[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

well now it should work ... when u did the first post ur cast when dmg taken was a level lower
"
Majin111 wrote:
well now it should work ... when u did the first post ur cast when dmg taken was a level lower

I'm an idiot

Yeah, your right, lol working fine now

My bad!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 4, 2016, 12:37:26 PM
Anyone who is doing this build can you upload a video of Uber Lab bosses? I got wrecked big league fighting her.

I did shit ton of damage, but she 1 shot my ass. Was facetanking because I thought my leech would work. It did, but still got one shot because of you know, damage. So, I need to strategize around her, but not sure how. So many fucking traps, so much lag, much fun... I set my .ini display quality to 5, much better gameplay experience now. I can actually move around in labyrinth's. and I have a 7850 GFX card. is that not enough? I destroyed Atziri though, shit was amazing.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 4, 2016, 1:34:11 PM
some random thoughts after reading through the last 3 pages:

- another drawback of going crit is consistency. when going for a crit build, the noncrit hits will deal less damage than on a noncrit build since we gave up int to get the crit nodes on the passive tree. those hits that do crit will usually do more damage. even if the mean damage of such a crit build might be higher, this build wont come anywhere close to 95% crit chance and all the noncrits that are dealt might not be enough to clear a pack. with the usual, noncrit version of this build, we see a pack, cast as many icestorms on them as necessary to kill it, and move on. when going crit, the first cast being a crit might mean that we can move on, but if the first cast is a noncrit, we might have to recast to get the pack done. this consistency issue kills off some of the speed gains that the higher mean dps of a crit build might have provided. combined with the loss of ES and ele overload, im fairly sure that going crit is not worth it clearspeedwise.

- @majin: are you sure that all your fancy, expensive uniques are even worth it? you sacrifice a lot of damage on your jewels to get the res that one normally obtains from rare gloves and boots. skyforths might be worth it since they allow us to skip unwavering, but acuities? they provide 30ish more int than rares - are those 30ish int really worth sacrificing 150-200 flat ES plus 70-90 combined res? what about using rare gloves and dropping one res roll on two of your jewels and replacing that mod with 15 int each? this would provide you the same int, same res, but you would gain a lot of flat ES....

same goes for the helm: you have a +1 curse astramentis and can thus use double perandus rings. you also have that jewel that gives 6% inc int. with all those sources of %inc int, the 15% from black sun have a much lower marginal utility than on cheaper versions of this build that have less %inc int to begin with. how much damage do you really lose if you replace that helm with a rare one with 50+ int?

basically, you can build the perfect WI char (by temp league standards) with your skyforths and your +1 curse astramentis and the insane chest. apart from a 200ex+ eyes of the greatwolf talisman on standard, there are no major gear upgrades possible anymore. imho you're ruining that by sticking to the idea of a unique-only build. ;)

Last edited by Black_Gun on Jul 4, 2016, 1:47:03 PM
well the 15% int from blacksun are to much to change that.
Its true that probably my jewels destroy a lot of potential of my build
i don't need any ES.
I even like the 15% armor defense.
And still hit 10k Es.
If i could use more offensive jewels i probably would gain a lot of dmg.
At the moment it looks like both Labyrinth jewels are not that great as they seem ;/
btw i got another op chest ^^ an int one

Well don't really know what to change right now.
And Btw its not 30 more it should be more like 70 more ^^ don't forget the unique bonus ^^
compared to 44 rare ones its 100 bonus ;)

Edit : and one more note
Even if its maybe hard to get a lot more as the 40% dmg from elemental overload this is the real inconsisty ..
Checked the last 10 Überlab runs and iZaro is 80% death before it even triggers at 10% chance.
So there its pretty easy to get more out of crit :p
Last edited by Majin111 on Jul 4, 2016, 2:09:43 PM
"
Jalkar wrote:
Have you tried Hypothermia instead of Elemental Focus?

I know the multiplier is higher on Elemental Focus, but does the loss of Ignite really worth it ?

Ignite does nothing for this build. Its damage is based on the hit damage of 1 hit, which is already small, and then it's a tiny fraction of that. The damage multiplier on EF is much higher. And the bosses you really want to chill are immune to it.

"
monkuar wrote:
Anyone who is doing this build can you upload a video of Uber Lab bosses? I got wrecked big league fighting her.

I did shit ton of damage, but she 1 shot my ass. Was facetanking because I thought my leech would work. It did, but still got one shot because of you know, damage. So, I need to strategize around her, but not sure how. So many fucking traps, so much lag, much fun... I set my .ini display quality to 5, much better gameplay experience now. I can actually move around in labyrinth's. and I have a 7850 GFX card. is that not enough? I destroyed Atziri though, shit was amazing.

Izaro? I don't think he deserves a special video. He's just a tank-and-spank boss. His abilities also change every day, so a video for one day would mean nothing the next day.

When he has a 2h weapon, he can smash you real hard. And if you let him keep the elemental essences from the trials or don't destroy the curse fonts, he can indeed 1-shot you if your ES is too low, or you are not Fortified. So if you are getting 1-shot by Izaro, don't let him get the buffs from the first two trials, pay attention to Fortify and redo it often, or just dodge his 2h smash attack - it's very slow, he takes like 3 sec to swing his mallet.

"
Majin111 wrote:
Well don't really know what to change right now.

Check if those %Int jewels are actually upgrades. When I tried one of those, it was a downgrade. With your budget you can afford 4-mod dps/Int jewels for a whole lot cheaper than those Lab ones, and I have a feeling that something like

would work better
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 4, 2016, 2:24:09 PM
I have some questions regarding Auxium.

Since I am using this flask:

Even if I use Auxium I still get frozen by frozen lockboxes. So I decided to use this flask instead to help mitigate.

I found this belt on the wiki and decided to buy it for a couple alc's:

It's actually not bad. I lose about 200 es though, but gain quite bit a of damage. And the recharge rate is kind of nice for running lab (traps and shit).

And since I'm using that flask to mitigate freeze, I think it's a good trade off? Not sure what is everyones thoughts on it

I do miss my 200es though, but maybe I'm missing the selling point for Auxium's freeze. I know the ES it gives is insane, but Auxium still doesn't stop you from getting frozen from lockboxes, but my flask does....

Maybe you can slap this on your standard char Kelv and see if the DPS worth the 200es trade off. But then again, you lose 1 flask slot (which could be a quicksilver) so it could also hinder map clearing speeds.

Just brainstorming so again, apologize if it sounds so noobish. This game is far too complex for me. I just like to map, ice storm spam, and get loot.
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 5, 2016, 9:03:14 AM
Just picked up an even better one:

Only lost around 101 ES from my previous belt, but gained 300 Tooltip DPS:

Except my Auxium is a low roll, so probably most likely lose 200 + es or so
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 5, 2016, 9:11:49 AM
Auxium doesn't make you immune to freeze and chill, it just makes their duration really short, and that's good enough. You can carry a bunch of Sapphire Flasks with you instead, but that's very cumbersome. In a map with cold damage mod or a lot of enemies with cold attacks you'll have to pop those flasks all the time. You'll be denying yourself the benefits of other flasks, and you may run out of flasks against the bosses that freeze you (Daresso, Malachai, Piety, Merveil).

But if you are willing to play that way and constantly rely on flasks for tiny benefits like 300 damage, then Perandus Blazon is a much better option than Bated Breath. The original WI build (Baalorlord's Scion) was using Perandus Blazon and the Alchemist cluster. I got tired of getting frozen and chilled with it real fast. You probably will too, once you get into higher level maps.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 5, 2016, 6:32:58 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Replacing Astramentis with Chayula would absolutely destroy this build. You'd lose an insane amount of ES, damage, and you wouldn't be able to use half of your gems.

People keep making that mistake: thinking that all those nodes on the way to US are wasted or something. But they are all Int nodes, except 5. The stun immunity is achieved for the price of just five nodes. Everything else is converted to Int and gives you DPS and ES.

I get that Astramentis is a fantastic item for this Int-based build, I was more so talking about a temporary thing until you have your stun immunity since getting stun locked can be one of the most likely ways to die on an ES build.

I also see that most of the nodes are at least semi-useful, and that you're converting most of the STR to INT with the Brute Force Solutions jewel, it just doesn't *look* efficient. I mean how much STR does the build actually need? And could you make up the INT of by pathing differently on the tree, more towards Shadow or something and then using Chayula and ignoring the Marauder area? I guess what I'm asking is if this is really min/max'd or not, while I'm leveling it (only 65 so far) I keep getting the gut feeling that it's kind of a mess but haven't actually looked at whether or not it could be improved in any way.

Also I'm assuming you don't spec into Shaper of Desolation (for the Shock) because of the non-synergy with Elemental Focus? and because it wouldn't really help on single target/bosses that don't have nearby adds to kill?

Anyway no offense intended by any of these questions, I am very inexperienced with this build and just curious about these things. Keep in mind that my questions are coming from the perspective of someone playing on HC which is maybe why I might be feeling more uncertain about the tree/setup than I should be. I just don't want to end up in a situation where I have 30k DPS but am getting stun locked and one-shot through a 5.5k ES pool or something like that.
Last edited by Greymane2k on Jul 5, 2016, 7:46:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info