State of PoE 2.2.2 - do you see improvements over time?

"
viciousnugget wrote:
My possession of these items bothers you?
Spoiler

Yes. Under LORD nexuscz's new rules, you must either choose to donate these to me or you must donate them to Little Timmy. No other choices.

I'm probably the safer choice since the dropoff point is usually Act 4, which the new lord has not experienced yet.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
new lord

"
white knight

"
Little Timmy

Sorry, but I pity you. Not able to have a discussion without desperately trying suppression techniques and labeling people like a 12 year old.

Try discussing this matter without believing every dude looks up to you and envy you. Try. Please.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
new lord

"
white knight

"
Little Timmy

Sorry, but I pity you. Not able to have a discussion without desperately trying suppression techniques and labeling people like a 12 year old.

Try discussing this matter without believing every dude looks up to you and envy you. Try. Please.

I mean, the discussion so far has been:

OP: "Legacy items are toxic and poisonous!"

Me, and some other people: "But Person A owning it doesn't really have much effect on Person B."

OP (and you; paraphrasing): "Legacy items are toxic and poisonous! Look at the unfair advantages they give. Think of the new player."

Me: "Okay, that's fair, so when a new player comes what are we gonna do?"

OP: "We must BANISH all Legacy items! Look at this new player who has come and has nothing compared to this evil legacy item owner with 300% MF. I will update the grand patch to make all items updated."

Me: "Uhhh, okay, well, the guy who just started still doesn't have shit compared to the older player."

OP: "IRRELEVANT. I have banished all Legacy items. Brb trying to get past Docks with my superior game design and knowledge."

I mean, I'm sorry if you're offended or something, but I've been making a mockery of this since the previous page, since it's pretty clear OP has one goal and is not really going to address anything else nor deviate from his point. You seem mad.

It's funny because I started in a late temp league and just played Standard afterwards. Because I simply enjoy the game, I wasn't caught up a whole lot about what other people owned or had, and focused on my own pace. It really has had no effect on me, lmao.
By the command of new lord Little Timmy

Sir Saranghaeyo_'s the legacy white knight

shall be perish of his kaom and shavs without ebay refund!
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on May 29, 2016, 3:33:17 PM
"
nexuscz wrote:
By the command of new lord Little Timmy

Sir Saranghaeyo_ the commander of legacy white knight's

shall be perish of his kaom and shavs without ebay refund!

R

I

P
"

It's funny because I started in a late temp league and just played Standard afterwards. Because I simply enjoy the game, I wasn't caught up a whole lot about what other people owned or had, and focused on my own pace. It really has had no effect on me, lmao.

I play mostly standard, and I play self found: So needless to say, it has no affect on me either. But it HAS an affect on several other areas; trading for one. And if I was to start playing PoE today, and finds out that there's A LOT of really good items floating in standard that is not obtainable anymore, that is kind of sad.

I do not play for currency, as I play self found. But a lot of people do. And I don't think you can imagine how much harder it is to obtain currency in this game, without legacy IIQ gear, OP drops and so on. If you look at PoE trade, nothing else than GG rares and legacy items sell for much (which is the "law" in an endless league :P). And I don't think anyone really knows how much legacy gear affect the economy and pricing of non-legacy counterparts.

If you like legacy gear? Great, say so. If you don't want to play PoE without legacy gear? Fine, your views, your choices - it's ok. But legacy gear does affect more than you think it does.

What to do about it? Well, wiping standard is out of the question, as it would raise havoc. But I do think GGG needs to find a way to change every item when balancing.

Tho, in my eyes, a fresh Standard League, with no legacy items from start - and no legacy items in the future? Well, I's hit it. For sure.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 29, 2016, 3:28:26 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

I play mostly standard, and I play self found: So needless to say, it has no affect on me either. But it HAS an affect on several other areas; trading for one. And if I was to start playing PoE today, and finds out that there's A LOT of really good items floating in standard that is not obtainable anymore, that is kind of sad.

I do not play for currency, as I play self found. But a lot of people do. And I don't think you can imagine how much harder it is to obtain currency in this game, without legacy IIQ gear, OP drops and so on. If you look at PoE trade, nothing else than GG rares and legacy items sell for much (which is the "law" in an endless league :P). And I don't think anyone really knows how much legacy gear affect the economy and pricing of non-legacy counterparts.

If you like legacy gear? Great, say so. If you don't want to play PoE without legacy gear? Fine, your views, your choices - it's ok. But legacy gear does affect more than you think it does.

What to do about it? Well, wiping standard is out of the question, as it would race havoc. But I do think GGG needs to find a way to change every item when balancing.

Tho, in my eyes, a fresh Standard League, with no legacy items from start - and no legacy items in the future? Well, I's hit it. For sure.

Well that's such a different tone from our convo earlier.

I'd love to respond more but I have been banished...
"

Well that's such a different tone from our convo earlier.

I'd love to respond more but I have been banished...

My tone was based on your slightly milder tone... What goes around, comes around.
"
Phrazz wrote:

From business standpoint big YES

From technical standpoint its possible to retroactively change items but that require to run db query on each individual item for all character inventories and stashes, i can just imagine how humongous the db is.

But keep in mind the legacy item is product of technical limitation in first place.

Finally someone who have clue:) thank you
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
1. Game is better then before
2. Worrying about legacy items is like worrying there are rich people out in the world that inherited money from their rich parents and don't have to work since it's unfair.

Does it really affect you or your enjoyment of the game? Not really, you're hurting your brain for no actual reason.

You can argue 24/7 about this subject but in the end it really doesn't matter. It's been like 3 years since legacy items and careless dumping of ladders into standard and it's 100% been exactly the same it's always been.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 29, 2016, 3:33:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info