[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I got 88 lvl already, i just hate my black sun crest. I mean this reduced light radius is... :(

It's good idea to change it for 400+ es 50+ int and some res rare helmet?
"
spillo90 wrote:

The cold damage is affected by cold modifiers THEN is converted to fire damage and the fire modifiers are now applied too (if i'm not wrong)

Thx, but thats not the point i would like to know :) I thought we do fire AND ice damage? Fire from scorching ray and ice from icestorm?

If Avatar of Fire is active "Deal no Non-Fire Damage", so only fire damage?

And no, don't smoke weed ;) Maybe i understand it not good enough, english isn't my home language.
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
spillo90 wrote:

The cold damage is affected by cold modifiers THEN is converted to fire damage and the fire modifiers are now applied too (if i'm not wrong)

Thx, but thats not the point i would like to know :) I thought we do fire AND ice damage? Fire from scorching ray and ice from icestorm?

If Avatar of Fire is active "Deal no Non-Fire Damage", so only fire damage?

And no, don't smoke weed ;) Maybe i understand it not good enough, english isn't my home language.

It wasn't me saying ti stop smoking :D

Anyway we use SR to cast Icestorm thank to CwC. Icestorm is our damage source, not SR. SR also reduces enemies' fire res so it's better for US to deal fire damage rather than cold. Conversion is also good for us because we Can boost our damage with both cold and fire modifiers instead of just cold as i said earlier. So if u don't use avatar of fire u actually deal less damage.

What should i put in this armor? (I can have max 2 curses, so it cant be temporal chains)
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
From where do you start building the gear, I know first should be the chest as its the most costly but then what do you get between the belt, boots and gloves?

Also do you buy the Crystal Belt or do you try and make it, say 10 essences of spite and 10 orbs of scouring are enough to get the desired one?
Is it worth using http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne%27s_Revelation for this build? (up to 75 int)
"
spillo90 wrote:
"
spillo90 wrote:

I don't really like the curse on hit and the golems on CwDT. I prefer to self cast golems and use orb of storm with curse on hit. Do i lose anything by doing it this way? And what about adding WM to the curse on hit set-up and freeing mana for another aura?

Up?

Up
Hello and thank you for this amazing build.
This is my second char and first time in a league so my question can be noobish.

I just started mapping and noticed sometimes i run into big packs of monsters.

Anyone tried or have thoughts about switching warlord's mark with enfleeble slots.
So we can cast enfeeble as aura and warlord as on hit since we already need warlord to hit.
This way enfleebe will have much higher benefit while running into crowds.

Any idea please?
Thank you
Last edited by codari1 on Mar 12, 2017, 12:31:39 PM
"
codari1 wrote:
Hello and thank you for this amazing build.
This is my second char and first time in a league so my question can be noobish.

I just started mapping and noticed sometimes i run into big packs of monsters.

Anyone tried or have thoughts about switching warlord's mark with enfleeble slots.
So we can cast enfeeble as aura and warlord as on hit since we already need warlord to hit.
This way enfleebe will have much higher benefit while running into crowds.

Any idea please?
Thank you

With a 5-link chest and before you get the third curse, you can attach Orb of Storms to your Curse on Hit so you can manually cast the Enfeeble, while still keeping the automatic Ball Lightning CWDT/Curse on Hit setup as well. Just to clarify, you're using the same Curse on Hit gem for both Ball Lightning and Orb of Storms.

You can do the same thing with the tri-curse endgame setup, but you'll of course need a six-link chest.

I personally like that setup, I'll throw out an Orb for the Elemental Overload and curse(s) and "pre-cast" Icestorm before popping a strongbox, or waking an Essence mob, or before starting a boss fight, then let the automatic Ball Lightning do its thing for the rest of the fight. I often forget or don't have time to manage dropping Orbs after a fight has started, and when just map clearing, it's simply not worth the hassle to manually cast Orb, and CWDT/Ball Lightning is also excellent defense against ranged mobs shooting you from offscreen, so it's worthwhile to run both setups.

Warlord's Mark is still best as an aura, because that way you NEVER forget or get too busy to cast it, and it's really the most important of your defensive curses, besides the damage reduction and resist boosts and longer Immortal Call duration, the reduced stun threshold is VERY beneficial when combined with how often Icestorm hits a target. Remember, a stunned enemy does ZERO damage to you.
i realy love your build, but a small question to the Skillpoints.
Isn´t Pain Attunement working at this build? because it gives alot of Spelldmg.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info