[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

What kinds of stats should I have before trying regular Atziri? I assume she's not too hard for this build, but I've never fought her before and don't have a ton of currency so I'd rather make sure I'm ready before I start spending sac sets on her. Currently I've got a little over 8k ES, around 5.2k WI damage with fire golem but without pendulum or overload, and I've got my resists capped but only with two curses (I might be able to get the resists to keep them capped with Doedre's Damning added, but I'm not sure).

Also, should I drop enfeeble for Atziri or keep it up? Any other changes to the usual gem setups that you recommend?
"
Quazifuji wrote:
What kinds of stats should I have before trying regular Atziri? I assume she's not too hard for this build, but I've never fought her before and don't have a ton of currency so I'd rather make sure I'm ready before I start spending sac sets on her. Currently I've got a little over 8k ES, around 5.2k WI damage with fire golem but without pendulum or overload, and I've got my resists capped but only with two curses (I might be able to get the resists to keep them capped with Doedre's Damning added, but I'm not sure).

Also, should I drop enfeeble for Atziri or keep it up? Any other changes to the usual gem setups that you recommend?

I think this should be more than capable - That fight is more about knowing what to do and where to run more than anything else.
TFIGEGKTB
"
Quazifuji wrote:

With regards to stats, you should be fine for Atziri. The main thing is to learn the mechanics of the fight. There are tons of posts and videos. Kelvynn's excellent FAQ and Baalorlord's video of his whispering ice build killing Uber Atziri will be particularly useful.

Atziri herself will reflect curses that are self-cast or triggered with Curse on Hit (Blasphemy curses are not reflected). Turn off those curses or use flasks with curse immunity. If you've not ascended, stay far away from the Atziri clone that holds a mirror. She'll reflect your damage and kill you quick.

Good luck!

"
Madgod wrote:

Check your quests (U). You either didn't complete one of the quests that gives a skill point, or you helped one of the bandits instead of killing them.

"
Quazifuji wrote:

Regular Atziri is very easy with this build. You can do the same thing as in the video in the top post once you've completed the base functionality. I used Inc AoE gem there but later found out that it's not necessary for hitting all 4 statues (for enough leech against the mirror), you can use CD for more dps and the radius is good enough. Also, that's a bit of showing off there, you can do it 100% safer with CE if you just wait for the statues to fade in enough to see where the mirror is. Here's an old 2.1 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FTMaHgmyL4

You can do that with probably 6-7k es and whatever Icestorm damage you have by then. As long as you have your stun immunity to be safe against the Trio and maxed resists.

Uber is an order of magnitude harder than the regular Atziri. For that you need at least 8.5k es and serious dps (I'd say at least 9-10k with CE and golem).

The Uber video in the original build by Baalorlord is kinda overcomplicated, and that build isn't using curses and leech to the full extent. I completely disagree with the order of killing there too. Archer should die 1st of course. My Scion Uber video is in the Scion thread, as well as the strat used there (in the Q&A).

I've done Uber in Standard with the 2.3 Witch already and came up with a new strat where you can choose to be very safe or have fun and outleech the reflect but take a risk. I'll do a video for that soon and update the strat.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 21, 2016, 2:38:36 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Check your quests (U). You either didn't complete one of the quests that gives a skill point, or you helped one of the bandits instead of killing them.

Regular Atziri is very easy with this build. You can do the same thing as in the video in the top post once you've completed the base functionality. I used Inc AoE gem there but later found out that it's not necessary for hitting all 4 statues (for enough leech against the mirror), you can use CD for more dps and the radius is good enough. Also, that's a bit of showing off there, you can do it 100% safer with CE if you just wait for the statues to fade in enough to see where the mirror is. Here's an old 2.1 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FTMaHgmyL4

You can do that with probably 6-7k es and whatever Icestorm damage you have by then. As long as you have your stun immunity to be safe against the Trio and maxed resists.

Uber is an order of magnitude harder than the regular Atziri. For that you need at least 8.5k es and serious dps (I'd say at least 9-10k with CE and golem).

The Uber video in the original build by Baalorlord is kinda overcomplicated, and that build isn't using curses and leech to the full extent. I completely disagree with the order of killing there too. Archer should die 1st of course. My Scion Uber video is in the Scion thread, as well as the strat used there (in the Q&A).

I've done Uber in Standard with the 2.3 Witch already and came up with a new strat where you can choose to be very safe or have fun and outleech the reflect but take a risk. I'll do a video for that soon and update the strat.

What do you think it's better, elementalist or ascendant, using both the same setup, in terms of dps?
Tried Atziri, and it was indeed very easy. Didn't even come fully prepared and haven't really optimized the build yet (I haven't specced into Potency of Will because I really like the mobility than Lightning Warp gives, and I've just been using Lightning Warp to proc Mastermind of Dischord and skipping Orb of Storms) and it was still a piece of cake.

I've also been able to facetank Uber Izaro easily, which is nice. And Pale Council wasn't too bad, the main tricky part is that whenever the one I was attacking became invulnerable my leech would stop so I'd have to find the vulnerable one or attack some adds quickly to keep up the leech.

So yeah, very happy with this build. Not sure if it's the fastest clear-speed build I've ever played, but it definitely feels like the best for boss-killing with its insane single-target damage and tankiness, and the clearspeed's still not bad by any means.
"
Quazifuji wrote:

regular atziri is quite ez mode. but you should disable temp chains for the actual atziri fight - it messes up her storm call timings, causing some of them to go off immediately after being cast on top of you, so its impossible to move out in time.
I just went and killed the regular Atziri for shits and giggles with my Prophecy char that's still very gimp. 7421 ES, 5392 Icestorm, took out CWDT for Atziri so that I wouldnt have to deal with reflected curses at all. Used CD gem, the radius is enough to hit all 4 statues when casting right in the middle. Ruby Flasks. Total ezmode, just not insta-kill like on my Standard char. Regular Atziri is completely trivial.

"
intre wrote:
What do you think it's better, elementalist or ascendant, using both the same setup, in terms of dps?

The Witch has higher DPS than the Scion at the same level, especially after doing the Uber Lab. Mastermind is quite insane. Pendulum is pretty cool too. And Paragon is not just for defense either, it's a nice dps bonus against reflect (reflect -> you hit yourself with fire -> you have taken fire damage recently -> you gain 40% inc fire dmg). Icestorm tooltip is almost the same as the Scion with the same gear. But all this hidden bonus damage that kicks in during the action is huge. The Witch'es real dps in combat against bosses is probably 1.5x of the Scion's.

Initially I still liked the Scion more because the clear speed with Raider is awesome, and you can plow thru the maps and level fast. But now that I've started playing the Witch more seriously, I'm very fond of it. Lightning golem and Quicksilver flasks make it go real fast too. And not worrying about reflect is just priceless.

I'm going to update the guide soon. One of the pleasant surprises for me was how rarely the golems die. Elemental immunty rocks. There is no need to CWDT the golems like in the Scion version (and it doesn;t work well anyway with 2 of them). Just summon them manually when they happen to die. This also eliminates the need to color gloves or boots 3R and makes it cheaper.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 22, 2016, 2:38:05 AM
How essential do you consider Potency of Will? The duration sounds really nice for tankier bosses, but I really like being able to use lightning warp for mobility, it's so much faster than Leap Slam (even with a 20q faster attacks and a doubled-effect Lightning Golem), and it also works as a convenient Mastermind of Discord proc for normal packs (Orb of Storms is still probably worth it for Overload on bosses).

Also, how do you manage to hit 9k-10k damage with only golems up? I only get to around 5.5k with golems up with a Perandus Signet but no overload or pendulum, and I've got a decent amount of ES on gloves, boots, and chest, a perfect int roles on the staff and helm, and a perfect Astramentis. I don't have Izaro's turmoil jewels, but I've got rare jewels with 8-10 int and 15%-ish spell/cold/fire damage instead, which should be good. I'm on Prophecy, so legacy Perandus Signet isn't an option. There's still more int to be gained from leveling up, and my support gems aren't qualitied, but it doesn't seem like enough to get me to 9-10k damage pre-buffs (besides golems).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info