Build Help - Blade Vortex Bruiser

Hey all, I'm a relatively new player who's recently returned and fell in love with the game. My favourite character has always been my BV Scion but I'm planning to rethink her when 2.3 hits and I can respec her for free.

I'd always assumed an Energy Shield build was the way to go with her, but I only recently found out about the excellent synergy with Cybil's Paw this build has. So I'm planning to dual wield Cybil's and go for an evasion/health/block build - because I think Energy Shield kind of hurts the excellent regeneration Cybil's gives to this build (I've already tried it with one Cybil and a shield, and even then it's pretty massive).

So I want to get it right this time from the get-go. I've put together a build and would appreciate a veteran's perspective on things. :)

I went into the Templar ascendancy because I feel that with the new 8 points that free added starting position gave me the most. Any idea on what other ascendancy to pick up? I'm leaning towards Trickster but I'm not sure. :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAQPuBLMHHghnCPQOSBEvEZYVuBXtFr8W8xhWHb4hwyLiIvQmPCaVKk0rCi2oL50xnjIBM4c2PTrhPAU8Sz1fPydBh0PIRnFH4klRSbFKyEtXTwRRTFJTVL1X4VgXW6BcQF3yYeJh62KsaHRo8mpDaoxsC2yMbRltbG-edf14x3pTfA59W3_GgseDCYRvj_qQ1pMnlKCVLpYylouXlZf0myadqp_foS-iAKI-otmkOaZXp1WsR7DYsZCyGbQMtUi3PrfWvOq-gL6KwFTAZsDjyBTIW8pKytPPetRC1bnWXdfP2E3Yvdpi21ngVed06NbrY-9874jwH_DV8bPyRfVv-Tf5Zfno_go=

Thanks for the help guys, and don't forget... Let it RIP!

EDIT: Just noticed I'd missed out on the points into Exceptional Performance (the +% effect duration nodes in the lower Scion region) so the endbuild needs some slight tweaking somewhere. :)
Last edited by FeistyDeity on May 28, 2016, 9:58:31 AM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2016, 1:34:16 AM
I made some minor tweaks to the tree for your consideration
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABALfW2E0IZ9tZlKBYFxW4V-EtqNpioj7IW_llsZC-gGh0GFY8S5YyIcODCfno4FV4x5DWRnFvnoLHQYfWXbQM8bMdvrc-TwTK00tXM4f-CkPIvorA4wPu8kXYvVugkyehLzrhNZKnVS-dbAt_xu-Iplf-j7XyfA4W8yL0EZb5N03jMZ5uqmjyJjxtGQceDkjXz0rI8B-X9Aj0lS5d8kmxPyeiAFJTwFTw1SsKKk1fmASzl5U9X7zqakNJUREvR-JZbcBm62Mi4s8yPAU2PbVIpDmf3-98narUQmyMhG9irHX9Fr8mlWqMYeL1b1VLyBSi2bDYe26XIcF8IdBVhaXL
I don't like Reflexes at all, I think it's highly inefficient so i pathed around below the scion life wheel instead. I also think revenge of the hunted is too far out of the way for this build to make efficient use of. I filled out the points i removed with a couple life nodes you hadn't taken and the frenzy charge in shadow.

This is definitely going to be an extremely tanky build, but I'm concerned about two things:

1) you don't seem to get much damage, just a little bit here and there. I don't play much blade vortex, so I honestly don't know how much of a problem this will be, perhaps the damage will be really good.

2) Cybil's paw is really strong when you can get a huge amount of block chance, which gives you even crazier tankiness as well as more spell damage. This build gets no block anywhere in the tree, so the only block you have is from the dual wielding implicit bonus and your ascendancy, which I'm not sure is enough. Consider perhaps getting a Rumi's concoction flask for extra block or looking for more elsewhere.

As for the last ascendancy points I think raider is probably the best, which is why I added the frenzy charge in my tweaks of your skill tree. 10% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill means you are easily sustaining charges, so with a cap of 4 (or 5 if you help kraitlyn in merciless) you would be getting 16% MORE damage, and 16% increased casting speed basically permanently.
If you often play in parties and cannot sustain frenzy charges because you don't get enough killing blows, I would consider berserker if you think you can afford to take 5% increased damage, or gladiator to gain a bunch of free spell block.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info