[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Majin111 wrote:

You're wrong. 12% spell damage is better than 8% elemental damage. Elemental damage does not double dip on conversion (it has to be increased cold and increased fire damage on separate lines like snowforged).
Is temporal chain mandatory ?

I find it perform well with two signet
---
On CWDT setup with enfeeble an Immortal call what LVL should CWDT be?
So after the 5linking I am having problems with the curse setup. Curse on hit I have two one higher level and one under my CWDT level. I know orb of storms doesnt work with this setup so dont worry about that one.

Problem is I would assume ball lightning and curse should proc on CWDT, yet I tried over 10 times in the middle of packs and the only curse that applies is my blasphemy + warlords mark. I cannot seem to get enfeeble to proc.

The curse on hit should be fine at a higher level than CWDT? and I have also tried with a lower version, still no help.

EDIT: when i pull out Curse on Hit, enfeeble procs as per normal but not from ball lightning.

Side Note: does ball lightning proc discord or do you have to manually cast a lightning spell?

Anyone?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jun 24, 2016, 3:24:00 AM
"
Quazifuji wrote:
"
Majin111 wrote:

You're wrong. 12% spell damage is better than 8% elemental damage. Elemental damage does not double dip on conversion (it has to be increased cold and increased fire damage on separate lines like snowforged).

woot omg i thought the whole idea behind this conversion is to get elemental damage doubled xD
Btw i got my witch also to 88 and its crazy strong ;)
but is it this strong :O

Going to run this when I hit 91 but pretty sure the boss will kill me! Those crits will hurt so bad...
Last edited by Ziiyo on Jun 24, 2016, 4:45:17 AM
"
Majin111 wrote:
"
Quazifuji wrote:
"
Majin111 wrote:

woot omg i thought the whole idea behind this conversion is to get elemental damage doubled xD
Btw i got my witch also to 88 and its crazy strong ;)

You do get some things dubled, just not general "elemental damage". The big things that get doubled are Snowforged and any jewels with both cold and fire damage on them (including Izaro's Turmoil). The other advantage is that you benefit from increased fire damage, mainly the 40% you get from using a Fire Golem with Liege of the Primordial and Fire Walker.

In total, converting to fire gives around 100-160% increased damage depending on your jewels.
"
Ziiyo wrote:
So after the 5linking I am having problems with the curse setup.

Problem is I would assume ball lightning and curse should proc on CWDT, yet I tried over 10 times in the middle of packs and the only curse that applies is my blasphemy + warlords mark. I cannot seem to get enfeeble to proc.

The curse on hit should be fine at a higher level than CWDT? and I have also tried with a lower version, still no help.

EDIT: when i pull out Curse on Hit, enfeeble procs as per normal but not from ball lightning.

Side Note: does ball lightning proc discord or do you have to manually cast a lightning spell?

Anyone?

Yea, Curse on Hit (CoH) is a support, and supports can be much higher level than CWDT. Only actual skill gems (not support gems) need to be at or below the CWDT level limit.

I think the issue is that 2 trigger skills won't work together, and both CoH and CWDT are triggers. I think your problem will be solved if you level CoH above CWDT.
"
anteku wrote:
"
Ziiyo wrote:
So after the 5linking I am having problems with the curse setup.

Anyone?

Yea, Curse on Hit (CoH) is a support, and supports can be much higher level than CWDT. Only actual skill gems (not support gems) need to be at or below the CWDT level limit.

I think the issue is that 2 trigger skills won't work together, and both CoH and CWDT are triggers. I think your problem will be solved if you level CoH above CWDT.

I did that initially. My CoH was 19/20 and it still didnt work. I was hoping the ball lightning will apply enfeeble right down the isles but that doesnt seem to be happening. Very weird
"
Ziiyo wrote:

I did that initially. My CoH was 19/20 and it still didnt work. I was hoping the ball lightning will apply enfeeble right down the isles but that doesnt seem to be happening. Very weird

Also, I forgot to mention raising Enfeeble above CWDT... so, all gems over CWDT except ball lightning. It should work.

If it doesn't the only other thing might be a bug with having Orb of Storms there, but as you noted before, that shouldn't matter. But, sometimes odd things happen. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info