reflection again, but immunity may happen. So yeah, it's a good idea to have a Perandus Signet or a really good Int ring available for a swap. But it won't be required.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 2, 2016, 12:42:01 PM
"
dragonbite wrote:
So i was thinking of starting out with this build, i have a few questions though if you don't mind.

Firstly, you seem very focused on curses yet you dont take any curse effectiveness from the tree, why? are they simply not worth it compared to getting more int?

One of the high level options is the two curse effectiveness nodes at Whispers of Doom. We use 20q Blasphemy and CoH anyway. But other than that, Int is far more important than curse effectiveness.

"
secondly, how would an occultist perform in your opinion?

Poorly. :) There is an Occultist WI build, but I haven't seen it do anything harder than Palace. I think the ES super-regen won't be enough to handle the endgame.

"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
Anyone who is going to start with this build got a tree for Firestorm/Fireball or w.e else you could use to level up early ? I'm really bad in making my own builds ._.

There is no reason to use Firestorm or Fireball for this build. Just keep going with Freezing Pulse until you get WI. Freezing Pulse+LMP will take you very far while just leveling the gem and adding support.

BUT DON'T SWITCH TO CI WITHOUT WI!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 2, 2016, 12:59:17 PM
Ill try it out, if i cant get a WI at lvl 40 or so ill make a new character and playa save build like Essence Drain or Ancestral Warchief Totems etc

Last edited by Koksii on Sep 2, 2016, 2:39:44 PM
Anyone played the Elementalist and Guardian versions? I really can't decide which way to go. They both seem to have upsides/downsides comparatively and curious if anyone has a preference. Thanks.
IGN: Valisirin
Got a 4s whispering ice now

not sure if i should go CI now since i cant find a astramentis amulet yet so it would result in a stunfest i guess :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info