How much Life (ES Hybrid)?

One more of those questions, yes.

In your experience, how many EHP do I need on the life side for a life ES hybrid that's a bit more on the ES side, assuming I don't want to stick with Lorica for the entire game (and I don't expect that much ES)?
I'm assuming low evasion and practically no armour, and the current plan is around 3k/4.5k, though that doesn't factor in any Plans for Chest, Rings and Belt; I could just pick up a lorica, or try to get as much health and chaos res as possible on the remaining gear.
Question mostly pertaining playability up to ~Tier 9 Maps, I think given my playstyle I'll make more currency off the higher tiers by just selling the whites.

Edit: Or should I maybe drop the Discipline for Grace? Haven't yet decided what else I'll run, might cost me 600 ES depending on equipment, but evolve the little bit of evasion to a quite reasonable level of evasion.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on May 30, 2016, 4:56:41 PM
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 7:59:47 AM
about life. With -60 chaos res the minimum amount of life is around 3k (same as you have), gaining some more choas res, u can drop some life and focus more on ES (of course if build can recover ES mid-combat).

Playing as hybrid, investing a lot into es often it isn't the best option either. It's quite rewarding having hybrid gear too (ES/evasion). Playing ES/evasion/life hybrid grace+blasphemy+enfeeble has proven to work wondrously, some added block and ES leech would further enhance it. If you have serious dps and leech, you can get away without investing into evasion and instead stacking more ES. Well, its just one example, it could work with other known setups as well.

And here I thought I'd get answers like "lol, 3k?" *deepens voice* "You will die....".^^

I was planning Hierophant, so I'd have 40% life to mana damage conversion and I'd get to probably around 1k ES without even really having any on items, thanks to all that mana and base intelligence.
That EHP calc is with that in mind, which I guess doesn't help against DoTs, so I suppose I need to get some 500 more. Then again, if 3k is deemed sufficient, I could drop Lorica and get a Sanctuary to actually sustain that ES (Or maybe a Life/EV chest and use Sorrow of the Divine), so that's definitely doable. Kinda sad the old AA doesn't exist anymore. ^^
However, I'll have to live with pointedly not having serious dps and leech. Or, rather, I won't have GR.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
My elementalist witch has about 2.4k life and 5.1k ES. No uniques equipped. I haven't had many T9+ maps yet, but those I've played have been fine. She has no leech and very low regen, so moving around to avoid damage is necessary. 35% chaos resist on merciless also helps - I've been lucky with a few items to get that much.
Good to know.
Though 35% resist is high.
You'll probably have more dps, too.
On the bright side, I haven't yet decided on offence, so I could try bladefall and get a mings heart or something.
I was thinking of maybe using one of those jewels that grant 50% phys ES bypass to utilize MoM better, but no slots left in reach. ^^
At the very least, I now know the build is, at least theoretically, viable.
Not sure if I'll ever go that far.
Zaanus:

___

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info