[2.3][WIP][Slayer] Blade Vortex is a thing

Hey,

so apparently GGG is changing Slayer ascendancy class into something more versatile and it seems that utility wise, Duelist using Blade Vortex will be a thing now.

What does it offer:
- more AoE (+40% if my math is not wrong as always)
- DMG multiplier against trash mobs or add heavy boss encounters
- 2H dmg bonus if the text is accurate (but probably it should say melee dmg with 2H weapons)
- phys reflect reduction

There might be new angles how to build Blade Vortex starting Duelist, couple of ideas

Blood Magic non crit - to avoid using Mana flask, BM gem or invest a lot into mana

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAJstXzmK8MSCsKu-p2VNGbS9Ni2DFSAs6YazAO4qTT8nfVtH4l-YSsisRyLiWW2Kr26qUUykOc8ykBG18spKe8M1km-eX7D-j9i9gwmbtU3j_gpgQ8M6hMWmV7c-bj0qOCSLMZ6DzL6AD6s8LRa_g1_GriaVaox1_QthxPZh4vVvhG-vbK-ncqnIFNRCaPIczvcyotm1SPAfK1DqGLDYogANzfjrdqwEs_5U890Ucc9-wGZoZdl8Djw8BYIH3786Up_f73zbT7yf4MMYkSW8

More conservative crit version with dual curse late game

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdp5-lNVHa79GfowxwlSRDowHcO7Z34_VhqW7AGngNbzu18m6qNZJKyP6P2L0_J03j_gpfmKZX8kW3PlltOuFBh88y-eiCxyj6Hb64kzOHHNwD7uvujxp8g5rgMtERLUWdRUcsnFNSwGYFQgSzPAVBlqIAn9_vfK6z0PXwH0yzBAeXlSBug9tSU1AwVcY9X5f02146WG0ZCPQi9MBUbAtqQ5Mnf8YRlgceDkiVLl3y44Tw1SoLDdGP-klRcFJjQ-v1idNknYw28h1VS2HiJpUWvw-raox1_SSL9W-Eb8M6yBTUQio4otm1SLDYpwiPRpuhGGp4L3zlWAc=

Pathfinder will still have the poison utility to increase dmg on singe target. Assasin is probably still king in terms of pure Crit version, Trickster have utility for low life & cast speed while whirling around, but Slayer might be a thing with the extra AoE to cover whole screen. Maybe with Pledge of Hands to give up on Whirling Blades and go for 7L blade Vortex.

What you guys think, any ideas what might be optimal way to build Slayer Blade Vortex for 2.3 Prophecy League?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jun 13, 2016, 9:02:47 AM
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2016, 4:53:58 PM
Why dont u use The harvest ?
use p2l gem . u have constantly >18% lifeleech and 16% mana leech for non legacy-vov. U can free bloodmagic gem for a damage gem.
Combine with acuity and the retch for whopping dam and leech.
And I dont think Slayer need combo voll + romira for protection against pdam reflect. But i think u can use that for p dam protection ?
The only awkward thing is most small node in slayer ascendance not support for bv.
Last edited by T_Speed on May 30, 2016, 6:54:08 AM
Harvest is problematic since it's legacy. Always a risk to build towards something that might never come. Same goes with Atziri's Acuity, hard to get within first week, i want the build to be fast clearing early league. Unless you mean the other Acuity.

Vessel of Vinktar with Phys to Lightning is something i will want to go towards. My other WIP passive tree takes Elemental Overload which would be up basically always considering the amount of hits and crit rolls of Blade Vortex. But in case of full conversion, Templar might be actually better choice with the res penetration.

And the small nods in Slayer. Actually, in case that i will go standard way with dagger for mobility, the amount of attack speed on the tree is ridiculous for Whirling Blades.

Probably most optimal links for vortex are still

For a 5L with both duration nods on the passive tree
Spell Echo + Controled Destruction + Increased AoE + Phys to Lightning

For a 5L with one set duration nods
Spell Echo + Controled Destruction + Phys to Lighting + Inc.Duration

As a 6L not sure. I am thinking with Faster Casting since Duelist have basically no cast speed, but with Onslaught pot and Vaal Haste it might not be necessary

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on May 30, 2016, 7:48:53 AM
I was thinking of a CI/crit version (softcore):

poeurl.com/Eat

Took quite a bit of mana nodes; maybe gonna replace them with the flask you mentioned.

Also what Ascendency points to get? I guess "Headsman" and "Endless Hunger" are set.
But what to get last? You think i need "Brutal Fervour" if no Vaal Pact, also for stun resist.
Or just go "Impact" for 20% inc AOE?
Actually, i would not take the Endless Hunger. Maybe as 7th and 8th Ascendancy points. Impact is pretty much a must, or something i would take first for sure. It will improve the quality of life very much at the end of normal.

This is idea for "regular" low life switch with dual curse

poeurl.com/Ebp

But for low life there is much to build around, since the pathing towards quality ES nodes is pretty much set.

As I plan to be leveling as Blade Vortex from the start (maybe at some point to swap to Blade Fall temporarily) , pathing would be probably like

lvl 20ish

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAJstXzmK8MSCsKu-p2VNvTZuadX4GbQtgxUgLOmGswDuKk0_J1-YWW3PMkrIiq-QEXvD

lvl 40ish

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAJstXzmK8MSCsKu-p25pZU0ZtNX4vTYtgxUgLOmGswDuKk0_J31bX5hKyKxHWW2Kr26qUUzPMpARtfLKSnvDNZJfsP6P2L2btU3jwzqExaZXJIsxng-rFr8mlXX9YeKEb9RCtUg=

lvl 60ish

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAAJstXzmK8MSCsKu-p25pZU0ZtNX4vTYtgxUgLOmGswDuKk0_J31bX5hKyKxHWW2Kr26qUUzPMpARtfLKSnvDNZJfsP6P2L2btU3jwzqExaZXJIsxng-rFr8mlXX9YeKEb9RCtUhvnoMJRnG0DMrTvoqhL5MnbAsi9G0Zl_RSUz1fCPTAVGpDl5VMs9Af7-sEB4PbVcY=

and then either convert into CI, low life or grab all life around.

I will try to snipe for alch or something this again :)

It improved my leveling in Perandus very much, since i could just stand in front of every boss and spam vortex without any problems.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on May 30, 2016, 2:22:13 PM
I haven't looked at all the variants, but yes, I believe Slayer BV will be strong contender to the other choices. I'm going life and crit with dual curse, at least to start. My planned tree is pretty much identical to one posted in the OP.
"
Marxone wrote:

As a 6L not sure. I am thinking with Faster Casting since Duelist have basically no cast speed, but with Onslaught pot and Vaal Haste it might not be necessary

Onslaught pot? Slayer gets 20s onslaught on kill. Unless you mean for bosses.
Ye, mainly for bosses, I have Trio in my mind, that requires some prep work before you charge and in ideal conditions instagib that tittybitch. Maybe for Izaro farm in the endgame lab. On certain conditions there are no adds, so it is convenient to have onslaught on po. Also there is the new one with curse/stun/freeze immunity. I will probably get that asap to merge 2 utilities in one flask (curse and freeze).

To maintain Onslaught, many encounters now have some adds, so ye, at that point, running Onslaught pot will be meaningless for general map running.

3.13 was the golden age.
I really wanna try BV for my 1st HC league char, but im not sure if i should go slayer or assassin, also have no clue which tree to go, suggestions?
Yes, that's the kind of question that is very hard to answer. Blade Vortex seems to be very versatile in terms of what tree to take and what utility to choose for defense.

I kinda like the Gladiator with Block , seems HC viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666602

I played in Perandus (SC) as Trickster, and leveling as Shadow has many advantages - you have the dmg nodes from the start and you instagib blue packs with just 6-8 charges between lvl 12-30 and then are able to maintain 12-18 charges without a problem at 31+ with inc. duration by taking the path toward the duration nod (so, the dmg is already overkill with just 4L)

I think Blade vortex will have many flavours in next league. I can also picture taking Acro with crit Blade Vortex with focus on frenzy charges to get another multiplier.

For HC, despite everything, i would probably pick still Ranger with the flask OP OP Pathfinder and try to go for tree with possible low life / CI transition (so pathing trhough right towards Witch and ditching Templar area.

But since my plan is SC, i am pretty much decided to go HUGE aoe with Slayer + Divinarius + Carcass Jack and taking aoe in both Templar and Witch to be bigger than a screen. As def mechanics i will take MoM and Vaal pact. Ditching crit and go speed running low tier maps (8-11)

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info