[2.3] 2H Sword Crit Flicker Strike/Cyclone (Vaal pact/Acro)

Slayer in Prophecy is surely among the class that got the best buff. Hence, I decide to make a build with Slayer and will be playing this character in the upcoming challenge league.

Slayer Perks That I choose:

Gears
Spoiler
We will also be using a crit 2H sword.

Best base is Exquisite Blade.

I have not made a character in Standard to test out the build so I do not have a good example. But what you are looking for is highest pdps, high AS, high Crit. Bonus good stats are: crit multi, accuracy.

Chest of choice will be a rare chest with life and res.

Some unique chests that can be used:

Helms of choice are:

Glove of choice is:

Boot of choice is:

Rings of choice are Rare Diamond ring.

Rings, Amulet, Belt will be for filling resistances with high life roll.

Good stats on Rings and Amulets are: Crit chance, flat phys, Crit multi(for amulet), WED

That is it for gears, now we come to actual gems and links.

GEM setups
Spoiler
RRRRGB or RRRGBB: Flicker Strike + Multistrike + Melee Phys + Phys to Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage (+ Added Fire) - Added fire if use Abyssus, Crit multi if rats nest
RRGGBB: Cyclone + Concentrated Effect + Melee Phys + Phys to Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage (+ Faster Attack)
RRRG: Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Blood Magic + Endurance Charge on Stun
GGBB: Herald of ice + Curse on hit + Assassin's Mark + Ice Bite
RRRG: Immortal Call(low level) + Increased Duration + Cast when Damage Taken(low level) + Vaal haste
In new leagues, I will not be able to get 2 6L early so I will put Blood Rage on either weapon or chest, whichever has open slots.

Skill Tree

Charges
Spoiler

with Herald of Ice + Ice bite and Blood Rage to generate frenzy charges.

Use Herald of Ice + Curse on hit + Assassin's mark to generate power charges.

Use Leap Slam + Endurance Charges on Stun to generate endurance charges.

to quickly get charges during maps.

Unique Flasks
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak Oak Alira
Can get extra frency charges in Merc

I will be updating this build throughout the first few days in Prophecy League, and any major changes that I make later on.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Myraklus on Jun 1, 2016, 8:59:28 PM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2016, 10:24:04 PM
Hi I am planning on making a very similar build.

My tree is very similar to yours (btw you have a messed up point over Thick skin).

I might level up using earthquake since it is alot stronger as a skill with less budget right now.

Oh also are you sure phys to lightning is a great idea? I was trying to avoid that to utilize the new minus reflect damage ascendancy.
Last edited by Zionyx on Jun 1, 2016, 6:48:42 PM
"
Zionyx wrote:
Hi I am planning on making a very similar build.

My tree is very similar to yours (btw you have a messed up point over Thick skin).

I might level up using earthquake since it is alot stronger as a skill with less budget right now.

Oh also are you sure phys to lightning is a great idea? I was trying to avoid that to utilize the new minus reflect damage ascendancy.

Thanks for that! Updated skill tree.

I am not sure atm, really need to play the build to see how it feels. It can easily be replaced with crit multi. Or on 5L use added fire instead.
Last edited by Myraklus on Jun 1, 2016, 9:01:03 PM
Hey, I largely followed your build because it seemed like an awesome idea and I have a few questions regarding your experiences with it and how to further build it. :)

I made a variation with Hiltless (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shaileen/characters character name is Ikki_Ikki) using only Cyclone because I played Flicker last league. Because of the reflected damage I didn't want to forgo the regeneration you get with Blooddance and didn't skill Vaal pact, but it seems that I overestimated the effect it has. Right now I have 2% lifeleech and 6.5% reg/s (+stonegolem), but when I'm against single mobs like bosses I can barely sustain myself and any large hit has to be healed with flasks. Would Vaal pact help a lot with this issue?

You didn't pick any aura besides HoI, which one would you take? (because Hiltless provides Blood Magic I don't need mana) I have 18k dps (pretty low because only 4 link) and tried Hatred (3k), Anger and Haste, but they didn't really provide a lot of dps - I guess Hatred doesn't because phys isn't really scaled high (I'm also not sure about the interaction with Phys to Lightning support - do I get the cold damage from Hatred before 50% of it is converted into lightning or after?). I'm even thinking about going Blasphemy - Assassin's Mark because I noticed that the power charge regeneration is a bit unsatisfying, I only get the HoI explosion on really low hp mobs. Taking that would also make it possible to take another 35% aura like Purity of Lightning because I want to go for a Coil.

Why did you choose those specific cyclone supports? Any specific reasons for the Phys to Lightning Support? With Faster Attacks instead of it I get 3k dps more, but a) I would prefer to attack harder, not faster because of the Hiltless effect and b) I guess you always shock when you crit. Though I heard that most mobs have a sizeable elemental resistance, but barely any armour.

Thanks for any answer and tip you might have! :)
Current league chars: Bladestorm Champion SSF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info