[2.5] "The Kärcher" Lightning Strike Deadeye. Extreme Clear Speed. 75%/74% Dodge A/S

Sure, and after 2.4 the spawn of elemental reflect mobs got increased (a lot) it seems.
Last edited by mas_mariano on Sep 29, 2016, 9:12:31 AM
instead of physical projectile, isn't it better to put physical melee damage? because the projectiles damage is based on the initial hit?
No, any melee modifier doesn't apply to projectiles and this build is entirely based on scaling projectile damage from Lightning Strike. Don't be deceived by information on tooltip. Quote wiki:

"

It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals x% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots projectiles, which deal 75% of the attack damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage).

This means that increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage Support will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception. Do not be deceived by the tooltip DPS of this skill which will change if you apply a melee-exclusive modifier; the tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee portion of the attack and things that modify that, but not the projectile part of the attack.

ty,
it's sometimes difficult to calculate the damage if it's not written
Hello! Sorry for the noob question, but.. What's the best way to deal with the Elemental reflects?
And congrats, the build seems very fun to play. Best regards!
Thanks! Elemental reflect mod map cannot be done. About elemental reflect mobs, I don't remember having any particular problem with it after I removed Physical to Lightning from Lightning Strike setup.

Is true that after 2.4, spawn of elemental reflect mobs got increased, and maybe a flask is needed according to highest elemental damage we got.
Q:I'm curious due to the fact that it is available. The Hinekora's Sight is on the market and so I'd like to know if it would be worth getting over this ammy:

How do I get better single target dmg?
-----------
Review from LS 91 character:
Currently looking for a coral ring to give me a great boost in life. I'll look for WeD/flat atk and res for that (and some int cos the lapis is the major source of that attribute).
I'd also like to recommend putting a steel ring base with good rolls onto it as well if currency permits (great ring for phys period).
When I reach level 93 I'm going to socket into a jewel socket near the shadow (plus a bit more int cos I got trouble with int but if you don't give a look at the duelist jewel slot for more str). The jewel I'll probably try to roll is 7% max life and wed/phys cos anything else isn't all that needed(though I'm really considering getting vitality void when life pool improves).
On my boots:

I put life and mana leech so I wouldnt need to put more points to the vitality void area. Keeps life in check.
---
Note:I realized that I put an extra point on the Fury Bolts area and will respec the speed and dmg to put a point on life leech for 10% increased life leech per second
---
Also, I put Vaal Haste so I can go a tad quicker throughout the area and kill some bosses faster (useless when it comes to uber lab but izario just needs to be kited and learn the limits and you'll be fine). Immortal call works really well for me given phys is the Achilles heal of this build. As much as I'd want to keep frost wall it gets in the way of (in the case you are) in a groups.
Gloves:

The best enchant for gloves is the Com of Reflection on Hit (in my opinion). Basically another CwdT decoy totem that could draw aggro and could save your life greatly.
I also keep blood rage on inc dur cos I don't like to cast it often given that I always have my pinky on shift for my main and curse attacks anything more would be a little cumbersome for me.
Flasks Currently:

I feel safer with the extra duration on the topaz given I could hit a reflect at random and would be immune given that I'd be over capped on light res
---
Rest of gear:

---
Preference is high in this build or so I think it to be. Still rolling with two binos and it doesn't hold you back too much but def need high roll phys and crit with Bleed on hit would be better for consistant dmg and obvi bleed. Currently have 87.3k dmg I think with just HoA, Hatred and Ice Golem. Likely will go down (though greatly unsure given the amount of acc) if Hinekora's Sight does become a factor for better survivability.
Also, I'm also trying to craft a corrupt LS for an extra proj so i'd have 11 instead of 10 but this is just for fun! Along side other dmg gems thats linked for the main skill.

I'd love some feedback on my plans!
Only maps I have trouble with bosses from the Vault(the proj speed kills my frames sometimes which leads to death by circle forces!), Shaped Racecourse(horse bosses reflect your ele dmg when you dont pay attention) and Gorge (if you dont dodge you die by hooves to the face and body). Also keep in mind that I got 4.6k so I'm just a baddie with my life pool but I still get these done deathless (kite life is the way to go). Haven't done the Guardians yet.
Last edited by DerekLeStrange on Oct 7, 2016, 11:51:22 AM
I personally will choose Hinekora's because +10% dodge A/S is really good for survivability. Plus the cannot be blinded and huge accuracy boost makes it an overall great choice. Prices now on league are pretty cheap too.

With Hinekora's I got 90.4K tooltip DPS (auras, golem but no buffs) and with rare amulet linked on post I got 91.5K, so damage loss is not important at all.

Plus, against cases like Uber Izaro, you can stack dodge from amulet and flask, since you can't count on Vaal Grace. While on any other situation you could avoid using Quartz and pick Jade for great evasion boost.

As for the rest, life is really important and your main priority. I got 5K at level 90. Plus a nice "Causes Bleeding on Hit" rare dagger.

Then, one thing that I really liked was LS +3 projectiles enchant (2ex now on poe.trade), was really worthy. I pay 1.5ex on Prophecy league and was a nice improvement imo.

About improving single target damage, my impression with this build is that it was high enough. Your damage truly shines when enemies are near off-screen, plus safest way to deal with hard bosses.

Another thing you could try is fit somewhere Ancestral Protector for boss fights, maybe removing Faster Casting on Frost Wall that doesn't seems too mandatory.

I will really appreciate if you continue sharing your experience against new bosses. I played this league with another build of mine and I wasn't able to test this build yet on Atlas. Thanks!

PS: what about elemental reflect mobs? I got the impression that they spawn a lot more on 2.4. Topaz with increased duration works well enough for you?
"
mas_mariano wrote:

About improving single target damage, my impression with this build is that it was high enough. Your damage truly shines when enemies are near off-screen, plus safest way to deal with hard bosses.

Another thing you could try is fit somewhere Ancestral Protector for boss fights, maybe removing Faster Casting on Frost Wall that doesn't seems too mandatory.

I will really appreciate if you continue sharing your experience against new bosses. I played this league with another build of mine and I wasn't able to test this build yet on Atlas. Thanks!

PS: what about elemental reflect mobs? I got the impression that they spawn a lot more on 2.4. Topaz with increased duration works well enough for you?

I took frost wall out of the build for my own sake of frames and party members. My Cwdt is immortal call, inc duration, vaal haste. Phys is a nightmare and my life is low so I think this is a good set-up for those with a low life pool. The mana/life leech (an additional 0.4% with 10% increased life leeched per sec does make a difference with my set-up) nodes along side with my boots give me great sustain when having close quarters with bosses like the trio in the Excavation map.
Elemental reflect mobs have no effect on me anymore because of the 81% light res cap (even if i take dmg I don't one shot my self but I am careful when tasked to kill them). The duration def helps. Surgeon's was used but didnt feel that it lasted long enough though generating charges weren't a problem. I currently have no problems with any reflect mobs (other than the bosses that do reflect but needs more testing just to be sure).
I spam freely while during the flask effect and haven't had a single problem.
---
To anyone interesting buying
try to find one with +16 attri (least that was the case in my book because I needed it) and with low dodge rolls on poe.trade they should be going for 3-5 chaos (perfect rolls are going for 2-3ex) at the time i'm writing this. I bought mine for 5c then divined it to get perfect rolls. May luck be with you if you chose to do so (took me 2 div orbs).
---
Going to spec into a jewel slot just to get 15% phys and percent life (maybe some inc dmg%% or whatever else I might roll on my jewel). Though I would like to test Vitality Void when I have at least 5k+ life.
Thanks for the answer, gratz on perfect hinekora's!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info