Ridiculous thought about Vortex

Okay, looking at the new skill and the showcase video I cant help but think that I am probably not going to play it in the way its intended. Having AoE cold DoT is nice, all I want is a way to cover the whole screen in it.

The first thing that came to my mind was Flicker CoC. This is probably not going to work but stay with me. It states that modifiers to spell damage affect the DoT, so I hope that damage wont be a problem.

Looking at nokternl's Flicker CoC build with terminus est we could either go with assassin for the crit or forget about terminus est and go trickster to deal with generating frenzy charges and mana cost at the same time. I am not quite sure if we can get enough crit though.

Lastly, since Vortex would be the only skill we use in the CoC setup we could even use a couple of support gems to get a bit more damage or AoE.
In the trickster version an example would be:

FlickerStrike - CoC - Vortex - inc.Crit - Inc.AoE - Concr.Effect

Other options would be Rapid Decay/Less Duration/Hypothermia/Ice bite

For this version Id suggest Divinarius as a weapon, since we need the spelldamage.

I havent made any skilltree attempts yet since my idea is quite unrealistic and I wanted to wait on feedback first.
Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 2:40:38 PM
If you don't think you can get enough crit, don't go crit. Use CoMK instead with a real weapon, like Oro's. Besides, crit won't help the DoT.
Last edited by Shppy on May 29, 2016, 12:54:23 PM
Thats a good point, CoMK has the only downside that someone has to die. In a bossfight without adds i would need a writhing jar since flicker itself wont deal an awful lot of damage
I like the idea! That might be because I like any and every original idea, but still, it sounds awesome.
I also had another thought... does frost bolt work aswell with coc? and if it does, what about flicker, coc, frostbolt, gmp or lmp and then vortex? Shouldn't that create multiple vortexes? Or how about coc frostbolt with frostnova? Uhh the possibilities...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
That's why you use a second (non CoMK) attack for single-target.

I go with cyclone or molten strike.
Last edited by Shppy on May 29, 2016, 1:24:29 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I like the idea! That might be because I like any and every original idea, but still, it sounds awesome.
I also had another thought... does frost bolt work aswell with coc? and if it does, what about flicker, coc, frostbolt, gmp or lmp and then vortex? Shouldn't that create multiple vortexes? Or how about coc frostbolt with frostnova? Uhh the possibilities...

If I read it correctly, using vortex would only detonate the nearest frostbolt, but in CoC I cant predict the interactions. Seems like well have to wait and see, which isnt exactly my strong point.
Why do you have to play that gimped CoC build instead of a normal one that's actually strong? I can't understand what's the point of striving for originality even if it's original because it's suboptimal and no one else is doing it.

You can always play around with ice vortex and other skills and see if you like them, if you don't - no big deal, lots of other options.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 30, 2016, 3:31:52 AM
Because I want to see if I can make it strong. Its simple, If I can have AoE DoT on the whole screen that scales with spell damage I might be able to get to a reasonable level of clearspeed.

If everybody would just stick to the builds that already work, we would never see anything but the same old stuff.
if it can work with CoCS then the CoCS version will be stronger than self cast. it is true for pretty much every spell out there and this is something GGG did not change for like 2 years now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info