Who else is not going to play PoE anymore because of the lab?

"
tryhardgg wrote:
I'll get the MTX from the new league and will be done with it . 24/40 might take me 1 week might take me 3-4 days depending on who is online .

After this i'll visit reddit and the forums to post that the lab is not fun untill they remove it .

So you will be posting that forever, since it is now a permanent and integral part of the game. I guess everyone needs a hobby.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I'll get the MTX from the new league and will be done with it . 24/40 might take me 1 week might take me 3-4 days depending on who is online .

After this i'll visit reddit and the forums to post that the lab is not fun untill they remove it .

good luck with that because it is now a permanent and integral part of the game
Get rid of labs!
how else would they gate points behind.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
If lab is the future and the devs keep pushing it down our throats I see no reason to continue with this game. Its been nice and all but enough is enough. Cant believe that I am replacing this with Blizzard products(not D3, Hearthstone and Overwatch)but thats how it is. Who else is throwing the towel because of a faulty design decision?

people complain game is stagnant, then people complain about changes. i guess whining on the forum is your right
In my eyes, leaving PoE due to ~30 minutes each league you find boring, is idiotic - at best. Principles starts wars. Stupid mindset.

If those ~30 minutes are what decides if you will play or not, you clearly do not like PoE for the get go.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I play very little these days due to how badly the game performs on my laptop (made it to level 80, did a few maps, and got 14 challenges during Perandus). Hopefully the optimizations they're advertising for this update will help with that. I will likely play even less if those don't change things for me. The expansion of the Labyrinth doesn't so much motivate me to play as it does drive me away.

Tried the maze a few times hoping it would go ok, but never turned out well. One time I made it past the 2nd form of Izaro, but my grampa needed help and I had to go... connection didn't stay. Just got fed up with re-starting and re-starting and re-starting due to anything that went wrong (only 2 deaths, one to Argus and getting stuck in a corner near a door and no matter where I clicked I wouldn't move, maybe it was lag..., once to a trap - wish there was arrow cursor movement instead of mouse movement)

While Ascendancies look nice on paper, they're not a practical goal for me, so I pretty much ignore they exist. Sadly, the game won't be ignoring them, and will be balanced around people having them... all the way up to 8 points. Otherwise, anyone who ascends would be too powerful for the game eventually.

One fix for the maze that would be a sort of compromise I could live with:

Add checkpoints to the maze to restart at when you get kicked from a run through connection dropping, perhaps before or after Izaro battles. These checkpoints would be activated per maze iteration, not permanent waypoints. To prevent disconnecting to be a way to return to town and refill flasks during a single fight, save Izaro health per battle conclusion, not mid-battle, so if a disconnection occurs during a battle, the next time the person enters the fight, they start fresh from the last saved health point (if I'm to believe Izaro's health carries over from battle to battle in single runs.) That way, even with bad connections, you can keep going at a later time. The pseudo-"hardcore" experience they want to force on casuals is lessened in severity. If they wanted to be really stubborn about it, the waypoint checkpoints may only be an option until you get your ascendancy points from that tier of the maze. (Normal, Cruel, Merciless, Map) After that, future runs for enchants wouldn't have checkpoints. Of course, it all resets when the maze changes, regardless of current progress.

Deaths in the maze forcing you to restart from scratch... still not happy about it... if it's not changed I won't be happy, but it wouldn't be the deal-breaker that the current implementation is.

As for ascendancy points being gated behind the maze... if the checkpoint system isn't adopted, lore-wise, didn't these "personas" (Gladiator, Slayer, etc) each attempt the maze and fail (paraphrasing their description: "survived the trials and stood before the gates, their power still lingering"? I'm assuming they failed because they didn't go on to become emperors...) Regardless of that lore, they could have dream-versions of these people greet those that are attempting the maze (standing at the gates), and offer their aid (knowledge and skills) or be forcibly integrated - perhaps similar to masters having their own side-areas, they could open a portal to 3 consecutive Izaro battles without the maze between them, but retaining all of the maze battle features. Notably, you can't get those reliquary items this way, so going through the maze would be a way to make these battles easier at the risk of the traps system, but also rewarded by the chests and enchants at the end.

Completion of the maze becomes about the enchants and opened chests at the end, while character progression isn't locked behind mechanics that are overly-harsh toward certain builds.

That's my take on it. While not quitting, it's certainly not making me want to stick around...

Edit: Clarification - I lumped all boot-to-login events into "connection lost" type scenarios, when often it also included "unexpected error occurred" which is not an internet stability issue. (only had a handful of actual "connection lost" problems that only occurred at work on wifi that had temporary wifi sessions that would drop... stopped trying maze at work... at home, I have a wired cable landline that doesn't have connection issues, but plenty of "unexpected error occurred" problems that happen way too often anyway.)
Last edited by Zaludoz on Jun 1, 2016, 9:25:36 AM
I'm not quitting poe but I am playing it WAY less than I used to once lab has been introduced. As a hardcore player only I hate having to play some platformer where traps deal % damage... not to mention having to do it 3 times (now 4).

Basically I hire people to finish the labs for me with currency and then have a blast in maps. However, once I RIP, the idea of having to do that shit again makes me not want to reroll. Had 1 character in Ascendancy and suspect I will only play 1 in Prophesy. All because of lab. :(
"
diamondsoul wrote:
I'm not quitting poe but I am playing it WAY less than I used to once lab has been introduced. As a hardcore player only I hate having to play some platformer where traps deal % damage... not to mention having to do it 3 times (now 4).

Basically I hire people to finish the labs for me with currency and then have a blast in maps. However, once I RIP, the idea of having to do that shit again makes me not want to reroll. Had 1 character in Ascendancy and suspect I will only play 1 in Prophesy. All because of lab. :(

Yeah that is pretty "hardcore."
"
diamondsoul wrote:

but u still have to do the traps yourself.

yes, at least u dont try IZARO+ traps, thats the only advantage to pay others

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info