The return of the MapChunk Exception

Hi,

haven't played this game for a long time. I've just recently installed it again to play the new act, but something must have changed in the memory handling meanwhile. While in the old days, I've been running into that MapChunk exception only once in a while after playing for hours, I do now get it on loading any 2nd map:

I'm about to give up, any tips how I could play the game regardless? Unfortunately I only own a 32bit Win7 license (which runs on a 64 bit CPU with a decent graphcs card). I've already killed any non-mandatory processes to free whatever RAM i could, but remaining RAM doesn't seem to be the issue.

EDIT: Gonna try out that -gc 2 switch from the sticky section.
Last edited by warranty_void on May 29, 2016, 6:16:08 PM
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2016, 7:23:20 PM
Hey warranty_void,

This Error message is usually in relation to a lack of available physical memory, or corruption within the game files.

In order to help isolate the issue, please preform a Pack Check, instructions can be found here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

As you have mentioned, it may also help to add -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target if you're playing on the standalone client, or your Launch Options if you're using the Steam Client.

Feel free to update this thread if you are still experiencing this issue.
Alternatively just wait less than a week for the update which should eliminate this error all together
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 29, 2016, 7:15:43 PM
Thanks alot for quick reply, I am running the standalone client. I've just run the PackCheck.exe with result "Done. All file hashes are in sync.". Unfortunately also the gc switch (=garbage collect?) didn't seem to make any difference. Here's a system overview during exception (sorry for large image, scroll right for more details):

There still seems to be free memory available. What could cause the exception? Memory fragmentation?
Last edited by warranty_void on May 29, 2016, 8:02:45 PM
Bump: Unfortunetly I'm still not able to play - is there any chance that there will be a fix for this in the future?
"
warranty_void wrote:
Bump: Unfortunetly I'm still not able to play - is there any chance that there will be a fix for this in the future?

Are you incapable of reading? next big patch i said, go look at the front page stuff on the Prophecy and what it adds
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Are you incapable of reading?

Sorry, I somehow must have missed your post! Btw: Way to go, insulting potential new players and donators. You are showing some great social skills there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info