[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I have a 3% Perandus Signet ring but no addition curse amulet. Should i use the 3% Perandus Signet ring or Doedre's Damning ?

thx
"
I have a 3% Perandus Signet ring but no addition curse amulet. Should i use the 3% Perandus Signet ring or Doedre's Damning ?

thx

Use Doedre's. 3rd curse is better than a small DPS/ES bonus a Witch can get from Perandus. The only exception is Uber Atziri.
Very nice build, You've giving me a lot of ideas on how to make my current version of my own WI build a lot more tanky. leap slam fortify, cwdt coh (selfcast on bosses) and 2 extra curses.

Compared to what I had before I lose some 400 int but I gain 2 extra curses and a lot of utility to survive. Not to mention making the build 30x cheaper due to not needing skyforth and using mainly cheap uniques. (switching double legacy perandus ring to doedre's and 1 perandus ring. Switching bated breath to auxium but I might change this back and just use a flask and a rare belt - the new base look awesome, switching a rare helm to black sun crest, switching skyforth to rare boots and picking up unwavering.)

Specially your write-up about core malachai made me realise what I was doing wrong and why I couldn't do him when I attempted him, definitely helped me set in stone to do this build as first build next league and try to do all maps.

There are a few things I am still uncertain about though:
Leech on boot enchant + gem + warlords mark, is all of that really needed or is it just abusing the instant leech from vaal pact? I'm leaning towards just using avatar of fire + cold to fire gem instead.

I've tried this build with skyforth but I noticed things like core malachai tentacle spam or things like atziri spears stunning me quite often, how do you feel about unwavering stance vs skyforth / that new ES for stun ring? (putting 13k ES / effective life for stun calculation doesn't seem enough for things like malachai.)
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Aug 18, 2016, 6:49:01 AM
"
GilgameshNL wrote:
Very nice build, You've giving me a lot of ideas on how to make my current version of my own WI build a lot more tanky. leap slam fortify, cwdt coh (selfcast on bosses) and 2 extra curses.

Compared to what I had before I lose some 400 int but I gain 2 extra curses and a lot of utility to survive. Not to mention making the build 30x cheaper due to not needing skyforth and using mainly cheap uniques. (switching double legacy perandus ring to doedre's and 1 perandus ring. Switching bated breath to auxium but I might change this back and just use a flask and a rare belt - the new base look awesome, switching a rare helm to black sun crest, switching skyforth to rare boots and picking up unwavering.)

Specially your write-up about core malachai made me realise what I was doing wrong and why I couldn't do him when I attempted him, definitely helped me set in stone to do this build as first build next league and try to do all maps.

There are a few things I am still uncertain about though:
Leech on boot enchant + gem + warlords mark, is all of that really needed or is it just abusing the instant leech from vaal pact? I'm leaning towards just using avatar of fire + cold to fire gem instead.

I've tried this build with skyforth but I noticed things like core malachai tentacle spam or things like atziri spears stunning me quite often, how do you feel about unwavering stance vs skyforth / that new ES for stun ring? (putting 13k ES / effective life for stun calculation doesn't seem enough for things like malachai.)

Glad you like it! :)

The leech enchant on the boots is just an extra layer of protection that lets you do harder mod combos and even some that's not possible without it (like No Regen + Hexproof). But you cannot rely on it against bosses.

LL gem is not needed agaist trash in most maps, but we already have enough DPS to obliterate trash in any maps, so switching LL for another gem wouldn't change much. I switch it for IIQ in Standard for trash clearing in T14-15 maps. However, the LL gem is not optional against hard bosses and reflect. It's all about the instant leech with VP of course. Without it your playstyle would be entirely different (same as Firestorm) and a whole lot less fun.

AoF + CtF + Perandus was dropped in favor of Pyre + extra gem + 2 tree nodes in the Witch version of the build. Even with 3% legacy Perandus, the Witch doesn't get quite as much out of them as the Scion because she has lower base Int. But you can use the saved tree nodes to grab another jewel 2 levels earlier. And you can max resists much easier and cheaper with Pyre, which in turn allows you to use chest/gloves/boots with more ES/Int and less resists. For my Witch in Prophecy, the switch to Pyre was a solid upgrade.

Skyforth does not give you stun immunity, indeed. You still get stunned by Uber, or Core Malachai, or even Necropolis Merveil's steam geysers (albeit briefly). Combined with the sad lack of ES and resists on Skyforth and its price tag, I don't think it's a good match for this build. You save 5 tree nodes but then have to spend most of them grabbing resist/ES for just a little more overall power, but you lose the real stun immunity.

The new base belt in 2.4 looks awesome, but we'll need to find a new anti-freeze protection. There may be a crafted mod for that in the Essence league, but that's just one league.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 18, 2016, 4:37:27 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

AoF + CtF + Perandus was dropped in favor of Pyre + extra gem + 2 tree nodes in the Witch version of the build. Even with 3% legacy Perandus, the Witch doesn't get quite as much out of them as the Scion because she has lower base Int. But you can use the saved tree nodes to grab another jewel 2 levels earlier. And you can max resists much easier and cheaper with Pyre, which in turn allows you to use chest/gloves/boots with more ES/Int and less resists. For my Witch in Prophecy, the switch to Pyre was a solid upgrade.

I agree, pyre is a solid option and enables life leech gem, I can definitely see the profit of having it vs hard bosses but my issues is that I was considering using the new ring Valyrium in order to drop unwavering stance (13'ish points) and doedre's damning.

I see you drop temp chains on uber atziri and change damning to perandus ring but what do you think about changing temp chains and doedre's damning to pyre ring and slotting in a life leech gem, keeping the avatar of fire and full fire conversion but allowing more leech on tough fights since you'd arc or orb of storms your curses (Wm & enfeeble).

I mean temp chains is a nice thing to have vs core malachai.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Aug 19, 2016, 3:26:01 AM
"
GilgameshNL wrote:
I was considering using the new ring Valyrium in order to drop unwavering stance (13'ish points) and doedre's damning.

US costs only 5 points, not 13. Everything else on the way to it is converted to Int, plus that branch connects Diamond Skin, jewel socket and Ancestral Knowledge - which, combined with 2 of the wasted Str nodes, is the same as 3 regular Int nodes, so then the pure loss is just 3 nodes. Most of our tree is Int nodes, doesn't matter where they are. But if you don't travel down that way, you'll need to find resists somewhere, like Nullification and/or Faith and Steel, Kraityn, Lightning Walker - and that will cost those same 3 nodes. The only way to benefit from dropping US is to find gear so godly that it covers all your resist needs without dropping any Int/ES for it.

Valyrium would have to compete with Perandus or Pyre. In both cases you'd have to find a new source of resists to replace Diamond Skin. But let's consider the rest of the effects.

Valyrium vs Perandus: you lose 12% (18% if legacy) Int bonus, you lose a small amount of resists, you gain effectively 3 skill points and a small amount of ES. Can you spend those 3 skill points to increase your Int by 12(18) percent? I don't think so.

Valyrium vs Pyre: you downgrade your DPS by using CtF instead of CD, you lose a skill point (AoF), you lose 70% Cold res, you gain 3 skill points and a small amount of ES. That doesn't look like a good idea at all.

There is one massive benefit to Valyrium: you can have a fully functional and safe character about 15(!!!) levels earlier than currently, i.e. in your early 60's. But while that sounds awesome, in reality it won't matter: you have to level to at least 70 to use Auxium and good armor. And you reach decent DPS and ES (by accumulating enought Int) to handle endgame content by lv 80. Leveling to 80 becomes trivial as soon as you enter the Lake anyway.

The only really good thing about Valyrium is that you can re-arrange the order of grabbing good things. You can get all jewel sockets while still leveling to 80, i.e. you get more power earlier and leave smaller bonuses for later (if ever). That's definitely worth something. I think Valyrium can be used to get all the good stuff, and then replaced with US when you reach lv 93-94. But that's still if you can manage your resists without Diamond Skin and Pyre and overcome that nasty -40% cold res.

"
I see you drop temp chains on uber atziri and change damning to perandus ring but what do you think about changing temp chains and doedre's damning to pyre ring and slotting in a life leech gem, keeping the avatar of fire and full fire conversion but allowing more leech on tough fights since you'd arc or orb of storms your curses (Wm & enfeeble).

I mean temp chains is a nice thing to have vs core malachai.

Dropping any curses is a bad idea. Uber Atziri is the only exception. But everywhere else those curses are well worth their price. TC makes a world of difference against Core, Colosseum, Shrine, and will likely be just as useful against the new bosses in 2.4.

There is no reason to use AoF with Pyre. You can't convert more than 100% damage, it won't give you any bonus damage for doing that.

OoS as a delivery method for the curses is fine for stationary boss fights (e.g. Uber Atziri), but CWDT BoL is more reliable against mobile bosses and ranged attackers. Either way, you still need Doedre's ring and Whispers of Doom to apply those curses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 19, 2016, 8:18:54 PM
Why do you grab the catalyse node?

+24% elemental weapon damage
+10 str/int

For the int and str?
"
Etna wrote:
Why do you grab the catalyse node?

+24% elemental weapon damage
+10 str/int

For the int and str?

It's converted by the nearby Brute Force Solution jewel to 20 Int. Getting 20 Int with one node is the most you can get at lv 90+ (unless you are 1 node short of grabbing a jewel socket).

WED doesn't do anything for this build, we ignore it.

Confirmed great!

No really tho, dumpster build.
No stun imu @ 33 with CI. Caused me to get
rekt.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Last edited by AwaitingApril on Aug 24, 2016, 1:55:23 AM
Can you make a Templar version of this build or just advise on the differences of the Templar build vs other classes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info