The unfairness of "All" chaos conversion items getting nerfed

Good Day,
I've heard all about versions of Chaos conversion items being nerfed instead of GGG choosing to make them Legacy. I do not understand why GGG is singling out Chaos conversion items for this brutal treatment... Why are all items being changed to Legacy status and NOT chaos-conversion items? I'm getting bashed two-fold: It will 1. Break my build which I have worked hard for, no secret. and 2. It will make me lose a ton of currency which I had invested on Chaos conversion-items. Reasonably, I am not happy and I don't see why anyone else in my shoes should be.
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 3:43:12 AM
"
VushaWan wrote:
I do not understand why GGG is singling out Chaos conversion items for this brutal treatment...

They aren't the first nor the last, check your history textbook.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
It won't break your build.

The nerf was mainly due to reflect I believe, as there are countless other ways to reach enough dps to kill every unique boss in the game within seconds, there are builds who literality one shot uber atziri.

You also have the potential to gain 2 extra ascendancy points, new unique items etc. so your dps could actually increase. Don't jump to conclusions so fast.
"
VushaWan wrote:
It will make me lose a ton of currency which I had invested on Chaos conversion-items.

Are you the one who bought a number of voltaxic with false hope?
Last edited by GodKas on May 28, 2016, 7:51:38 AM
They're changing the back-end of the Mechanic, rather than modifying the items themselves.

Same reason there aren't legacy items with the old leech format.

I feel bad for Infernal Mantle, honestly. It's really only getting nerfed because the others are, and because you'd be able to reach 100% without Legacy Consuming Darks, and would've been completely fine to remain unchanged.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I feel bad for Infernal Mantle, honestly. It's really only getting nerfed because the others are, and because you'd be able to reach 100% without Legacy Consuming Darks, and would've been completely fine to remain unchanged.

They could just increase the value on mantles, but that would create legacy mantles if they decide to push chaos conversion back. Better to err on the side of caution, and all this might be just a temporary measure until they decide once and for all what the hell do they want to do with chaos.

so you've invested in items that you THOUGHT were going legacy. they didnt. you've lost nothing - you still have your items. you might have not made a ton of currency - but.. noone cares about your potential loss

best part is that volt spark is as strong as ever as these 'nerfs' changed pretty much nothing
Well, if they change the value on Mantle, the old ones probably could be updated with a divine.
Alternatively, they could buff it in another way.
In any case, game balance. Some things might get worse.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Well, if they change the value on Mantle, the old ones probably could be updated with a divine.

Yeah, exactly. But it wold be a problem if they decide to upscale it back if they gut Chaos completely at some point, dunno, make it unable to leech or something. Or, you know, do what most anti-shield mechanics in other games have - give it damage penalty versus life.

That could be interesting actually, bypasses shield, half damage versus life, full damage to shield if you're using a shav or some other mechanic that redirects chaos to shield.

Well, thing is, it's not really an anti-shield mechanic against mobs, only against players.
It's an anti-reflect mechanic for players. And since Ascendancy, it allows an extra multiplier.
Though since the actual chaos skills have low direct hits, they are bad at leeching alrady, and there's less sources of chaos leech around, so we'll see if it's actually necessary.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info