What would you have done?

PM'd a guy about buying Agnerod West and he gave it to me for free.

I told him thanks and he asked about my build and gave me a 450 es shield for free as well as a divine and an exalt orb. He said he was done with Perandus and proceeds to give me a few more minor items which I put in my stash and thank him profusely.

His friend(?) jumps into his hideout and I get another trade request from the guy. He drops a 700+ ES tri res 6 link chest, Varunastra sword, several gems 18-21 level all with 20% quality a Rumi's and Vinktar flask and trades it right over to me.

I replied that I was absolutely stunned and he says HOLY SHIT, give that back I traded the wrong guy. Being a nice guy I traded all the items back to him and kind of chuckled that he made the mistake. I bet he was sweating bullets for a second there.

He ended up giving me a shit ton of maps and a bunch of other minor currency and a few other items.

Be honest, how many of you would've been like "thanks for the free fish" and logged the hell off with all that gear? I'll admit for about 3 seconds I thought about the cut throat nature of PoE but my conscience got the better of me and I did what I always do, the nice thing.

Here is the majority of what he gave me.
Spoiler
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Last edited by viciousnugget on May 30, 2016, 6:34:12 AM
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 1:51:52 AM
I would have given it back normally, but who knows, if I had a bad day maybe I would have just kept it, said thanks and left.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
viciousnugget wrote:
PM'd a guy about buying Agnerod West and he gave it to me for free.

I told him thanks and he asked about my build and gave me a 450 es shield for free as well as a divine and an exalt orb. He said he was done with Perandus and proceeds to give me a few more minor items which I put in my stash and thank him profusely.

His friend(?) jumps into his hideout and I get another trade request. He drops a 700+ ES tri res 6 link chest, Varunastra sword, several gems 18-21 level all with 20% quality a Rumi's and Vinktar flash and trades it right over to me.

I replied that I was absolutely stunned and he says HOLY SHIT, give that back I traded the wrong guy. Being a nice guy I traded all the items back to him and kind of chuckled that he made the mistake. I bet he was sweating bullets for a second there.

He ended up giving me a shit ton of maps and a bunch of other minor currency and a few other items.

Be honest, how many of you would've been like "thanks for the free fish" and logged the hell off with all that gear? I'll admit for about 3 seconds I thought about the cut throat nature of PoE but my conscience got the better of me and I did what I always do, the nice thing.
The possessions of players that play a temporary league are less valuable than those of a permanent. This is the reason you will usually find more generous players in temp leagues than permanent leagues. The temporary league community is usually filled with best community poe has to offer.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
The possessions of players that play a temporary league are less valuable than those of a permanent. This is the reason you will usually find more generous players in temp leagues than permanent leagues. The temporary league community is usually filled with best community poe has to offer.
Yea, I know. I play a majority on the permanent league and the items he traded over were better than what I have accrued in all my time here. I really was stunned when he traded that, my jaw dropped. haha

That guy was awesome and I'm glad for all the free stuff. Hell, I was thrilled with the free agnerod staff let alone the currency and maps and free 6 link and crown of eyes. Never had a CoE until now. That guy really just made my day.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Lol I would have given it back. Back when you could trade items in Diablo 3 a friend and I used to save up good items from our playtime, join public games, and just throw stuff on the ground for others to pick up.

We called it playing 'treasure goblin santa' because we would stop some where, drop a few items, then scurry around waiting for the players to follow. A lot of times we'd leave the stuff unidentified so they could enjoy identifying it.
I probably would have given it back, but if they started being really rude about it I would have been really tempted to keep it. The way they said "give that back" would have annoyed me a little bit.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I probably would have given it back, but if they started being really rude about it I would have been really tempted to keep it. The way they said "give that back" would have annoyed me a little bit.
Count yourself among the easily annoyed. I could see it from his point of view, thought he was gifting shit to a friend and made a huge mistake and had a little panic.

He had already given me an exalt and a divine and the item I PM'd him to purchase for free. I made out pretty well. No lie I would have loved every single item he put in my inventory though. It was amazing gear.
15 years ago in Ultima Online I was hanging out by the Brit bank next to someone showing off their ethereal rideable giant beetle. They had just been introduced to the game and not many had one.

I don't remember what line of conversation led up to it, but he dismounted. In UO when you dismount an ethereal pet, it becomes an item in your inventory. And at that time, if your inventory was full, it would drop to the ground at your feet, free for anyone to pickup.

It dropped.. he didn't notice as fast as I did, and I grabbed it, teleported away, logged out, logged back in on another character and went back to the back to watch them freak out!

So... who knows what I would do if the same situation came up, now 15 years later.
I used to give ppl free shit but then they want to thank you and chat you up. Conversation is longer than I want.

And yes I'd give it back. Honest mistake.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 29, 2016, 7:06:17 PM
I don't value game items enough to be an ass over it.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info