[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I updated the guide some more, made the Gear section easier to navigate, added the Gems section and my Prophecy gear.

Whacked the Pale Council and made a video. There are 4 bosses with Phylacterial Link, kinda like Excavation, but they warp back to their spawn points every time their vulnerability ends, so you can't bunch them together for an easy slaughter like in Excavation. No idea what abilities they use, they couldn't hurt me. This can be done with 3-4k ES with this build. The only challenge is to find which boss is not shielded and leap onto it. There are even adds to make sure your flasks refill. It's a glorified game of whack-a-mole! :)

"
CastielleZero wrote:
if i'm planning on buying the chest first as my primary upgrade and only have around 3-4 ex to spend, which example would you go with?

700 ES
40 INT
1-2 low res rolls
Price: 3ex

or

750 ES
35 INT
1-2 medium res rolls
Price: 4ex

again, very rough examples. just trying to get a gauge for importance of stats before I buy one as this is my first CI character. I looked for a chest similar to the last one you posted but found nothing even close to it anywhere near the price range you say you paid, so im assuming you shopped around for a good deal?

EDIT: This is assuming I have maybe an EX a piece for the remaining Boots/Gloves

The second one, of course. 50 ES and higher resists is better than 5 Int, and it's easily worth paying 1ex more.

"
Majin111 wrote:

and now this one ... is this mirroring worthy ? oO

Holy shit! I think you've just made the best ES chest armor in this league. GG :)

It may not be optimal for this build (no Int) but the resists make up for it. You can replace your resist jewels with Int ones.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 30, 2016, 11:47:43 PM
Just seen your video as i was changing to Pyre setup nice job man and nice bow drop :) By the way your flask section are showing armor piece now
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jul 1, 2016, 12:06:35 AM
"
Kelemn wrote:
Just seen your video as i was changing to Pyre setup nice job man and nice bow drop :) By the way your flask section are showing armor piece now

Fixed.

Do you know which drop is the best? I assume it's the bow, the other items listed in the Wiki don't seem to be quite as useful and sell for 1-5c on poe.trade, while the bow is 4ex.
I think it's the bow, it is really good for SA and TS build. I really need one of those on my standard ranger.
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jul 1, 2016, 12:44:16 AM
Ty ;) i even got a nice divine ^^

Btw care if u do council / atziri with the Possesed Foe prophecy on my first try vs the council they all were possessed ... And it was quite hard.
Same happened at my first atziri run ...
I had to give up vs the trio -.-

mfg
Majin
"
Majin111 wrote:
Ty ;) i even got a nice divine ^^

Btw care if u do council / atziri with the Possesed Foe prophecy on my first try vs the council they all were possessed ... And it was quite hard.
Same happened at my first atziri run ...
I had to give up vs the trio -.-

mfg
Majin

Sounds like a fun thing to try!
its quite funny if u are geared up properly and near the end of this build ..
But if u Just hit 80 and want to do the first atziri run its not ;)
I know you have talk about Foresight before but here is a suggestion:

Its actually good to recomend it as endgame points if you are already set on gear and have your resists capped. Why do i say this? Cause you are recomending to take as end game points Nullification, which will only give you 15% ES and the rest will be useless if you are set in gear. Now if you take Foresight thats 20% more ES and 20 flat ES for the same two points. At least it would be nice to list it as an endgame point sink. Just my two cents.
"
I know you have talk about Foresight before but here is a suggestion:

Its actually good to recomend it as endgame points if you are already set on gear and have your resists capped. Why do i say this? Cause you are recomending to take as end game points Nullification, which will only give you 15% ES and the rest will be useless if you are set in gear. Now if you take Foresight thats 20% more ES and 20 flat ES for the same two points. At least it would be nice to list it as an endgame point sink. Just my two cents.

You can check it easily yourself, as you should still have all your respec points intact:
1. Refund 2 points.
2. Write down your ES and Icestorm damage (wait for Pendulum to be off to get the dmg value).
3. Take Foresight and write down your ES (damage is the same obviously).
4. Refund Foresight.
5. Take two simple +10 Int nodes and write down your ES and Icestorm damage (-pendulum).
6. Compare the values and see exactly how much ES you get from Foresight and how much ES+damage you get from just 20 Int.

The ES/resist nodes are listed mostly because of the resists - they give you more freedom in gearing. But pure ES is kinda meaningless. You only need as much ES as you can get hit for before you leech it back. There are very few encounters where a little more ES can help.

"
Majin111 wrote:
its quite funny if u are geared up properly and near the end of this build ..
But if u Just hit 80 and want to do the first atziri run its not ;)

I did the regular Atziri at lv 70 in this league, as soon as I was able to wear my first set of endgame gear. That place gives awesome xp for lv 70. I'd leveled before I even got to her. :)

But how do you get the prophecy to trigger there? I've just run 6 sets with Possessed Foe in my Prophecy tab, and it never triggered. :(
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 1, 2016, 3:13:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info