Think I won't ever visit Australia... Nope.

So lady and friend go to the beach... Salt crocodile eats her. I have to worry about deadly insects, a jelly fish size of a quarter... If it's not an animal trying to kill you at the beach it's an animal or insect killing you at your own home.

I'm not sure how such wonderful and family oriented people put up with it...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2016, 6:02:59 AM
Meanwhile, In florida
https://i.imgur.com/cfj58oY.webm

Spoiler
Now seriously, Australia looks beautiful and all, but I like to live tyvm. Though in this case Im pretty sure the areas had warning signs so they were pretty foolish. Its the little things that I NOPE at anyway
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on May 31, 2016, 3:58:06 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
Meanwhile, In florida
https://i.imgur.com/cfj58oY.webm

Spoiler
Now seriously, Australia looks beautiful and all, but I like to live tyvm. Though in this case Im pretty sure the areas had warning signs so they were pretty foolish. Its the little things that I NOPE at anyway

The crocs here are pretty tamed either killed or moved to another area. I'll put it this way few years ago I went to everglades rented a tiny boat and literally had 13 foot gators basking in the sun and entering the water. Crocs in Austrailia are man eaters 100x more dangerous. They go after small boats...

The only time people ere put themselves at risk is when they do something extremely stupid. Crocs and sharks signs are everywhere so it's more of the matter of species that Aussies have to deal with.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
we have house hippos; annoying little critters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA
POE is life. POE is ♥.
The thing you have to worry about most here is probably spiders, we have many deadly spiders that are very common, if you look around you will most likely spot them.

I've seen a few funnel web spiders, redbacks and such.

You will also see snakes occasionally but most of them will just ignore you as long as you don't mess with them.

I guess when you live in the country you get used to the danger, I freak out if I suddenly see a huntsman spider next to me, hell I even accidentally touched one a while ago (was on my computer desk and lights were off) though huntsman spiders are not aggressive, but they are still venomous.

I hope this post has convinced you that Australia in a perfectly safe country that you should come and visit any time. =)
Last edited by JackHardon on May 31, 2016, 9:15:32 PM
hmmm city boy. IME the concrete jungles are way more brutal than the great wide opens. bugs critters and all. My dream is to be a farmer and drive huge tractors like out of star wars all day.

I've been all over the world before I was 16 and worst place ever are in the asphalt slabs we call cities. Basically humans are the apex predators you gotta be mindful of.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 1, 2016, 4:31:02 AM
I wouldn't set my foot in a country which isn't:

- with a good economy
- politically and religiously liberal (that excludes the USA)
- with a cold or temperate climate

I've only visited Northern Italy, if you're wondering. Definitely not much of a traveler.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
we have house hippos; annoying little critters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

LMFAO!

I was actually expecting a house hippo to be the nickname of some kind of large bug or something then the video shows lil hippos.
"
solwitch wrote:
So lady and friend go to the beach... Salt crocodile eats her. I have to worry about deadly insects, a jelly fish size of a quarter... If it's not an animal trying to kill you at the beach it's an animal or insect killing you at your own home.

I'm not sure how such wonderful and family oriented people put up with it...

Play it safe, come to Canada! The most dangerous things we have here are mooses and Bieber fans.
Come back to Argentina, the only dangerous animal here are called humans
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info