[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

pro tip: keep a leveld lightning warp with quality with you and switch it in for orb of storms when you run a trial. the place where sentinal traps are located is almost always safe to teleport to. that way, one can cheese a lot of the trap puzzles.
so i just bricked 4 6S 18% staffs today, kinda sad.

before i waste more currency, what's a good vaal corruption for the staff or should i not corrupt at all?

edit: I was looking for either "Culling Strike" or "% Fire damage leeched as life" corruptions to get a potential 8L or are these not possible to get on this staff?
since we are converting, % fire leeched as life should work right?
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Dec 18, 2016, 10:37:37 PM
sry if this has been answered before, but under the jewel section of the guide it says " Int will increase Icestorm damage by almost the same amount as a damage mod, but it also increases ES".

But tooltip on whispering ice is 1% increase spell dmg per 10 Int. surely a 10% dmg mod is better than 10 Int (1% spell dmg), no?
need some insight on this
how much es do i need before i can safely do uber
i tried once on 4k es, he 1 shot me , i just tried again with 5k es and i think i can do it with some luck and if he actually leave the fight when i drop his hp dow and not just stay and kill me but anyway it was really scary and my hp dip to like 1k so is that it he does 4k dmg per attack ?
"
buttcommander wrote:
sry if this has been answered before, but under the jewel section of the guide it says " Int will increase Icestorm damage by almost the same amount as a damage mod, but it also increases ES".

But tooltip on whispering ice is 1% increase spell dmg per 10 Int. surely a 10% dmg mod is better than 10 Int (1% spell dmg), no?

The icestorm skill damage itself scales off int.
"
y562565 wrote:
need some insight on this
how much es do i need before i can safely do uber
i tried once on 4k es, he 1 shot me , i just tried again with 5k es and i think i can do it with some luck and if he actually leave the fight when i drop his hp dow and not just stay and kill me but anyway it was really scary and my hp dip to like 1k so is that it he does 4k dmg per attack ?

5k should be fairly doable. change your curses to self cast so izaro starts the fight enfeebled and bring granite and basalt flasks.
"
kelongngu wrote:

before i waste more currency, what's a good vaal corruption for the staff or should i not corrupt at all?

edit: I was looking for either "Culling Strike" or "% Fire damage leeched as life" corruptions to get a potential 8L or are these not possible to get on this staff?

you cannot get culling strike on a staff.

fire damage leeched is only 0.2% - not worth it.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
kelongngu wrote:

you cannot get culling strike on a staff.

fire damage leeched is only 0.2% - not worth it.

Thank you, painful lesson learnt. :)
I have an Alien pet.
I haven't played in 1,5 years and I was wondering why doesn't the 6S staff need links ? Do all support gems in this staff affect the inherit level 1 Icestorm on the staff ?
Last edited by zappaa on Dec 19, 2016, 6:01:42 AM
Yes, because staff itself is a skill, so every gem inserted affect the WI. So far 77lvl, cant find any decent drops and neither I have Izaro Turmoil gem nor Astramentis, what should I change first? 5,6k ES with discipline. More to come, because I am checking poe.trade for 120+ es gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info