State of PoE 2.2.2 - do you see improvements over time?

"
nexuscz wrote:
Would you play fresh D2 or POE server where some people are just given +300% MF because some people got privileged to AVOID patch notes or are flat given bonus from admin friend?

Admin friend LOL

Nice, we are in conspiracy theory. Brb need more popcorn.

Also, your logic is shit here. People aren't given the supposed "300% MF," they got the gear before said new player joined, just like everyone else would have in an ARPG that's been online for years+

So like I asked before, you're gonna what, wipe the server for every new player that joins so they can have an even playing field? What's the plan here?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
You dont even read my posts properly...

"
So like I asked before, you're gonna what, wipe the server for every new player that joins so they can have an even playing field? What's the plan here?

Already answered this question:
"
nexuscz wrote:

NO! but i would make sure the items and skill gems are up to patch notes by running db query.

Its bit complicated cause items doesn't use reference tables so you cannot affect all items by changing 1 db record but its possible by running db query for hours. If this was practiced after every item change would not take some horrendous time like in current state.

"

Admin friend LOL

Nice, we are in conspiracy theory. Brb need more popcorn.

I havent accused someone from doing any admin favors, was just given example maybe go read the post again.

But the end result is same someone privileged for more power just can farm 3x more efficient.
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on May 29, 2016, 12:36:26 PM
I read exactly what you wrote.

You don't like new players to enter an environment where people were "given 300% MF."

I'm asking you, how would you police that? You know 300% IIR is possible nowadays pretty easy right, even in temp leagues? So your update that you propose can go into effect, but people are still going to have "300% MF" or whatever compared to those who start the game late, no matter how you look at it.

/e

LOL you edited that part of your response out.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 29, 2016, 12:58:33 PM
"
I read exactly what you wrote.

You don't like new players to enter an environment where people were "given 300% MF."

I'm asking you, how would you police that? You know 300% IIR is possible nowadays pretty easy right, even in temp leagues? So your update that you propose can go into effect, but people are still going to have "300% MF" or whatever compared to those who start the game late, no matter how you look at it.

Wow just wow...

do i want to police someone USING regular items obtainable from playing game? NO!

do i want to ensure that people gear, skills, gems or whatewher is up to PATCH NOTES? YES!

... you just nitpicking while i think in bigger picture
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
How is this nitpicking? If you're gonna impose all this you need to back it up mate.

Ya you update all the gems and items and shit, but what about all these "privileged" people that have all this gear left?

Little Timmy starts playing today, what are you gonna do for him? He doesn't have 300% MF like all these other people, who have obtained it with non-Legacy items. Are you gonna help him get better gear? Can you even farm docks yourself? Can you even get to Docks yourself?

Holy shit...

Spoiler
You're Little Timmy, aren't you?

My possession of these items bothers you?
Spoiler
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Oh, I remember this guy.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
How is this nitpicking? If you're gonna impose all this you need to back it up mate.

Ya you update all the gems and items and shit, but what about all these "privileged" people that have all this gear left?

Little Timmy starts playing today, what are you gonna do for him? He doesn't have 300% MF like all these other people, who have obtained it with non-Legacy items. Are you gonna help him get better gear? Can you even farm docks yourself? Can you even get to Docks yourself?

Holy shit...

Spoiler
You're Little Timmy, aren't you?

Yes I'm Little Timmy clueless about game design and technical aspect of creating games

You claim about reading my posts but again you prove that you either didn't or cannot understand any technical standpoint.

Just in case you missed something from 1 post above

"
nexuscz wrote:

do i want to police someone USING regular items obtainable from playing game? NO!

do i want to ensure that people gear, skills, gems or whatewher is up to PATCH NOTES? YES!

How would i ensure that people items are up to patch notes? Answered 2 times already as well

"
nexuscz wrote:

Its bit complicated cause items doesn't use reference tables (unlike skill gems, thats why they change all retroactively on patch) so you cannot affect all items by changing 1 db record but its possible by running db query for hours. If this was practiced after every item change would not take some horrendous time like in current state.

Last edited by nexuscz on May 29, 2016, 2:31:36 PM
"

But it does affect me. I play mainly Standard actually. Nice white knighting LOL

I don't get where your logic comes from. New player joins and see long time players with a pile of items >>> it's Standard league mate, by the rules of game, dead HC chars and temp leagues funnel into it. You're gonna wipe Standard too or what? And in all ARPG, of course if you're what, like 6 years behind the times, you're not gonna have anything. Nature of the game.

You wanna be a white knight delete your Legacy items pls :>

White knight? Are you capable of having a discussion without labeling people? What the hell is your definition of "white knight" anyway, if you think THIS is a good way of using the term?

Of course a new player isn't going to have everything. But that's a LONG way from a new player not having the OPPORTUNITY to get said items - what so ever.

And if you think that legacy items doesn't have an affect on the economy - and prices og non-legacy counterpart, you have to think twice.

So yes, it does affect every trader in the game.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
viciousnugget wrote:
My possession of these items bothers you?

Not really personally and main reason might be i havent played poe for years.

but obviously something happen, im not familiar with metrics nowadays but my good guess is majority of players that stick with game are

- people interested in hc ladder or ladder
- legacy owners on standard

while back then the standard got at least 5x more people than hc or league, casuals are very important for game income but dont get me wrong

Im strictly against catering to casuals either by making game easy or creating shortcuts to invalidate any hardwork of veterans but there was no hard work involved it was actually tenfold easier to obtain said legacy items back then.

So these privileged people got their wealth multiplied overnight without moving a finger because devs decide its too much technical difficulty to patch items via db query.
Last edited by nexuscz on May 29, 2016, 2:52:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info