Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Yup, you can reach max lvl/end game without xp pots/ buying items in the p2w games.

Stash tabs make you rich and allow you to dedicate way more time to maping, therefore getting you more xp and items.
It's not much different from buying xp pots and currency from a p2w store.

It's entirely different. In a classic f2p p2w game, your progress scales with the amount of money you spend. In PoE, once you have say 10 stash tabs, there is no way another 10 or 20 or 100 stash tabs will make you measurably more competitive. So spend 20-30 bucks on stash tabs and you're 100% competitive. Yuge difference to actual p2w games.

You are right. Stash tabs are like permanent xp pots and currency gains. Buy once, use forever. It's completely different than buying the boosts all the time.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Oct 28, 2016, 12:55:17 AM
ok, i'm convinced, its pay-to-win. just a word of caution though...

if your definition of winning is having lots of currency, by all means buy pay-to-win stash tabs so you may win,

but

pay-to-win stash tabs doesn't manufacture currency, so you still have to play, grind and farm uber atziri, grind and farm uber lab, grind and farm shaper or to where you might love to grind and farm to pickup currency drops or items you can sell and store in the pay-to-win stash tabs,

but

pay-to-win stash tabs doesn't automatically price your items and sell it for you, so you have to study item pricing to be competitive and sell it to other players, haggle and deal with their shit which this pay-to-win stash tabs won't do for you, and to accumulate huge amount of currency you have to sell sellable items, or items of high currency value,

but

pay-to-win stash tabs will not increase your RNG chances for high valued sought after items, you can offer some to RNG gods and hope that they smile upon your offerings or you might still need to flip items or control the market to some level,

but

pay-to-win stash tabs will not flip items for you, so you may still need to keep constant track of items in the market like poe.trade so you can grab juicy offers and low selling high value items for huge profits.

so yeah, with a little real money investment, or maybe more, you can maybe might win.

edit:
so on hindsight its not pay-to-win, it's pay-to-maybe-might-win or pay-and-work-hard-to-win.
we should be complaining that it's not pay-to-win, cause why pay if you ain't directly winning.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 28, 2016, 4:28:52 AM
"
element274 wrote:
if your definition of winning is having lots of currency, by all means buy pay-to-win stash tabs so you may win,

Ironically self-found players need more stash tabs than traders, in theory. Traders can easily liquidate their gear into small 1x1 currency stacks and buy the required item whenever they please. SF players have to hoard everything for later use. Just a note about "tabs are p2w" and "currency == winning". SF players whose currency generaton powers are abysmal vs traders, need more p2w stash tabs.

btw,

"
Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

I'm glad I can participate for free and don't need to pay-to-discuss... Thanks OP! :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Yup, i agree with everything. Also good luck manipulating the market with 4 stash tabs.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Seriously guys, I don't really care if it's pay-to-win or pay-whatever.
It's an advantage to traders, semi-traders and SF players that much we can see.

What we really want is for GGG to continue developing and improving this game. Keep releasing content for us to enjoy.

Support them by buying yourself some stash tabs for the price of a AAA base game and have a more enjoyable game play. If you can't then accept the 4 stash tabs and challenge yourself to enjoy the game despite of it, after all its free.

GoodDay HaveFun GoodLuck to y'all.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 28, 2016, 5:03:42 AM
Hi here, first post for me. First because i have just begin the game aroud 2 months and secund because i have a bad English and don't understant all.

But i want to tell somethiing here.

How can u speak about paytowin in a grind game dumb community ? Still the same peoples in all games.

How care about other players in a grind game ? What about win for you in this game ?

Really 25 fucking pages for this thread.....

I'm a bit confused, take a break of games peoples.... really ?

The people who think paytowin are the same poor peoples who trust illuminatis ....

Stop care about other players and take your fun in game or leave....

Peoples really peoples.....

Yup, i've already gotten more than the regular amount of tabs, so i've already payed to gain that advantage. It seems to me though that people are forgeting how it is when only using 4. For those i say go and read the thread i linked in the previous page.

And as perq said, stuff like Div cards and essences don't make things any better. New players are very pressured to buy tabs nowadays, which wasn't the case in the past.

Poe started very good on the p2w scale and it's getting worse and worse. Chris run a survey the first days of essence league to ask if people were willing to pay money for an essence tab. If that's not an eye opener, then i don't know what is.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Yup, i've already gotten more than the regular amount of tabs, so i've already payed to gain that advantage. It seems to me though that people are forgeting how it is when only using 4. For those i say go and read the thread i linked in the previous page.

And as perq said, stuff like Div cards and essences don't make things any better. New players are very pressured to buy tabs nowadays, which wasn't the case in the past.

Poe started very good on the p2w scale and it's getting worse and worse. Chris run a survey the first days of essence league to ask if people were willing to pay money for an essence tab. If that's not an eye opener, then i don't know what is.

oh they force stash tabs on new players? when? where? do you have screen shots of this happening? do you have a link to this survey he did because I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS.

if you going to make accusations such as these please share sources and show us this survey. thank you
I am not accusing anyone but i do have proof. I made a post about it when it happened and i am pretty sure the whole conversation is still in my .txt file.

You seem really angry though, so i dunno why i should bother.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am not accusing anyone but i do have proof. I made a post about it when it happened and i am pretty sure the whole conversation is still in my .txt file.

You seem really angry though, so i dunno why i should bother.

Just give us a link(s) to that survey\Chris post(s) and other accusations you've made against GGG.
It is simple, if you actually have those.

I don't remember any official survey(s) about essence\stash tabs\P2W\etc

Because right now you sound like resentful customer.
Also
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Poe started very good on the p2w scale and it's getting worse and worse.

Care to elaborate?
Do we have exp\orb boosters in shop? Shavronne's in shop? Or what?
Again, you sound like aggrieved customer.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info