How much longer before GGG make the game harder again, if ever? (with strawpoll)

Prior to now, I, and many others on this forum have chimed in on discussions on game difficulty with the following paraphrased sentiments:

"Sure, the game is on the easy side now, but give them time. They always make the game harder again after a couple patches."

Don't look now, but...uh...it's been a couple patches since Ascendancy - and what we've seen spoiled from Prophecy so far doesn't seem to indicate an increase in difficulty. Is this the new normal? Will Act 5 continue the precedent set by the Act 3-X and Act 4 patches that humbled players with their difficulty spikes?

Or do these consecutive patches represent a shift in game direction by GGG?

When, if ever, will GGG make the game more difficult?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10342829

My answers

Spoiler
I think this is a new game direction - a bit easier, a bit more accessible to players who put in the time. I also think this is a good thing. Players who want more of a challenge can always find ways to challenge themselves. 90% of people who say the game is too easy 1) play on standard with years of accumulated BiS stuff, 2)play meta builds, and/or 3) don't play HC. They burnout of their own accord.

I sat out the Chaos meta, and will continue to do so. That's just me, and so maybe that's a reason where I think, aside from a few tweaks I'd like to see, the game is in a good state right now balance wise.

Previously I would have said 'just wait for Act 5'. The game always gets harder with new acts. I'm not certain of this anymore. One big reason is the power level of uniques they've been creating. They are making (and letting supporters make) some insanely powerful unique items right now, that blow old stuff out of the water. Again, I'm not mad about that. If you play a lot for 4 weeks of a temp league and spend multiple exalts on your gear, you ought to be strong.

Newer and more casual players should feel like they have a chance to be powerful, and run 95% or more of the content in this game. Maybe not everything, but that's what systems like Ubers are great for - challenging the top 5% most dedicated. My friends might even return to the game for Prophecy because I'm telling them that they can become strong without no-lifing the game anymore. That and the graphics/performance improvements.
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 10:34:34 PM
They are technically making mapping a bit harder by adding these new type of mobs that will synergy well in hordes. More incoming spike damage. lol
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

People always say game is easy, yet everyone died in the ssf, and half of the players died in the 2wk. That's easy? People trade for every item they have, they play with bitchboys, they log every 30 minutes to save themselves from a certain rip. But still they say "game is ez".

Reality check- Even the most experienced players die. And for most players game is just not easy at all.
This pole makes no scientific sense.
|| EU-Prisoners | Top Hardcore/Challenge Guild | IGN AnimateImmortality ||
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390390
The game is as hard as you want.

Of course, if you follow the meta GGG "forces" on you, buying every item you need and always stay 10 levels above the content you farm, game can be pretty easy.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:54:54 PM
I think the problem here is that there is a huge variance in the player base. On one side you have people that play upwards of 10 hours or more a day, then you have others that play 1 or 2 hours a day. If the game is hard enough to please the first group, then the game may not be enjoyable for the second group. And then there is the opposite scenario.

I think the problem GGG faces is that generally, the people who play casually probably contribute the most financially because the reason they don't play as much is because they work full time. So I believe GGG is in the process of trying to find the right balance between keeping the two groups happy without alienating their financial supporters. Which is not an easy task.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
People always say game is easy, yet everyone died in the ssf, and half of the players died in the 2wk. That's easy? People trade for every item they have, they play with bitchboys, they log every 30 minutes to save themselves from a certain rip. But still they say "game is ez".

Reality check- Even the most experienced players die. And for most players game is just not easy at all.

This. The game is fine the way it is.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:

This. The game is fine the way it is.

The game is fine with all league mods enabled. Without, it is too easy.

And yes I don't play HC because it is not technically feasible on my connection.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on May 29, 2016, 2:52:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info