LiftingNerdBro Reveals Three New Unique Jewels!

"
Catharsis wrote:
It's possible that each subsequent jewel doesn't affect previous jewels but has exponential growth.
The same way passives don't affect previous passives taken.

Meaning if all elemental damage jewels:

Jewel 1: 6%
Jewel 2: 12%
Jewel 3: 18% etc.

So the result at 10 elemental jewels would be 330% rather than 600% increased damage.

It would certainly make more sense balance wise than the monstrosity it's been presented as.

The jewels don't have exponential but quadratic growth. (6%*x² for ele jewel, for example)
The way you describe would also be (a lower) quadratic growth. ( 6%*x*(x+1)/2 for ele jewel)
But the wording would have to be quite different for your version.

Quadratic growth is no problem per se - as an analogy crit nodes increase two different stats(chance/mult) which multiply, so they are pretty similar to quadratic growth.
Could still be that the values on the jewels are too high.
My impression is they are strong if you build for them, but probably not op - because you sacrifice a lot to get the number of jewel slots where these start to shine.

edit: Another possibility where they could be op is them giving stats which are pretty scarce on the tree otherwise: flat armor, flat mana, unspecific ele damage.

So now you can scale stuff like RF and DD which previously had the problem of limited availibility of unspecific fire damge on the tree.
Last edited by gonaldinho on May 30, 2016, 5:50:51 PM
Sounds like build bait for Scions... Not hating it though...

EDIT: Just give us some flat and/or % INT and ES of these babies and my CI Whipsering Ice MoM build will be happy :D
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
Last edited by Dark_Reaper115 on May 30, 2016, 5:51:19 PM
"
gonaldinho wrote:
"
Catharsis wrote:
It's possible that each subsequent jewel doesn't affect previous jewels but has exponential growth.
The same way passives don't affect previous passives taken.

Meaning if all elemental damage jewels:

Jewel 1: 6%
Jewel 2: 12%
Jewel 3: 18% etc.

So the result at 10 elemental jewels would be 330% rather than 600% increased damage.

It would certainly make more sense balance wise than the monstrosity it's been presented as.

The jewels don't have exponential but quadratic growth. (6%*x² for ele jewel, for example)
The way you describe would also be (a lower) quadratic growth. ( 6%*x*(x+1)/2 for ele jewel)
But the wording would have to be quite different for your version.

Quadratic growth is no problem per se - as an analogy crit nodes increase two different stats(chance/mult) which multiply, so they are pretty similar to quadratic growth.
Could still be that the values on the jewels are too high.
My impression is they are strong if you build for them, but probably not op - because you sacrifice a lot to get the number of jewel slots where these start to shine.

I don't know about that, my build sacrifices like 12% life from potential jewels and gets over 400% increased damage with this.
This stupid jewel makes 90% of the tree irrelevant if you ask me, might as well just take everything out and keep the jewel and life/es nodes.
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on May 30, 2016, 5:51:21 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7TfiSdfXXvemJa_rpEDe4O9qPfmMjw_MWjihUgDY0j9izpLYNbr4d2TZKNfYazAO4ZtBR1Tirjn2egMHwqTb6n5eZM_yPTSn1RRz8nZU2cxEMxbyc31I2_Ssi9Nrci2sGaauCf7T8FtdQjiq9uqkd-LlN07QVmGo3o1jBxkBG18oTZ028FLVsmIurdqHvDNZJ4DXrvf_vDOkt4_o_YvcAam7UqODpCTeP-Cm87hMWmV_JFtz464UGHg8z56DwtGDyCx4NfvSco-hhWuJMc3Ovujxqa4IUypwhFndgkU1I2xVZIHwIEB4PbVcY6WA==

Check this one out
188% life, 11 sockets, ez max dodge/spell dodge, buffed flask charge gain and duration, 30+% movespeed, perma onslaught/phasing, MoM for 10k+ EHP, 495 flat mana, 550%+ele dmg, ~90% increased mana, EO included. Vaal pact with leech included for life and mana.

Flicker/firepen/multistrike/splash/WED/Fortify

10k+EHP, max dodge/spell dodge, perma onslaught/fortify, lightning coil, movespeed, "More" bonuses to evasion, pretty good leveling tree...not bad for a rough draft eh?
Last edited by Akibatsu on May 30, 2016, 7:16:53 PM
Those jewels are completly retarded

its sure fun and lot of people gonna try it out

but the meta is not gonna change and people wll be back on normal build

so for those who already know how this is going to be just make sure to scam some exalted out of this sh*t
"
Those jewels are completly retarded

its sure fun and lot of people gonna try it out

but the meta is not gonna change and people wll be back on normal build

so for those who already know how this is going to be just make sure to scam some exalted out of this sh*t

What is "normal build" ?
I think builds just went full retard with these jewels.
Even if they end up costing 3 ex a piece if they are t1 drop,the dps one could achieve with 15 of them is nowhere to be found on the tree.
they should limit the jewels to 10.
Lol, these jewels are powerful but completely fine. Do you realize that you cannot stack 10 armor and 10 mana, and 10 elemental jewels at once? With 7 elemental jewels you achieve what? 7x6x7? That's 294% damage or 42% per jewel. You can achieve same with any 3 mod rare jewels if you wish, be it physical or elemental. People crying on phys damage? Go on, stack phys damage+phys damage+melee damage+aoe damage, that's potentially up to 56%+ damage per jewel! Want spell damage? Go on spell damage+fire/cold/lightning/phys+spell damage+aoe damage, same up to 56% per jewel. Where is the problem. Of course such jewels are rare as fuck, but I expect these jewels as t1 unique drop. Good luck on "another 1c jewel". Ppl are retards nowadays.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Manator on May 30, 2016, 11:34:22 PM
"
Sounds like build bait for Scions... Not hating it though...

EDIT: Just give us some flat and/or % INT and ES of these babies and my CI Whipsering Ice MoM build will be happy :D

Imagine if these were simply 10 flat int.

1000 int with 10 of these.

Oh hey, free 200% ES and stacking WI to the moon!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info