[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Any way you could make a list of priorities for quality on gems?
I may be retarded but without using Damning curse ring or Whispers of Doom we can only have one curse, which would be Warlord's correct?

As we get higher and take Whispers I assume that's were the Enfeeble + IC + CWDT comes into play, but for the 'tri-curse' setup listed in OP we'd need Damning ring or +1 Curse on Astra (in addition to Whispers) yeah?

For dual curse (Whispers as I don't think I can run Damning and still be capped without end-game gear) would the CWDT + <Curse> + CoH + Ball Lighting be better or the CWDT + <Curse> be a better application? Also Temp Chains or Enfeeble first?
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Jun 15, 2016, 10:47:06 PM
I have a question about gear priorities: I feel like I've got all the essentials covered - key uniques, 6 sockets on my WI, capped resists - so now I ca aim for luxury stuff. I've got around 2.5ex to spend.

Which do you think I should prioritize: Getting a really good chest (currently I've got one with around 640 ES and good resists, but for an exalt or two I could get one closer to 750, possibly with some int, although with less resists), or getting a Perandus Signet?

(I also don't have Izaro's Turmoil yet, but those are around 25c each, which doesn't seem worth it when I already have rare jewels with int, resists, and damage on them.)

"

For dual curse (Whispers as I don't think I can run Damning and still be capped without end-game gear) would the CWDT + <Curse> + CoH + Ball Lighting be better or the CWDT + <Curse> be a better application? Also Temp Chains or Enfeeble first?

The big advantage of the Ball Lightning setup is that it lets you use a higher level curse with a lower level CWDT. Personally, I'm not using that setup yet because I didn't have the spare sockets, but I'm also playing on softcore so it's not a big deal if I die a few times because enemies are doing 23% less damage instead of 30%.
"
nogglebeak wrote:
Any way you could make a list of priorities for quality on gems?

I'd go with CtF first, because 20q on it adds 20% inc dmg, i.e. twice as much as on the other DPS gems.

Blasphemy would be my 2nd priority: +10% effect for WM, that's +0.2% leech.

Then either the DPS route: EF, FP, Echo = 10% inc dmg each
or
the curses: TC = enemies are 10% slower, CoH = +10% effect of TC and Enfeeble

Probably DPS first, especially since you don't get the 3rd curse until higher levels.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 16, 2016, 1:22:56 PM
"
I may be retarded but without using Damning curse ring or Whispers of Doom we can only have one curse, which would be Warlord's correct?

Yes.

"
As we get higher and take Whispers I assume that's were the Enfeeble + IC + CWDT comes into play

At lv 38. Enfeeble weakens ranged attackers that hit you (archers etc). Everything that comes into your WM aura gets WM (aura always overrides cast curses). If you have the Doedre ring already, then you can have both curses on everything.

"
but for the 'tri-curse' setup listed in OP we'd need Damning ring or +1 Curse on Astra (in addition to Whispers) yeah?

Yes. The endgame setup with 3 curses requires Whispers of Doom and the ring (or +1 amu). If you lack one of those, you can still play it like the leveling setup: ranged attackers get Enfeeble+TC, enemies near you get WM+one of those curses at random.

"

You can easily cap your resists using a rare ring with high Int plus the missing resists instead of Perandus Signet. The Perandus should be the last piece of your endgame gear, after everything else is good enough.

If you are going with dual-curse then you don't need the Doedre ring and the 5L and can add the curse of your choice into the lv 20 CWDT - IC - golem link. Ball Lightning is used for efficient application of Enfeeble+TC, plus CoH 20/20 adds 10% curse effect. But with one less curse you don't need it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 16, 2016, 1:19:49 PM
Nice build.

Is it safe to assume that the witch version is a stronger version for boss fight? Due to reflect..higher es and higher dmg?

Possible to do dual.curse setup with two perandus ring?
Guessing that Izaro's Turmoil was one of the unique jewels that got hit with increased rarity? I remember them being pretty cheap before, and now I can't find one for less than 20c on PHC. Not only that, there's only a few of them up to begin with.
"
dbush2765 wrote:
Guessing that Izaro's Turmoil was one of the unique jewels that got hit with increased rarity? I remember them being pretty cheap before, and now I can't find one for less than 20c on PHC. Not only that, there's only a few of them up to begin with.

Probably. It's also Labyrinth-exclusive, which doesn't help.

I've just been using rare jewels with resists, int, and spell/cold/fire damage. Almost as much damage, but you can get them for 1-3c if you're lucky instead of spending over 20 on Izaro's, and they make capping resists easier.
"
Quazifuji wrote:
"
dbush2765 wrote:

Probably. It's also Labyrinth-exclusive, which doesn't help.

I've just been using rare jewels with resists, int, and spell/cold/fire damage. Almost as much damage, but you can get them for 1-3c if you're lucky instead of spending over 20 on Izaro's, and they make capping resists easier.

Ah, makes sense. I didn't realize it was lab exclusive. Even if they didn't push the rarity up, there's probably still way less people chain running lab since there's no challenges in there this time around.
Thanks for the guide loving the build so far.

Did OP ever post their own gear cause i havent seen it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info