Who else is not going to play PoE anymore because of the lab?

Dear PoE community,

who else is not going to play PoE anymore because of reflect/lab/map drop/shit uniques/ bad rng/6link never happens/ my wife left me/can't find trials/ etc...

Please, dear OP, do us a favor. GTFO and do what you like, lab is optional content, don't like - don't do it.

Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Lab is optional the same way passive points are optional.

If I had to run the lab every time I wanted to allocate or respec a passive point, you would make the same argument?
"

If I had to run the lab every time I wanted to allocate or respec a passive point, you would make the same argument?

Some quests are optional, but give passive points. Never saw anyone complain about them. You need to run lab only once. If you can't, hire someone who will carry you. Problem solved. 25 fucking pages of useless bullshit.
"
Manator wrote:

Some quests are optional, but give passive points. Never saw anyone complain about them. You need to run lab only once (4 times per character). If you can't, hire someone who will carry you. Problem solved. 25 fucking pages of useless bullshit.

FTFY

You didn't answer the question.

"

Answer that.
Last edited by PritzlPoppers on Jun 16, 2016, 2:22:25 PM
"
"
Manator wrote:

Some quests are optional, but give passive points. Never saw anyone complain about them. You need to run lab only once (4 times per character). If you can't, hire someone who will carry you. Problem solved. 25 fucking pages of useless bullshit.

FTFY

You didn't answer the question.

"

Answer that.

I don't understand your question. Before uber lab I had to run lab only once to gain all 6 pts. Even if you are right, lab run takes like what? 15 mins? Why don't you complain that you need to run same content 3 times (normal/cruel/merci/? Please enlighten me again, what is wrong with absolutely optional content?
"
Manator wrote:
I don't understand your question. Before uber lab I had to run lab only once to gain all 6 pts. Even if you are right, lab run takes like what? 15 mins? Why don't you complain that you need to run same content 3 times (normal/cruel/merci/? Please enlighten me again, what is wrong with absolutely optional content?

Which part of the question is confusing?

As in, the passive skill tree, with 123 max points. If they changed the game where you had to run a 15 minute instance every time you wanted to allocate a skill point, or respec a skill point, would you make the same argument that "the passive tree is optional"?

1+ here.

Over 1k hours of playtime, all on HC, very good game, but the traps make me to quit the game, die for traps is so unhappy. Grinding Gear Game, not Dodge Trap Game.
I hope on a change in the next big patch.
"
"
Manator wrote:

Which part of the question is confusing?

As in, the passive skill tree, with 123 max points. If they changed the game where you had to run a 15 minute instance every time you wanted to allocate a skill point, or respec a skill point, would you make the same argument that "the passive tree is optional"?

I'm sorry, english is not my native language. Maybe that confuses me. As I told you before, I don't think you need to run lab multiple times to allocate passive points. What are you respecing? Ascendancy points? What is your problem? You don't know where to put your passives? You don't know where to put your skill points? Use some offline simulator if you have no clue what are you doing and why.
25 pages of whining for the so called last stand of hardcore arpg gamer, jeez man

I remember when you had to man the fuck up alone to beat this one TMNT game, or you'd throw away 2x the price of a current AAA game. And you eventually did, because you knew what challenge was, and you trained and trained before with all your might, and once in a blue moon, you'd finally pass the unbeatable level, and you were filled with was seemed like and endless amount of joy, your muscles finally relaxing, shaking your hands and wiping off the sweat on your forehead. Expiring a long stream of air, you sat back and gazed at a cinematic, a cinematic you thought you were the very first one to see through so hard effort, so hard work. Then, the next level started, and you did it all over again. That is what hardcore gamer felt like once.

I actually don't remember, but you might get the point. If there is one, I just typed words more or less randomly.
Wait, I know you only need to run trials once per acct now or whatever...

But I didnt think that a new character in a new league only needs to run lab once on Merci for all six points? I thought this change back in perandus was about pre-existing characters or something...not new characters.

Can someone clarify if new characters created today only need to run it once @ merci for all 6 pts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info