I heard you guys don't like labs, let's double it

"
Jennik wrote:
"
Temjiu wrote:
They actually stated that based on their research, a larger # of people like the Labs.

I don't think that's accurate. GGG can see that people play the lab, but it's not like they're asking everybody who runs the lab whether or not they enjoyed the experience as soon as they finish a run. The lab is viewed by almost everybody as a mandatory part of the game, and it's the only way to unlock the cool skills and massive buffs from Ascendancy classes. Almost everybody who plays POE is going to do the required lab runs for their Ascendancy points even if they really hate the lab.

From what I've actually seen people say in comments here and on Reddit, it seems like more people dislike the lab than like the lab. All of these people run the lab anyway, though. The only realistic option aside from doing lab runs that you hate is quitting the game. Ascendancy points really are that important.

If GGG's conclusion is that players don't hate the lab enough that tons of us are quitting the game, that's reasonable. If their conclusion is that people like the lab, that's not reasonable. They simply can't tell that based on their data.

Like I said earlier, I'm okay with the lab. I'd easily rate it higher than long, boring, repetitive zones like Kaom's areas. I also don't think people hate it enough that many will quit playing the game, especially now that trials are a once per league thing and some balance issues are being fixed.

Overall, the lab was a fair addition to POE even if most players don't actually like it. Not everything in POE can be amazing.

If you dont like POE, why are you playing it?

but by all means, keep taking tiny samples from a heavily bias focus group to get more accurate data than what GGG have on their OWN GAME. fits nicely with the overly exaggerated thread title.
Edit: Honestly, some people just don't deserve a response. If he can read that post and somehow conclude that I don't like POE, I'll just shake my head and move on.
Last edited by Jennik on May 29, 2016, 7:23:13 AM
Stole mah joke

Posted a week before this thread

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 29, 2016, 12:40:27 PM
It gives the no lifers something to do, chasing those T4 enchants.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
lab is like the last bastion of hope I have for GGG. last place where they didn't yet succumb to the screaming kindergarten demands of being given candy for breakfast, dinner and supper.

but its kinda shaky, I have little doubt that in a year or two even that bastion will fall. because- money talks and bullshit does 9 flat in the hundred
Last edited by grepman on May 29, 2016, 4:14:01 PM
Hey, I have an idea! Let's replace monsters with traps, trash the normal game and replace everything with lab! Would be so much fun!
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Hey, I have an idea! Let's replace monsters with traps, trash the normal game and replace everything with lab! Would be so much fun!

Reductio at absurdum is working excellent in this case!
Thank you very much for that, Rest In Pieces.

And one small addiction - I love POE, and I'm playing it in spite of Lab, not because of lab. And I'm doing lab to get achievements, ascendancy and enchantments, but it's like unpleasant duty, it's just a chore for me.

I don't like Shavs it should be removed from the game
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Ughhh i am so dissatisfied with the labrynth but unfortunately i guess i will have to do it. Lab helm enchants are super powerful and grinding atziri like fragments as keys to have a chance at uber lab is going to be soooo anoying.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
grepman wrote:
lab is like the last bastion of hope I have for GGG. last place where they didn't yet succumb to the screaming kindergarten demands of being given candy for breakfast, dinner and supper.

but its kinda shaky, I have little doubt that in a year or two even that bastion will fall. because- money talks and bullshit does 9 flat in the hundred

The lab has driven many players away. That is most commonly known as a 'failure' for game development. Seems like someone else is acting like a screaming kindergarten here...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info