Whos ready to do 12 acts again?

Here's an idea: if you hate the new character / new league grind, don't play in the new league; if you hate the grind in general, you're playing the wrong genre.
Highest Character: Level 92 86% Block/Static Strike Champion - Abyss League
I get bored of the grind around 90, probably won't ever get a higher character.
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Whos ready to do 12 acts again?

Did you seriously expected to reach more answers with this one than lab haters popular forum threads ? :D

Except irony:

It could be 13.

All will obey.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Hell yes I am!
Can't wait to test a hidden potential build...
By the way, which class would be best for hidden potential? I was thinking about ranger... but not sure.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
mfw Chris said they won't be dropping any difficulties until they're ready to drop both cruel and merciless together in order to get a single playthrough game. This means cruel and merc are here to stay until act 7 or so... fug :-DDD
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
mfw Chris said they won't be dropping any difficulties until they're ready to drop both cruel and merciless together in order to get a single playthrough game. This means cruel and merc are here to stay until act 7 or so... fug :-DDD

This leaves ONE choice I must convince the family head to give me 700 grand THEN GIVE IT TO CHRIS WILSON

MUAHAHAH
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
YAY!!! Well cept nobody really fully finishes act 4 in merc I suppose but close enough.

Fucking terrible wtb endless ledge grind.

+1

GGG really did miss the mark with Act 4, then followed up being farther off the bulls-eye with The Labyrinth. If daily player rates are an indication of popularity then Ascendancy and Perandus League are a success (we only have Steam numbers to go by but I always at least double that for a closer total daily count). I know Perandus League was a very polarizing temp league. The "casuals" (aka time limited) player (such as myself) loved it as it allows us to get in on some of the great gear needed for sustaining mapping into the higher tiers. The elites, grind veterans, and commodity flippers hated it as it made their top tier status gear less rare and thus less valuable so prices fell which is great for the slaving masses of exiles but not for top grinders.

I posted a while back that GGG should have awarded 1 passive point for Normal, 2 for Cruel, and 3 for Merc Malachai kills. That would easily incentivize the Malachai fight and make us want to finish Merc Belly of The Beast. Of course GGG doesn't seem to want to fix game play problems when a player has a good or great suggestion. GGG just forges ahead (sometimes blindly) to get the next temp league and update patch pushed out. It's not in their plans to go back and fix some of the major game mechanics that aren't working well, such as no incentive at all to take on Merc Malachai so everyone skips right to maps. At least GGG is doing some bug fixes for The Lab and making The Trials only needing to be done once per league so at least that is a step in the right direction.

One of the major flaws GGG has with boss battles is dumping us into an empty battle arena with no where to take cover. Then on top of the empty arena they add insult to all evasion builds with arenas that are way too small such as act 4 Piety (on top of which GGG broke continuity as we already killed her in Act 3. And no GGG, playing the resurrection card to explain why she is even around in Act 4 is very lame. The story line would have been better served if Piety had stayed dead in the Lunaris Temple.) Anyway, the best battle arena is the Grand Arena (with enough size and with objects to take cover when needed) followed by the Act 3 Piety battle arena. The small empty battle arenas are just a proving ground for how tanky your build must be to survive and not so much on superior playing skills.

Enough said (some would probably say too much). So be it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 29, 2016, 9:55:47 PM
^ I like what was written above. Don't really need to add much.

But hey, at least this league we only have to do 12.5 Acts one time (counting Lab as 0.5 and no one does Merc Act 4), the rest of the time, other chars are 11. That can be a step in the right direction.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
An "Exploration Mode" would be great in the future if ever GGG makes something like that happen. Like if I finished ALL the quest and side quests with a single or two or even 3 characters in all 3 difficulties then my next character can just freely go anywhere with no quest or difficulty restrictions(quests are still active and you can do them anytime you want) or something like Diablo 3's Adventure Mode.

Act 1 is probably my favorite of all in terms of transition. Stuff that I don't like doing each time I make a new character: Act 2's Vaal Temple access - the go through the forest and bandits part and in Act 3 it's the sewers bit that annoys me haha.

I hope GGG can streamline this in the future.
"
grepman wrote:
d2 vanilla had 12 acts
d2 lod had 15 acts

players took it and liked it.

suck it up

Assholes in the past lived without electricity - how about you give it a try.

Suck it up.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:55:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info