[2.3] Harbinger of the Elements -- Lioneye's Vision Elementalist

So, the idea here is to abuse several different mechanics:

1) Scaling elemental damage off of physical base damage

2) LA + Frost wall + Pierce

3) Free 7th link from Lioneye's Vision (though could just as easily use a lightning coil or Daresso's if you so wish)

4) Mastermind of Discord providing all sorts of elemental penetration (especially fire, which will always be on thanks to using lightning arrow).

5) Paragon of Calamity and acrobatics for defense vs. reflect.

6) Fire and Ice golems for even more zaniness.

7) Atziri's flask for double-dipping poison shenanigans.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-KkPrUBxekVK7fbdyNEzV90kyLIvTvS2sXbAu86pMnwFS-ilM1CPRqQ6EvUEKMNlVLidNh4nBSJpUqCxa_XfIPq3X9JIuEb8M61EKbtSo4tUiExetjES8DHjY9H0GdqmyMYqy0xcLsBbUqW42_efZRR9QjQzYwfDfU51QwcVLsjX1_K-0_JP3dqCP21oo51Fb6_95LeE2Sb_J29-4O3UY6QqCfMfr8xe96Y6cNjdN-EYFbr4d2fXUAXiF2Tirjn2eg_roZjobOTP8j00p97YPBM0Mxj2BvJwgu2sGNfppqLlN07be2028FLXXLeu_qYr6nZU29Nkd-

Links:

Lioneye's Vision:
LA - GMP - Added Fire - WED - Fire penetration - Poison/PPAD/Increased crit strikes/Phys to lightning (take a pick)

Anything else:
LA - GMP - Pierce - Added Fire - WED - Fire penetration

Bow (4+2):
Fire Golem - Ice Golem - Blink Arrow - Mirror Arrow//Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Critical

4L:
Frost wall + faster casting + spell echo + increased duration

4L:
Cast when damage taken + immortal call + increased duration + curse of choice.

4L:
Hatred + herald of ice + curse on hit + assassin's mark.

Flasks:
Taste of Hate, Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching x2, Surgeon's Topaz Flask of Grounding, Surgeon's Ruby Flask of Heat

If you're using poison in lioneye's vision, replace one seething divine life flask with atziri's promise.

Bandits: Oak, Kraityn, kill/Alira

Other recommended uniques: Drillneck, duh!

Pros:

-Abuses a zillion different damage mechanics.
-High clear speed
-You saw what Mathil did with an LA + Frost Wall, right?
-You're shooting tri-elemental damage from a harbinger!

Cons:

-You don't really have much in the way of defense aside from life pool. Acrobatics + Lioneye's vision is a bummer.
-Lots of hard chroming might be required.
-Only as good as your harbinger. AKA most likely not good for a first character in the league.
-Might still gimp yourself to ele reflect considering how obscene your damage is.

Any thoughts, critiques?
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 28, 2016, 3:51:20 AM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 4:20:41 PM
I think the idea is pretty sweet. Paragon reducing Reflect is pretty nuts actually. Wonder if you can use Sibyl's for protection on top of it.

Originally had an idea similar like this for Templar but with 2.3 updates this seems better. Now to hope Frost Wall survives (which I doubt).
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
I think the idea is pretty sweet. Paragon reducing Reflect is pretty nuts actually. Wonder if you can use Sibyl's for protection on top of it.

Originally had an idea similar like this for Templar but with 2.3 updates this seems better. Now to hope Frost Wall survives (which I doubt).

Yep, you definitely can. 80% reduced reflect. It'd mean you'd need to overcap on resistances for red maps without one of your rings, though, which I think would be fairly difficult. And also, come on...you're using Sybil's Lament.

Also, I don't think the frost wall + pierce mechanic is changing, unless GGG wants to murder wanders.
Hey I'll be trying this build out in the new league. Just a quick question, what ascendancy points do you take in each difficulty?
I'd go for Liege, pendulum, paragon then Mastermind
Last edited by Rajaion on Jun 1, 2016, 2:27:31 AM
Sounds solid, thanks!
Currently playing spin-off of this build with "Reach of the Council" unique bow in Prophecy-HC

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ekunholy/characters
character: unholyprophecythree

Lvl 89 atm, with quite mediocre gear

DPS is insane. Survivability due to good eva + acro + frozen mobs are okay. Super EZ yellow-level elem reflect map mod.
Last edited by ekunholy on Jun 13, 2016, 4:22:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info