Who else is not going to play PoE anymore because of the lab?

I was ok with the 3 basic labs. It was bit of grind to get the equipment thru RNG, but it was different style of play comparing to other content (bit of change is welcome too).

After they implemented 4th lab i totally lost will to play the game. Its RNG wall behind a RNG wall. The requierement to find trails at random in some maps and then find even more to get entry items is just radiculousl.

So you gotta have luck to find 6 trials, then have luck to find load of entries to roll all your equipment enchants (each time doing boring and annoying trial) and then go thru lab as addition to that.

If I could enter at will it would be totally different situation, just as with first 3 labs. Whenever I want I can try my luck with RNG fest, whenever I want i switch to other content of game. Now its forced to do maps in order to do lab with low ratio of trial appearing.
Welcome to the world of real games, where not everything is shove into your ass without putting an efford in at all. Ever thought about that exactly THIS is the purpose behind it? This is no Blizzard, where everybody can get everything without any efford at all. If you want to be at the real High-End you have to deserve it, not thrown at you. The Enchants are nice an can put 1-5% more DMG on your stats if you get the right one, yes, but they are NOT necessary and NOT build enabler. You can do every content in the game without them but still you have some kiddos thinking "It is there, i want it, and i do not want to do anything for it"

So again -> If you want to be on top, work your way up, in this game there is no escalator.
Quit the game because of the final lab. It is always tedious, but the first 3 are relatively easy to get through. The final one is complete and total BS and killed my enjoyment of my characters and made me not want to start new ones. If the goal was to lose players, then the lab will be even more successful with the addition of the final one.
Boo hoo how sad.
If you want a video game to hold your hand and tell you you're cool and special go play something else. I appreciate that Path of Exile, and the Labyrinth especially, is challenging and unique. The Labyrinth is a proper dungeon, built specifically to kill you, and you have to beat it.

If you can't beat the Labyrinth, you or your character are bad. Fix it and improve.
If you just "don't think it's fun" or whatever other nonsense, perhaps consider that you are projecting your inadequacy onto the game. The flow of playing in the Labyrinth is not terribly different from the rest of the game.
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
Welcome to the world of real games, where not everything is shove into your ass without putting an efford in at all.

I can't even imagine what kind of games you play, young padawan, but it sounds a kind of pervert.

Mr. Wilson is obviously reaching another heights in lack of creativity, incompetence and arrogance.
I, personally, completely skipped this kind of nonsense, called lab. Tried to play the actual game instead, just to hit the 5.4K latency spikes wall in HO, a.k.a optimization.
Been gone for an year, couldn't stand this parody for more than 4 days. Will check in an year if the optimization is optimized, lab is lobotomized, and power creep is strangled.

Best to all.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
All hope is lost. RUN!
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Yep, not playing either cuz of lab. Lab was criticized so much, especially the enchants (rewards) being soooo RNG... and they went ahead and made an even worse version of the lab instead of fixing... only GGG can be this dumb.

I'm pretty sure the end game lab was in the middle of development and they decided to add it into the league following perandus as they didn't have time
"
mouz wrote:
GGG don't go around giving free Ascendancy points, keep it behind LAB forever, or maybe even something worse.

All 8 Points from Uber Atziri... that'd be fun.

I'd rather run uber atziri 10 times than doing the lab 1 time! All points from uber atziri sounds good to me.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Aikeen86 wrote:
Welcome to the world of real games.

If POE is real game for you, then I am dissipointed of how low the gamers world went in terms of respect to player skill requierements in game.

Because let me enlighten you, being no lifer isnt equal of being good player or even being a gamer at all. That just means you have to much free time, not that you are good at games.

Being a gamer means you search for challange, and challange means that your own human skills are put to test. Those skills are reflex, fast decisions, speed, positiong, teamplay, adaptation, planing and so on.

PoE constist only the planing, with means planing your build, and most of players here copy-paste them anyway. So yeah " the world of real games". This world is still waiting till you find it. Small tip how to identify a real game, when you look at someone playing it on hard difficulty you will think "thats impossible for human to do". Because it will be impossible for you at start and maybe even after infinite time spent on playing it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info