The Only Build I'd Take HC :-)

"
Nssheepster wrote:
With 57% effect increase, that'd instead add 2.85, which AFAIK will be rounded to 3%, making it 84%.

Wrong again. Numbers like current resists "round" down, because they're ints, not rounded floats.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
8% reduced ele dmg taken is additive with Fortify.

"
Seriously, this build isn't just bad in general, it's even bad for the explicit purpose you set forth.

I think Theorycrafting a Darkscorn/Incandescent Heart CI build is definitely a good thing to try though. I agree it probably won't turn out well, but I still think it's worth trying. If you could get it to work, it would be awesome.

I don't disagree with "a good thing to try", but this smug piece of crap just blew off everyone's legitimate survivability concerns on the first page of the thread thinking he made some kind of magical unkillable beast.
Last edited by codetaku on May 29, 2016, 9:25:59 PM
"
I don't disagree with "a good thing to try", but this smug piece of crap just blew off everyone's legitimate survivability concerns on the first page of the thread thinking he made some kind of magical unkillable beast.

That was kind of my impression too :(

I really felt like I moved the build forward (joke or no - I'm thinking about trying my version of it now (I happen to already have a 5L incandescent :o )), but the response was just NO NO NO ITS GOTTA BE JUGGG.

Everyone could always try to phrase things more nicely though, it can be easy to conflate disagreement with disrespect.
"
innervation wrote:
"

That was kind of my impression too :(

I really felt like I moved the build forward (joke or no - I'm thinking about trying my version of it now (I happen to already have a 5L incandescent :o )), but the response was just NO NO NO ITS GOTTA BE JUGGG.

Everyone could always try to phrase things more nicely though, it can be easy to conflate disagreement with disrespect.

Go for it, if you'd like. I really just don't think any other Ascendancy compares at all to Juggernaut for pure tankiness. It'd be nice to see if your version works though, as I've no intention for making mine a reality.

As for blowing you off, I didn't intend to blow you off. I DID intend to blow off the jerk above you, but more because he's a jerk, not because of his math.

Also, I do see a lot of people insist that life or ES is the only real tankiness, and phys mitigation sucks....I already have a juggernaut that hits upwards of 90% if I want him too, and I can honestly say that phys mitigation is freaking awesome, and I have no idea why anyone complains about it. Reductions honestly do a lot of work if you get high enough, and if you've GOTTEN high enough on a reduction, you'll see the difference.

- Sheepster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info